Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanyel

Invasion 29.05.2011

Post your opinions and suggestions here, please. It will help with running future invasions :)

~Meh

Rosto stealers, especially in C2 portals - put massive ammounts of things people train on. for me, FCW, add bears, white tigers and hawks to throw them off, and keep it up. alot of people won't notice, and before you know it, boom.

one of the things you did was put like 20 things somewhere, and then stop... that kinda stinks, lol. non-stop getting attacked it what everyone wants. :P

Edited by DeadlyTears

i still prefer single map invasions over portal ones as it means less walking and more fighting

but that was still good fun ty

Aussie timezones PLEASE. We miss 95% of invasions,

ja plx

Edited by Sonny

You did great job Vanyel, thank you very much! :medieval:

First of all I thank for the time settled, was great for Euros faaar enough from midnight to enjoy the invasion well (me almost to the end). No offense on the other time & mods, I know they are trying cover all timezones to have fun.

I started in MM but was waste of time, moved quickly to c2 and was mostly in PV and surrounded maps.

Good groups of monsters like fluff/feros/d-chim/icy combo, or troll/feros/giant, fluff/d-chim, hawk/f-chim, f-chim/m-chim and so on... train level combined with higher and some hard stuff like dragons to avoid or shoot down (I am 100+ fighter).

I know many don't like running and hunting where the invasion monsters are but your system was appropriate. There was always group of monster big enough me or my friends found, to stay there for minutes and keep killing till it was cleared or more people came. And the groups were not far away to have a look at if there is something new behind the corner. Better than sit with 20+ other people for next wave, kill a few and waiting again, hunt is better! :devlish:

Over an hour of monster spawning and still having fun from killing (and running hehe)!!! Not happening often for a/d level like me. Monsters were still spawning, ~500-1.5k monsters all the time :icon13:

No big drops, +1 brick donated (but was worth it this time) and was really enjoyable - thanks and looking forward to next one :icon13:

Post your opinions and suggestions here, please. It will help with running future invasions :)

~Meh

No decent drops :icon4: and this is all your fault :brooding:

PS. JKing :sneaky:

Enjoyed this one a lot more than the one which was supposed to be 100+ and started w/swarms of mountain chims after long delay.

Spent a lot of time picking my spots and engaging, disengaging when something I could not handle caught me. Got one decent drop. something I did not get at all on the series of invasions previous week which resulted in inflation of rostogol prices previous week. Invasions last week were enough to question even bother participating.

Even though I lost a brick it was NOT because someone just threw a mega monster in crowd making it impossible to disengage and move but my own over confidence and because I was actually having fun!

I think the mute button should be used more often since the begging was getting ridiculous on invasion channel. Perhaps some penalty boxes could implemented which would freeze players making them able to SEE invasion but not be able to participate.

Aussie timezones PLEASE. We miss 95% of invasions,

Will try.

Couldn't you make it on saturday? But i think it was a great invasion.

It was made on a whim. Next time I will try on Saturday.

if its the invasion im thinking with 50 a/d for PV and 80 for MM.

that was a blast and was my first invasion since im just shy from 50 a/d

i think the lower lvls should have been capped with a slightly weaker boss.

the only tough monsters was grizzle and black bears and i ran like a lil girl from them.

Disclaimer: The table presented in this post is just my observation/random guessing and is in 90% incorrect.

While running this invasion I had another event in my mind, so I was taking short notes of your channel 6 and this forums notes. Eventually, I've come up with a below posted table. I would love to read you opinions and corrections on it.

creatures.png

easy - you can fight it with your eyes closed and your cat pissing on your keyboard

comfy - you watch if your pissing cat isn't pressing wrong buttons

challenge - you kick your cat from your keyboard, you actually need to stay alert

suicide - you can do it... if you're lucky and no lags interfere

impossible - you let your cat eat your keyboard, no fun in 1-hit dying

<edit> My mistake:

male goblin, skeleton and all sort of gargoyles are easy for 40-60, right?

Edited by Vanyel

I enjoyed the invasion. Had a few 'OMG WTF' moments and lots of fun. Perfect dosis of exploring, fighting and ranging fun for me.

But I don't think you have to remove strong critters in single combat maps. There are people that can solo a Bula and they are great fun for rangers. Might take a while till they get taken care of especially while there still is a bunch of lower mobs around to slay, but everything that's pinnable will get killed eventually.

Was a little sad when you killed my pinned Bula ;) Didn't want you to waste your time waiting there, but usually I would have waited for someone to help me or re-pinned it at a better place.

