Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AitorTillas

Banned for Macroring?

Hi,

i just got banned by macriring, and i sinceraly dont know why.

Since about 1 week, i have started playing also from the work. What i do is i connect via VNC to my laptop at home, and i do trips from VOTD toads to Sto.

To do it i have a Harving med on. As normal, i do not see any PMs, and i cant answere any questions in game. It may look im macroring, but i promise im not.

What kind of prove can i send u? For starters here is a screenshot of my work PC, with the connection im talking.

http://www.image-share.eu/share/334355-screen.png

Is real that i harv a lot AFK, but i have NEVER NEVER used a macrorring sistem, or tryed to install one.

TYVM

AitorTillas

Edit: Checked my local Log, and i have seen many messages saying: You cant Access the storage from here.

That happends to me a lot, because over a VNC connection agains a 6MB ADSL connection is not realy fast, and i do mostly map walk, and sto all button. I hope that is the thing that make u think i use macorring, but realy im not.

If u want, i can send u in 5 mins the Ip from my home, and u can try yourself what im doing, and why come this messages.

Edited by AitorTillas

Well curious how you could see you were locked without trying to log in, and yet couldn't see the countless red messages multiple mods sent you or that you were teleported around.

And yet you consistently went back to storage without doing anything, and consistently tried to harvest without getting anything.

To see i have been locked, is with the VNC Connection, same way i play. Why i cant see the red messages, is because i go to the vnc window once in a while, when i can, not regulary, and i dont read the texts.

As far as i know, i have not gone to sto doing anything. I harv toads with my harv med, full load allways (but last time, when i leaved went with 78 emu left).

I can send u the screenshot again, from the Pc of my work, with the VNC Viewer open and the Message from EL saying i have been booted.

Also i wrote to the Ban section a

As far as i know, i dong to go to sto empty. What sometimes happends is that i click more than once to the Sto ALL button when i go to sto, but dont think that is considered go to sto empty.

Im thinking what other prooves can i give u. Maybe the most easy one is to chech how im suposo to be macrorring. If i had a system that does the work for me alone, it wont stay for 2 hours doing anithing (check it, i had yesterday a full day meeting), and some times doing a lot (when i have a easy work in front of me)

Second point, is: this system should not work more at nights than during the day? U can chech that during the week at night time in Europe, my char sits somewhere and does nothing.

All the red messages u say i got, i have not seen then. Check the screen i post, u will see the size of the VNC Window i pay with. This messages where allways send uduring the day, when i do this AFK Harving from work. At afternoons, when im home, i sit in from of my computer and can answere all the pms or messages.

One of the things i liek from EL is that you can play quite a lot while doing other things (Watching movies, Work, etc).

You can see i have posted one bug in the Harv efects, that i noticed because i change my ip very oft while moving films and harv AFK.

On December i aslo asked why i couldnt connect from work directly to EL, because i got an extrange error. The way i found to make that was installing a VNC Server at my laptop at home, and use a VNC Client to harv from the work.

I seend u the Screen with my monitors at work. The program u will see in the VNC Viewer is the EL-Inform, a program devoloped from Groomsh with the aproval or Radu.

334356-screen-th.png

Thx

AitorTillas

Just a quick comment:

I cannot view any of the pictures you have posted, instead I get spammed with advertisements.

The video requires a membership, also not going to happen :P

just an FYI

Just a quick comment:

I cannot view any of the pictures you have posted, instead I get spammed with advertisements.

The video requires a membership, also not going to happen :P

just an FYI

Thx Maxine.

Going to upload them into another place.

Screen: http://subefotos.com/ver/?fcdaeba202c33042981e71787199848bo.png

Video:

Edited by AitorTillas

Dunno if you want to cover up some of the email details in the screenshot? Just a heads up, ignore if it doesn't matter :P

Hi Again,

sry to bother with more info, but yesterday evening when i came home i came up with the idea to record a video with the normal process i use to harv AFK when im at work. Here the Video, connected with the Test Server:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGDfczJiIY

I think my best defense, with the all i have explained, is the fact that if u program a macro, u need a kind of regularity. I mean, that u need to program that every X time do an Action or something like that.

As u can see in the logs u have in the server, i have no regularity in ANY WAY, because it was me playing when i could from the work.

I Dont undestand the sentense from Aislin:

And yet you consistently went back to storage without doing anything, and consistently tried to harvest without getting anything.

Aislinn, if u need to, i can give u the access to my VNC server, and u can check what im saying.

