Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
van_binsbergen

mixable exp books

I spend like 5m gc to tailor and Im only lvl 70. Still have like 3m gc in clothes and fabrics what I cant sell.

'm not trying to be mean here, so please don't take it the wrong way, but this is exactly why the vast majority of the game doesn't bother with tailoring. It's too hard to level and serves practically no purpose. Even the person ranked 10 is 'only' level 51. I glad that you enjoyed leveling it enough to bother getting all the way to level 70, but that doesn't mean people now have to reward you for it.

I used to be tailor rank 1 with the help of my guild, and I admit that I did both - mix for ings for friends, and sell for a high price, mostly because the other high level tailors (at the time) talked me into it. People got really pissed off, then Surfy started selling clothes for less than ing price on her bot. I just got back after almost two years of not playing and I see that Surfy is now tailor rank 1. Good for her. I'm glad I made some of my gc back that I spent on leveling tailoring, but I was uncomfortable with the price gauging even when I was doing it and happy to get the money. But whatever you do, eventually someone will always underbid you, and in the meantime people get mad at you. So here's my final recommendation to van and others: If you're gonna do this, for god's sake, don't make a forum post about it!

I agree with others.

If the potion books will be makeable, I will gladly do them for free for friends with ingreds - as far, as my action points allow. When I will be able to manage to do my own paper and quil (few more crafting levels), I will sell the books for reasonable price according to ingreds cost. I never check NPC price, greedy bots or whatever when I am counting price with little profit for me.

I wasn't leveling potioning to get paid for it in the future, same with any other skill - it's a game and I liked it play that way. Simple that it is.

all my fellow pr0 instance farmers; from now on we don't sell oranges for less than 100kgc kk.

One of the very few times I fully agree with you. Even though, I have never tried an instance. Reasons? Khalai and Nardo gave them and I decided to quote them below.

Ever heard of cartel argeements? Quite illegal and immoral in business. Let the market decide the price, if you don't like it, don't make the books or don't sell them, simple as that. Who are you to dictate market prices? Nobody should and fortunately very few can :)

Only supply and demand indeed will decide its market value, in such short time no one can predict their value yet, however considering the items needed and the skill levels required to make them I do foresee an increasing demand in saving stones.

PS. It is funny, to be honest. I remember quite a few manuers/potioners/etc. crying and whining that fighters want too much for their drops. Isn't it a bit hypocritical? Gotta love it.

Edited by Vanyel

There is a lot of action points required for each exp book, that alone will limit the minimum market value...

Not realy.... from actual amber price (30APs) 100 gc... i belive a 300 AP item will worth 1k gc + ings + proffit.

AP is free, just takes time to refill, but no effort at all, unless radu comes out with a banana or a wattermellon idea that increase your AP.

I'll have to agree with the majority on this one, firstly because the proposition is unlikely to work, and secondly if it does work than it will play right into the hands of USD-paying noobs, as you call them...

Compared with the entire player base of EL, there have always been very few players who will pursue a gc-depleting skill with millions of gcs worth of expenditure, simply because it's a time and money sink and serves only to frustrate most people. There are a select few who have an unconventional take on what is satisfying gameplay, and those few are always the ones who spam these skills. So no, I don't forsee very large transactions on XP books when compared with other hot-selling commodities of the day. These skills will only become popular with the mainstream when cost-effective, easily-manufactured items are made available in them which award good XP. The other possibility is if items of great utility are added to those skills, eg the addition of the Mage Robes helped tailoring a good bit even though the items don't boast a low level requirement.

Coupled with your proposition of not lowering the prices of the books too far below the NPC price, this will mean that the purchase of these books will go on as it has always gone on, slowly and sporadically. It will be as if nothing has changed despite the addition of the ability to write them. This being an undesirable scenario, there will be book writers, I think, who will always try to trim their own margins in order to pursue a faster production/sale/XP cycle.

Secondly let's say that the book-writers' wildest dreams come true, people make a beeline to buy these books, they get sold at maybe NPC price -1kgc, etc etc. To balance this gc-per-XP sink the prices of other ingame items will also rise, resulting in rampant inflation (consider oranges at 100k). Everything gets proportionally bloated in price until we arrive at NPC-price dictated market equillibrium, and to counter this inflation, gc buyers charge more gc per dollar. Essentially, this will further weaken the gc versus RL currency.

And we will be back at a similar time-to-money equillibrium as we are in today, with the negative of a few months of market turmoil.

Either way, the proposition is unlikely to be beneficial.

Edited by TuDaeFadda

Then everything in this game is free, it just takes a bit of time and patience. There is few people with 100+ in manu or craft, 0 people with 100+ tai, they have a limited amount of AP, then the prices could be also limited by that (and the cost of ingreds).

Then everything in this game is free, it just takes a bit of time and patience. There is few people with 100+ in manu or craft, 0 people with 100+ tai, they have a limited amount of AP, then the prices could be also limited by that (and the cost of ingreds).

Cost of ingredients for each book is not even over 10kgc, so this won't be showstopper either. If you compare cost of AP to the cost of amber (15AP per amber w/ exc cape), it's all quite low cost, the only problem is having the skill over 100, which in case of tailoring or engineering could be real pain.

The cost of amber is of little relevance to this discussion. The fact is there are few people with 100+ manu or craft, the books cost a lot of APs, which is a limited resource by its own nature and takes a lot of time to replenish.

This suggests few books will get written, and most likely, this will limit the bottom price, thats all i said!

It has nothing to do with ambers or "cost per AP", people who write books now would not harvest ambers anymore. Also, probably there will be other uses for AP too. Its not the AP alone, but the high skill required + AP factor.

rewarded no, but if I can get a few gc back with mixing I would like to do it.

Im not taking it as mean :)

Sold the 1st book for a fair price..

FYI I needed to lvl tailor, want to have an average lvl 100 on each skill.

Tailor was less hard to train ;p but I wont train it more probably

The books should be good xp to mix. That is some reward.

I often do insured mixes and use saving stones, but in this case, I would recommend having a spare book for the insurance. I tend to charge 1K gc for low risk (at least 5 levels under mine) items. You could probably do the same without too much complaints. Others may do it for just food. Hard to tell. At any rate, a number of people are likely to bring people ingredients instead of passing over 10-15K gc.

Only supply and demand indeed will decide its market value, in such short time no one can predict their value yet, however considering the items needed and the skill levels required to make them I do foresee an increasing demand in saving stones.

Saving stones are not likely for this low cost of an item.

Saving stones are not likely for this low cost of an item

As Lorck already explained perfectly:

It has nothing to do with ambers or "cost per AP", people who write books now would not harvest ambers anymore. Also, probably there will be other uses for AP too. Its not the AP alone, but the high skill required + AP factor.

Unlike 'normal' items, with every fail you will loose AP, that makes the difference. Perhaps not for some, but for others it might, it all depends on your fail rate ( lvl above recommended ) and available time which might make saving stones interesting to use with items requiring action points. But as I said before only time will tell.

For the sake of correct information; is it with every fail or with every critical fail that you loose action points when making books? There is quite a difference.

On a side note, does anyone knows how to raise their maximum action points? ( which formula )

As far as I have seen for myself, I can only talk about Big Book of manu.

You loose 60 action points + the materials if you crit fail.

If you just fail, you loose the food, I just eat 5 toads and try again.

When you successfully created a big book of manu 250 action points, the material and the food consumed is gone.

Edited by roman_gruber

On a side note, does anyone knows how to raise their maximum action points? ( which formula )

Maximum action points is rationality*20