On the table:

I think you're wrong about the arctic chims. They are stronger than Yeti and Trice and crit high. I'm low 100s a/d and even fully boosted (not only acc/eva but also a/d and attribute pots) it's almost impossible to kill them in one go without fleeing to refill mana. Impossible for anyone below 100. They are the wave that you get in the 100-120 instance if you're unlucky and there you fight them in a team. Would still consider them suicide in that range.

The Sslessar is way off. It's a strong mob and in no way easy for anyone below 80s.

I'm not sure about the penguins, but aren't they training creatures for high 40s/low 50s a/d? Wouldn't consider them easy for 30-40s.

Other than that the table looks good to me if we are talking single combat. For multiple mobs per fighter it needs some more tweaking. Mountain chims for example are fine one at a time, but in multi combat they are suicide for low 100s and impossible for anyone below 90-100.

Same with Naspas. One of them is doable near 100s a/d with some luck and good reactions. 2 or more at a time are a free trip to hell for sure even in the 110s range.

Hope that helps a little :)

Finja

@Vanyel

You probably need 120-140 and 140+ categories.

Red dragon is still impossible to melee at 120+.

I'm pushing 140 a/d and have decent r/i and if i want to melee an RD i still need to sink every combat boost pot in the game (incl. acc/eva), and even then I still need to pay huge amounts of attention and will almost certainly diss multiple times killing it.

BD, ID and Bula are all also in that "impossible" category until 140+ a/d (ID's match your description for "suicide" for all but the absolute top players in game, and even vio or boe or incu etc. doesn't want a lag spike on them).

Based on your descriptions, Naspa should still be marked as 'challenge' for 120+. You only start dodging their hits much at all at like 140 def (depending on stats ofc).

It should probably be marked as "suicide" for 100-120 as to 1vs1 a nasp at that level "you can do it... if you're lucky and no lags interfere" is accurate, it can be done, but most people will be dissing multiple times to kill one.

Consider that when people fight them in 100-120 instance, one person is tanking while others do massive amounts of damage to it very quickly, no one in there can just go 1vs1 them.

The ACW section needs to be shifted right one.

i.e.

It's still impossible for 80-100 to kill one without multiple disses (unless massive crit/mirror luck).

For 100-120 your description of "suicide" is accurate, not "challenge".

For 120+ a/d, "comfy" isn't accurate, should be "challenge". I still sink some cheap boost potions to make them 'comfy' (and as i said i'm almost 140 a/d).

With low level stuff, whether or not a player owns a Cutlass makes a big different on what they can and cannot manage.

There's probably some other stuff too... I don't mean this in a malicious way, but, the whole way you're trying to scale combat difficulty is wrong. You can't split each creature's difficulty into 5 rankings and then apply them to 5 blocks of 20 a/d, it's just not how EL works.

In EL, largely, creatures remain difficult to fight until you get to the a/d/dex/react where u can start hitting and dodging them (not just crit hit/dodge), then fairly quickly across the space of like 10 a/d levels and the OA's that came with them, a creature goes from "pretty hard" to "pretty easy". Many creatures in EL go from what you've described as "suicide" to what you've described as "easy" in the space of 10 or 15 a/d levels, you can't try and apply those difficulty rankings across 5 groups of 20 a/d segments (i.e. across 100 a/d levels).

EDIT: i did just notice that in some places you skipped difficulty ranks, decreasing 2 ranks in difficulty at the next a/d segment... that's good, but that'll be happening a lot to get the chart more accurate.

Edited by Korrode

A big factor is human nexus level and what equipment they have. I have seen low OA levels fully loaded in CoL or RDHoLaM, dragon armor and great swords; I guess they got rich friends. Equipment can make a big difference.

Thanks for your posts. I appreciate it a lot, but I made a single mistake here. I've forgotten to say what I need it for. By no means I tried to make a fighting tutorial or classification. My aim was to create a spreadsheet to help with running invasions :P Just a little detail I've missed ;)

I don't really like portal room invasions (though, there are some positive aspects of sending some mobs in portal room from time to time). Instead I'd rather run some massive, multi-area invasion witch each invasion dedicated to one of the mentioned ranges (Note: I have no clue about fighting, I admit it. Considering it, I decided to follow Korrode's suggestion and added one more range).

You are 100% right, there's a huge difference for single combat and multicombat areas. Gear is not something I'm bothered with. In effect I will probably have to make change the table a bit to make it possible to distinct between SC/MC.

If anybody can use (unfortunately) excel files (*.xlsx) and would feel like helping me with filling the table I would appreciate your help. The source table can be found here: http://dl.dropbox.co.../creatures.xlsx

Edited by Vanyel