Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

WSAD controls? Remapping?

I haven't had a chance to peruse your code yet, so I'm not sure if this would be an easy change or not...First obstacle I see is a chat-trigger so the wsad doesn't go straight to the chatline...It's not a huge thing, but being a veteran of quite a few different MMORPG's, I really miss the movement controls, and at least once a day I have to remove a string of 'a's from my chatline lol. Could you at least consider having a mouse remap option? I'd like to switch my middle- and right-click controls...

-Buzz

I haven't had a chance to peruse your code yet, so I'm not sure if this would be an easy change or not...First obstacle I see is a chat-trigger so the wsad doesn't go straight to the chatline...It's not a huge thing, but being a veteran of quite a few different MMORPG's, I really miss the movement controls, and at least once a day I have to remove a string of 'a's from my chatline lol. Could you at least consider having a mouse remap option? I'd like to switch my middle- and right-click controls...

-Buzz

The server protocol discourages WASD style controls since it sends a "move to this location" command and receiving a new command cancels one currently in progress. It would also be much slower since in EL you are requesting to move to a location and the Client doesn't put you anywhere until the server decides you can move there and what route you will take, making it feel laggy.

I just tend to use CTRL-click to move where I want when I want myself.

The server protocol discourages WASD style controls since it sends a "move to this location" command and receiving a new command cancels one currently in progress. It would also be much slower since in EL you are requesting to move to a location and the Client doesn't put you anywhere until the server decides you can move there and what route you will take, making it feel laggy.

I just tend to use CTRL-click to move where I want when I want myself.

I had figured that was the case from playing the game a while. I had noticed some of that lag myself in the past couple days. Just wanted to see if your code made it possible...

What about button remapping?

-Buzz

There are no controls available for move left/right, the closest is turn left/right followed by move forward (two separate keys), which again would be slow.

There are no controls available for move left/right, the closest is turn left/right followed by move forward (two separate keys), which again would be slow.

I think you misunderstood me. I wondered if there was options added for switching (remapping) mouse buttons. I would be more comfortable with right-mouse camera control, and middle-mouse cursor changing...

-Buzz

Haven't looked at the .ini yet, I'll check that out. Thanks for the tip...

Edit: Didn't find anything, but I did find some useful, and heretofore unknown, video settings :)

Edited by Buzz