Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tosh

New achivements.

I didn't see any topics where we can purpose new achivements, so I open one.

Fencing master : Gerund's weapon breaking quest finished.

Muler (I don't know if we can say that) : got 12 mule levels.

Summoner : Invoked 5000 (rank 1), 10000 (rank 2), 50000 (rank 3) creatures. (Summoning stones count ?)

Harvester or Xaquelina apprentice : made 20 (rank 1), 50 (rank 2), 200 (rank 3) Xaquelina missions.

Don't have others ideas for the moment :) .

Edited by tosh

For the summoner the requirements should be much higher 10k monsters are far to easy to summon. I suggest. 25k. 75k 300k or so (remember we can summon rats, very easy task ...

Nope, for summoning is see better to make a tutorial and get the achievement when you finish it (like manu, potions or crafting)

For the summoner the requirements should be much higher 10k monsters are far to easy to summon. I suggest. 25k. 75k 300k or so (remember we can summon rats, very easy task ...

Given i have not summoned anywhere near 50k monsters........

And even if you include stones I am no where near 300k

I think summoning achievements should be something like this

Rank 1 - 10K monsters of any level

Rank 2 - 10K monsters level 30 and up

Rank 3 - 10K monsters level 60 and up

Of course, I train by summoning boars and I would be lucky if I got rank 1.

I don't know if the rank 2 and rank 3 requirements that I listed are hard enough or not. I don't remember what monsters are level 60 and up.

You may notice I did it by 10K counts of certain levels. That is because I don't think grinding ridiculous amounts is really that much of an achievement if you can get it with rats. Rank 1 on rats is ok. I would call Rank 1 as a sign that the person has spent some effort on it.

I like the achievments and would love to have some more to go for when i start my path of achievment gaining ;)

Would also be nice if we could get a 4th part of the book achievments for when you have read all the books you would gain the "Genius" or "All knowing" achievment (think i've said that somewhere already but 1 more time aint hurting anyone :P )

And No i have not read all the books in the game... Yet

yeah love the achievements, the more the better

summoner one sounds good (@OP i don't think summon stones should count, summoning monsters is more challenging)

Edited by Sonny

You'd have to be pretty commmited to get these summoning achievements, as Raz our number one summoner says he has not summoned lots of creatures. Summoning becomes completely stone dominated after a while. Going off topic I thinly summoning needs some work in all honesty, as its the only skill where 90%+ of the levelling at higher levels comes from one item. Getting exp proportional to the hits/dodges would be cool imo, making actual summoning viable for summoning exp. Then there's the pk summoning situation where ACWs can kill anyone, and the other summons are useless in comparison. The birds are a cool feature, but more creatures with special effects would he nice, especially if th success rate of these increased with summ level. A fighter using a WT stone produces a WT with a less chance to cooldown than one from a summoner for instance.

Rambling I know, but back on topic, new achievements are cool, but unless there is more incentive to actually summon as a summoner instead of grinding WT stones, then high level summoners would never come close to the summoning achievements proposed. Instead 0 animal nexus ear grinders would progress much better in the achievements. And I doubt sincerely that anybody has summoned 10k monsters at 60+ levels. High level monsters are not worth summoning in bulk atm.

It would be really great, if there would be an achievement for Gerund’s weapon breaking quest, since this is a time consuming task. All other questperks also have their own achievement. :icon13:

I like all 4 ideas, very good suggestions :icon13:

For Summoner one, I think only casted summons should count as stone can be used by anyone and the achievement should be for true summoners ;) And yes numbers should be a bit like other said here already...

Only little doubt is Xaquelina missions achievement because then someone can say I want one for Minel or Dorel... (but hey! Minel bomb missions would be really challenging one to get :D ) as we got enough achievements for harvesting - and on the other hand, this one is not logged in quest log, so if any achievement for Xaquelina, I bet it would not be retrospective.

#Edit: ohh and lil side note, I am not agreeing with suggestion only for wanting another bunch of achievements for myself - in fact, I would get none of these if added and must work on them hard :P I really think they would be cool!

Edited by Vidriel

Other ideas for achievements:

Jumper - based on jumps (ttr) you do

Lazy - casting ttpr

Jolly Sailor - boat trips

Cabbage Head - for mixing on vegetables

Fruity - I'll let you guess

Impudence - For killing Imps

Achievement Achiever - for attaining rank x (where x is the highest rank) in all achievements

May sound a little of the mark but you actually have to do something to get them.

hi- I think there should be better less then more achivments. An achivement should be someting special. And what is special in harving 50k flowers or eating 50 toadis? Finishing tutorials which shows that a player is a master in a skill are worth a shining star over the head. Or a master Lenny killer deserves an achivement.

Or a master Lenny killer deserves an achivement.

Very good idea ! :)

And I'm agree, an achievement must be something special and difficult to have.

Edited by tosh

agreed with Brusu, we don't have to have achievements for everything - like travelling via boats, erhm... you can stand in docks whole day to get a medal, that's not what are achievements for I think...

+1 for the lenny killer, many people mentioned it already and would be very nice for kitty hunters! :pirate:

So comparing achievements gathering 50k flowers is as hard as summon 300k rats??

Lenny Loves Me achievement for having been killed by Lenny x number of times (sort of like MN hates me)

It's Mutual achievement for having killed Lenny x number of times

Edited by LilBear

All I can say in regards to this is to add more. Many many more. It adds a whole new element to the game IMHO.

Look at Quake Live. There, it gives you something to strive towards. Here. the same but not as much. There is alot to be desired.

Side note... Make CTRL-click required by default in the options if it works.

500th post. o/

Edited by Nintenduh

You'd have to be pretty commmited to get these summoning achievements, as Raz our number one summoner says he has not summoned lots of creatures. Summoning becomes completely stone dominated after a while. Going off topic I thinly summoning needs some work in all honesty, as its the only skill where 90%+ of the levelling at higher levels comes from one item. Getting exp proportional to the hits/dodges would be cool imo, making actual summoning viable for summoning exp. Then there's the pk summoning situation where ACWs can kill anyone, and the other summons are useless in comparison. The birds are a cool feature, but more creatures with special effects would he nice, especially if th success rate of these increased with summ level. A fighter using a WT stone produces a WT with a less chance to cooldown than one from a summoner for instance.

A summonable with True Sight would spice things up :D

Or a ranging mob (new mob, invasions and summing only; give BluD worth outside of KF). :D

+1

Jumper - based on jumps (ttr) you do Why? :confused:

Lazy - casting ttpr

Jolly Sailor - boat trips Too easy. Well too easy.

Cabbage Head - for mixing on vegetables How would it know you mixed with them? All it'll know is you ate a bunch

Fruity - I'll let you guess Guess

Achievement Achiever - for attaining rank x (where x is the highest rank) in all achievement An achievemnt for achieving achievements, only to make you achieve more achievements :ph34r:

I vote no to all!

Edited by Grort

How about grapes. Found over 100, 3 in invances

Still miss achievement medals for finished Engineering and Tailoring Tutorial. Their artworks already exist. Any chance to add them to the game, please? :(

...and hell it's about time for some more achievements!

Lol 2 year necro >.<

tbh summoner on would be cool, one based on lenny kills/joker finds/pear finds/treasure finds should also be added imo, all are logged in blue spam/Channel 6 so could be restrospective, as well as showing the people who bother/can afford/ spend time doing these special features. But then again some of these would only be held by 3 people.

ZootNerper - All your ideas are either impossible to be implemented, too easy or pointless. Most are easier than the harvesting achievements.

Edited by JoeButler