Eternal Lands Official Forums
burnout

n0ser bagjumper

Just letting the EL community know, yet another bagjumper that doesn't even take anything just let's it poof. Officially banned from our bot and any allies that wish to do the same, feel free.

Burnout

nOser: told u im gonna poof it..

nOser: about 2-3 mins left

Edited by burnout

I can verify that chat log:

r0wan found a bag of gold, getting 8 gold coins

You stopped harvesting.

nOser: told u im gonna poof it..

nOser: about 2-3 mins left

You are too far away! Get closer!

You started to harvest Silver Ore.

Banned from all bzzz bots, too!

<edit>

Other than Phoebe, that is.

Edited by Vanyel

Ty for warning, will post around to my guildies/allies :)

Thanks :-) Banning on bots?? Hmm for scammers maybe good idea...but for example i got banned on few bots because i pk somebody...

lol, welcome back n0ser.

You all really really should learn to not assume ownership of a bag. Read the friggin rules.

And Haze/Yetio, it wasn't just PK what you've done, and you know it. Dont come here acting all innocent.

That's what this forum is for? To complain about the "bad doers"?

seen as I had forgotten about that one incident, no it's not about that. You know full well why, and I'm not gonna explain it here.

Anyways, Lexi, sure, this place is to warn, but tendency is that people only read it AFTEr the 'bad guy' started it, so what's the use. There are always people that will still trade, and as you may have noticed, the renegade ninjas in this game really don't need all that much stuff to get by anyways.

Ah, guess I'll stop killing the buzz here.. enjoy your dramaz about people not breaking rules.

I agree, those who are against the bagjumpers shouldn't trade them allowing it to continue :D

So Dilly if you know of someone who pickpockets people (or i suppose someone who follows people around waiting to see if they set anything down and then grab that thing-is more accurate) it is a silly thing to warn people or...? I mean that's not against the rules of life, but it's obviously still a nasty thing to do? I''m not sure why it would bother someone to see a bagjumper reported on forums.. guess i don't understand the argument against it :blink:

Goot,

You can all warn eachother all you like. That doesn't change the fact that it's still not illegal in EL to take a bag that is unattended, even if 3 seconds before, someone was actually still on the bag. What I'm trying to say is that you all should NOT assume that everyone will respect that people want to speed up their harvest/mix projects by working on the spot, and if you want 100% safety, either get smart, or just haul your stuff to storage and mix from there. Once again: nobody 'owns' a bag, it's been said over and over again, so why is it such a shock that every now and then, someone takes a chance and walks off with some free stuff?

Dilly everyone knows all that, and we all know this forum section isn't for claiming people broke game rules... so why do you bother posting this kind of stuff on these threads? :P

Dilly everyone knows all that, and we all know this forum section isn't for claiming people broke game rules... so why do you bother posting this kind of stuff on these threads? :P

it's liek: zomg i had no red cape on and he pulled brod on me zomg ban from bot!!11!. Same stupid risk to take, same stupid outcome.

can't expect to take a risk and to always get away with it.

Now go hug trees.

So, your point is, you don't think a forum section where people can post about non-rule-breaking actions of others that they don't like should exist?

no, i don't think that, i just think it's being used the wrong way. Use it for reporting lurers, or people who have properly scammed you.

That said, people have every right to warn eachother and call for botbans (which are lolz anyways), but they should also be more cautious when taking the risk of working on a bag, and with that, gaining a substantial advantage over people that choose to either mix completely from storage, or who go to less popular places where they can actually do the same but will have to walk 20 seconds longer to storage. You take a risk, one day it goes wrong, don't go whining about it. You've probably already made so much profit by doing the same in the past that you can deal with this loss, no problem.

I'm not so much defending Noser, or any of the other people taking bags this way, as I am trying to get my point across that people have their own responsibility.

Just an example of something I've witnessed more than once in the past years: Who the hell logs off leaving a hyperbag with ingreds and food for 10k steel bars on one of the most obvious spots in melinis cave? And then leaves it there for at least a week? It is stupid and irresponsible and I do not, have never, and will never feel sorry for that bag getting looted.

So in my opinion, people DO have the right to warn eachother, but they should also stop crying murder when one of their hundreds of bags get looted. Don't want the risk, then don't take it.

Edited by Dilly

I still like to know who is going to take stuff out of a bag they didn't make, or run up to me with a BROD without any provocation, or any of those other unpleasant things no matter if they are or are not allowed per game rules. If there was someone who ran around in crowds stomping on people's feet wouldn't you want to know who that person is even if it's not against the law to do that? There is strength in that kind of knowledge.

On this point i agree with Dilly. Afk-harving at a spot for days and then wondering why your bag is gone, hypering half of your sto deep in the woods just for the hell of it, dying from "you hurt yourself"-events although your character has 100+ maxHealth... You are naturally free to take any risk you like, but you have to deal with the outcome yourself. This is called personal responsibility and EL is full of players who seem to not believe in that concept. And those might imho find much more enjoyment in playing Progress Quest.

Now, of course you are also free to warn each other of players who might take advantage of such situations. But if you keep the official disputes subsection of the forums noisy like that by doing so, there is no place left where people could hear about the more severe forms of villainy.

Best regards,

Elgoran.

Edited by Elgoran

At least if were warned who these people are we then when we see them arrirve at the harv spot we have an option to DO something about it eg. Stop harving and mix the contents (you dont tele off a bag when mixing the contents) or even call for a friend to come and bag trade. Hypers should not be left in obvious places and to me make a hyper its your own risk (my comments are more against out and out bagjumpers) It might not be illegal as you say, but, forewarned is forearmed. Thanks to all who warn us we can DO something about it!

Edited by Starlite