Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mauler

I'm 120-130 a/d and I cant join ANY instance/invance.

Basically I cant do any instance, why? because theyre too tough for me. I think I speak for the majority of 120s-135s when I say, *PLEASE MAKE A 120-140 INSTANCE.* The only thing I've been able to do for the past few months is let higher lvls into the 120+ instance. This is not right. Please sort it out. Thanks!

What I want, is a 120-140 instance/invance. because lvling to the required lvl of todays top instance is just too much.

I do tend to agree, it is hard to be lumped in with mufossa, boe and dre @ 120a/d to instance with the likes of very strong chars.

a 120-135 instance would be a very nice idea imo

I agree too.

There's people intentionally stopping a/d training just short of 120 a/d.

You hit 120 a/d and PvE wise you are thrown in the same basket as a 170 a/d every attrib capped ub3r pr0.

At 136/139 a/d every pro instance i do i take with me 12coord, 12att, 10reas, 12def, 10wild potions just so i can barely cut the mustard.

A 120-140 a/d instance would be great.

An off-my-dome possible layout:

Wave 1:

35 LOrc

-or-

50 ACW

Wave 2:

20 Giants

-or-

45 Nasp

Wave 3:

3 RD's

-or-

1 BD

Wave 4:

Couple Jegos

Wave 5:

Need new monster, basically a Bula with less a/d and bit less Might (damage), maybe slightly less crit-rate.

EDIT: And that ain't making it easy for a team averaging 130 a/d, i'm thinking it might be a bit too much rly. It'd still definitely need a 'tank' (someone very close to 140 a/d with good attribs).

EDIT2:

instance/invance

I should note though, people 120-135 a/d can join the 120+ 'invance'.

EDIT3: changed proposed layout a little.

Edited by Korrode

i agree, all i ever did was the almost-pro instance when it was still on test server. Then i hit 120+ and i was unable to do any at all. (Except for letting other people in)

I have slowed down on my training, because I don't want to leave the 100-120 bracket (am 117/120 now). Would love to see an instance for the proposed levels.

I'm above this proposed bracket but i 100% agree with what your saying. 120-135 a/d are loosing out and its not really fair, and under 120 have no incentive to train 20 more levels. would like to see something done so ALL players can anjoy the game equaly.

Well...i agree with the propposal.

Im at the 120 limit and really stopped my training, even stopped haidir daily. (but sad i couldnt get a team for the instance :<)

I changed my currents objetives to other skills (moved nexuses and finished potions tutorial from not making any potion to be Proffesor of Potions for example). I see no incentive to level up a/d, even i dont want to go to invance since i fit in the +120 (not in the previous level like the 100-120 instances) which is really hard for me (barelly i can take down a naspa) and the reward is a/d exp.

I support the proposal wholeheartedly, I myself am staring at the prospect of having to stop training after a while because there will be no instances where I will be able to make headway. This would be a great addition.

I'd like to encourage the idea too.

I'm in the 110-120 range and don't plan to train past 120 a/d atm because it would take ages to be strong enough for the pro/wtf instance.

I think it would be great to see a 120-135 instance. I was lucky and had a great bunch of guildies that I could do the Pr0 instance with and be ok. Its hard to find that though. I am above these levels but think it would be only fair.

Even though I'm past the range now I still support the idea. Especially before 130 (or 135) atk you can't do much in pr0 instance so it'd be great to have an instance to go to at those levels.

he said he will think for many ideas, just new and better ideas comes which he is working on

Two basic problems for even a large team of 120-140 players in the 120+ instance:

• You need a tank, but some of the bosses are too hard for these levels (Icy and Bula).
  • The numbers of some of the monsters are too high, you will get teamed by multiple giants/nasps/AC or you will run out of time picking them off one by one while other mobs run away and make you hunt them all over the map.

The suggestion posted by Korrode addresses both these issues without making it easy, it just makes it doable.

I think you will find that many in this range either have stopped leveling before they hit the limit (like me) or stopped doing instances (like the people that went over the limit and posted here).

I have stopped doing Haidir, bail out of invances before xp is given and have not trained the past three weeks, in spite of a few Sun Tzu. This is seriously demotivating but good for my tailoring level :P

Edited by Maxine
cant spell

Reiterating and expanding on what Maxi has said:

<140 a/d'ers tanking Icy's & Bula's is just no go.

• I know you like rostos poofing, but the chance of poofing heaps each instance is just too high.
  • 8x 120-140 a/d'ers will not use twice the resources that 4x 150+ a/d'ers do, it'll be more like four times the amount, maybe more. The expensive PK Arrows would have to be used on the Bulas, the HE/SR burn for the people "tanking" (more like: getting smashed to pieces and mass restoring) would be huge.
  • Not to mention that splitting the average drop from a pr0 instance across 8 people is too far into lame territory. If you factor in the rosto loss which will regularly be occurring when trying to tank Icy & Bula (even BD's tbh, especially since there's 7 of them), it'd run at a loss.

And as Maxi said, the numbers of monsters that are still very hard for 120's and most 130's a/d'ers (Nasps, Giants, even ACW) will mean more deaths, resource burn, etc.

I am 139 def (140 if you count vanquisher perk), I am negged hard with only Human nexus and thus have better attribs than probably any 'all-rounder' at high 130's a/d. I represent "a powerful high 130's a/d'er in EL". Very few characters <140 a/d are as strong as mine.

I still need to use multiple types of defensive boost potion to dodge Nasps at all 'well' and Giants are still borderline out of my league. To tank giants I have to use def/coord/wild potions and be equipped with my Therm serp (and ofc Ti shield) giving me def bonuses, otherwise they still pretty much smash me to bits. On every boost pot in the game (incl. acc/eva) I don't dodge BD's much at all and Icy's murder me.

The pr0 instance just isn't a viable thing for a group, even quite a large group, averaging ~130 a/d.

Edited by Korrode

I will repost the same thing i said on channel 6. People on 120-140's a/d can do fine in pr0 instas as long as they aren't asked to tank, and at least one pr0 tanker (heck, lulu, boo, dre, vio, amar, boe, etc) is needed, and at least one decent ranger (lvl 45 ran, full AP + both perks) is required.

We did come in 5-6 (with 3-4 or so in the 120/130 range) multiple times in our guild instas, and we rarely had any problems finishing it, though sometimes the drops could barely repay the costs of scales/tokens for the heavy instancers.

If you are on 130's, you can be fully a member of a pr0 instance. We did finish one yesterday with me (still with low OA), lulu, heck and starlite (who is on 130's), with the worst possible combination (giant, 65 nasp, icy), and we finished with resources enough to fight 1-2 more bulas.

The 130's can do fine on pr0 instances, specially if they are good rangers. The problem is that they just aren't invited for the insta farmers.

It's pretty crappy to have to rely on a handful of people who don't want to go w/ 130's A/Ders anyway to be able to instance.

Ok, how about this:

I want to see a group of 8 120-140 players do that instance, with my own eyes. If it is indeed too hard, I will make you a 120-140 instance.