Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AitorTillas

Banned for Macroring?

Hi Radu,

I normaly dont check for the harv events. As u can see in the logs, i get to the screen when i can, what normaly means from 0 to 4 times an hour. When i look at the screen, normaly im full (since a long time), or i have gotten an event (also since long). My normal action is to look at the remaining emu i have (map view, under in the brown bar), and if im full i go to sto, if not i change to normal view and start harving again.

For the second point, i agree totaly. I remember aprox where i was teleported, and is south west of the toads. Can't say if the distance was much longer than a normal teleport nexus, but i can say i didnt notice anything special, for this reason i didnt pay attention.

Again, Thx a lot for the time you are investing, and the time Mods/programmers take with that.

AitorTillas

Hi, not sure if this helps, but Aitor definitely saw me on screen and greeted me while harving with me at the toadies before leaving work and going home, - and at that time i was there only for a single load!! - my logs say it was on May 25th at 19:15

As for testing if someone macroes- mod should tele them to the underworld!.. any non-macroer will sure get a shock and check out things fast

Edited by aredhel

I actually play a lot like he does (with out the program he mentions). Since I afk a lot, I do a lot like he does, the map window is opened a lot, the storage window is also. If I hit a tele nexus, I also just map walk back to the toads, click console 2 times fast (for game view), click the harvestable, and go back to map view, a lot of times I don't even pay attention to the chat unless I am curious, but if I am in a rush, I too, would not know if I was teleported by a mod or just a normal tele port and I normally don't even look where I have been teleported from. Normally, if you're not full after returning from afk, you know it was a harvest event, so yah.

I guess it really just depends HOW far from the toads the mod teled him from, I usually look to see if I have been teled or just a hp damage event.

I also withdrawal from storage like he does a few times (not often though), normally if I afk harvest, I don't bother with the food. I can actually see him playing, just from my own playing method when I am afk.

I am not saying he DIDN'T macro, but I just figured I would let you all know that I play very similarly when I am afk. :)

Maybe the mod pms should come in a popup message so they can't be ignored? :confused: Then there's no way to say you missed them.

Good idea, Bluap implemented it, and will be available in the next RC.

Anyway, I could not get in contact with Aislinn or WolfWitch, so I unbanned you FOR THE TIME BEING. If I talk to them and they tell me you were teleported at the other end of the map, or give me additional hints that you were macroing, I will ban you again.

Meanwhile, I will highly suggest you to check your console messages every once in a while...

Anyway, I could not get in contact with Aislinn or WolfWitch, so I unbanned you FOR THE TIME BEING. If I talk to them and they tell me you were teleported at the other end of the map, or give me additional hints that you were macroing, I will ban you again.

Meanwhile, I will highly suggest you to check your console messages every once in a while...

Hi Radu,

Thanks a lot for the confidance you showed. Im sure you wont get any more problems because of me. I have learned my lesson, and will have a look at the console allways i can.

I would like also make a post in the suggestion section, about some thoughts i got to prevent another case of this.

Anyway, thanks to you, and thanks to all the people who got involved into this. Is a good job the one you do.

See u all in game :)

AitorTillas

I find it incredible that you claim you can't see chat, your view in regular game mode by your own words is so bad and small you can't see much of anything, and by your own words again, you are mostly in tab map view.

Can you please explain to me how this is "fun"?

BEST case scenario I see here is you are at work (bet your employer will have an opinion of playing for fun while at work), gathering resources while totally "not playing" so you have a head start when you actually ARE at your computer.

So hypothetically, for the sake of argument, if you obviously aren't even paying attention to your little VNC screen anyway, how would we be ruining your fun if we told you that you couldn't "play" this way anymore?

Dear Aislinn,

sorry to answere a bit in bad words, but i think you are taking this case personaly.

What i consider fun, should be a think only me affects, and i think i have the freedom to choose where and how do i want to invest my time. The deal i have with my employer is actualy another thing i dont think is of your convinience.

The point here is that i think i proved i have not used any kind of bot or macro. I have not broken any rule, and i dont know then why should i get banned.

As i sayed in previous post but, i have no problems explaining my actions, so here is the explanation to your questions:

One of the hard parts of EL is that you have to spend a lot of time harving ressources, or mixing essies. Everyone can say that. That is not specialy fun, is just a part you do, to be able to access to the funnier parts of the game. When i harv resources or mix essences, i try to do it while i do something else (watch a movie, or in this case while im at work).

I work as a programmer for a Company in germany. There is the undestanding that every worker needs some time in a while to keep his mind out of the work. This company offers the option to play billar or mini football (dont know how to translate this better), and my persoal choice is to have a VNC open, and once in a while do something there. I have not told them, but i do my work in time, and i got no complainings about it.

Im sorry to see after many other players have posted they do something similar, you are stil "angry" with my actions. I think Radu also managed to check the logs, and has seen no prooves of a bot or macro

I hope i can prove you with my future actions, and future behabior that i have never intedet to cause problemes, its just like i play this game maybe in a different way you undestand the fun of it.

Thx again for you time and patience, and hope to be able to chat with you in game.

AitorTillas

Sorry Aislinn, you are right.

I get the benefit of the doubt. I hope it will turn into a complete trust when radu manages to meet you and wolfwitch.

Thx again for your time, and the same for the rest of the mods

AitorTillas

I've talked to Aislinn and Wolfwitch, and I am still a 'bit' undecided about the truth. There were lots of messages sent to you and you should have seen at least some when you switch to the main view in order to harvest. And we are talking about a long time period here, over 45 minutes. In fact, you were reported by someone else who seen you acting as though you were macroing. But it is also possible that you are telling the truth.

Anyway, I will probably never know the truth, only you and God knows what happened, but for this time I am going to let it pass. My main reason for that is that if you lied, you at least put some thought into those lies, which is very rare :D

Hi Again,

sorry it took me so long to answere here, but busy in RL, not played much last week

I just wanted to thank to all the people who contributed to this issue. The job of keeping the rules is not easy, and mostly is not greatfull. In this way, want to specialy thank Aislinn, Wolfwitch and all other who keep working to keep the rules from the game.

I want also here to thank Radu, for taking the time to try to undestand my explanations, and for beeing able to undestand that all was a misundestanding.

Of course, thank to all the people who wrote here in the forum, or in pms, or in guild forum. Im sure every single post has helped me to clear this issue.

THX A LOT TO ALL!!, and hope to see u in game soon

AitorTillas