I have been playing this game for about 3 Years. I have enjoyed the game, played a lot, and i think i have earned a "good" reputation. Many of the Mods know me, because i have allways been very carefull with the rules. When i had some doubts i asked BEFORE i did any action (ask Cordor, Usl, ...). This time i didnt ask because i didnt came to the idea that harving afk with a VNC connection could cause problems to any one.

Sinceraly im sorry for the time everyone is here investing, but as far as i know i have not broken any rule. I like a lot to be AFK, i normaly do 2 or 3 things at the same time i play EL, and this is one of the reasons i like this game. U can progress at the same time u do other things.

I hope that all ends in a missundestanding, and i can continue playing el as a normal player

Edit: The video is too long for Youtube. Ill cut it and replace it tomorrow. I Upload a copie of it for the time been in megaupload (u can download it free, just need to wait 45 seconds)

Video: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QLPK5YDD

Edited by AitorTillas

The VNC isn't the issue at the moment.

The fact your character was active and you weren't there is the issue.

You would go to storage but not interact with the npc. You did not drop your toadstools nor did you deposit them. You were harvesting, or attempting to, even from locations that did not have a harvestable within reach. Your character was harvesting even after you would have been full from the amount of time you were there and the fact you were continually harvesting.

There is no way, if you could see well enough to come back to the exact place and get to storage and see a teleport nexus, that you would NOT have seen the massive amounts of pm's (both regular and the red mod pm's) and the messages that you were teleported by a mod. If nothing else, you would have noticed you were NOT getting anything in your inventory.

There is no way you were present at that time while your character was active.

This has nothing to do with the VNC you keep talking about.

Dear Aislinn,

Sry if i have been speaking too much about the VNC connection, but that was to explain and show you how did my harving afk work.

So far, i undestood i was banned because u thought i had a macro, and for this reason i didnt answere the pms. I Tryed to explain u with the VNC connection that i was realy not in front of my pc, i was controlling it remote from the PC from the work.

Why do i dont see the PMs? Red or not red? As i tryed to show in the videos i posted, i have 95% of the time the map window open. In this view u dont see any pms. I only switch to the normal view, when im at toads, just to start harving.

About the fact that i do not interact with the NPC, that is truth. It is actualy a Feature of the Game. If u leave the Sto window open afeter talking to the npc, and then go harv (allways with the Sto windows open), u can come back using the map view, stay near the NPC, press STO ALL, and then go back to the harving spot. In this way, i dont have to swap the view, i dont have to click the npc, thing that is a lot easyer if u are controlling the computer remotly. I dont know if that affects the logs u get

About the fact that u say i was depositing nothing, or harving from spots where is nothing to harv, i would plz ask u again to check the logs. I repeat here agian, that it was ME who controlled my char, not any kind of macro. Plz chech that the ammount of Toads at my sto it has increased on every one of my trips to there, and i have harved allways from the same spot. I NEVER gone to sto with emtpy sto and went back to harv.

I repeat again, i have NEVER used any Macro or something that plays automatic for me. I have been playing for 3-4 years, growing my char slow with patience. In the last time i harved a lot AFK from the work, and i didnt answere pms, but please, let me have at least the benefit of the doubt. I only ask for the chance to prove that i have not used any macro. I can answere any of the questions you ask, because i have done it all manualy.

As far as i know, you think i had a macro for 2 reasons.

- The first is i didnt answere PM. That is truth, i didnt do it, and i think i have explained why i dont see them. While im at work, i spend 95% of the time with the window map open

- The second one is that i didnt interact with the npc, and i went to sto to deposit 0 quantities of Toads(or any other harveastable). I explained that u dont have to interact with the npc to deposit stuff to sto, and i please ask u to check again this 0 Deposit quantities. Im sure i had something (full load allways but last time) in the inv, and i deposit it to the sto.

Thx a lot for the time you are investing here, and hope again that everything finishes as a missundestanding.

AitorTillas

Edit: spelling

Edited by AitorTillas

I've been following this thread since it's been created so I want to tell some of my opinions. (I want to explain some stuff to be constructive, if it doesn't sound so, feel free to delete this post.)

From what I've seen, you had ALOT of RED mod PM's and you kept harvesting and walking between storage and harvestable. You have been teleported to other locations by mod. "IF" you weren't afk, there is NO CHANCE that you wouldn't see all those warnings, and movements.

If you macro'ed, just admit the fact that and say sorry. This will also make mods believe in you that you won't do again and you will be locked just for 1 month with possibly some storage wipe.

But denying that you macro'ed which is pretty obvious, will get you in worse situations, even maybe to be banned for good.

As I've said, if you macro'ed, just admit that you did it. And mods will appreciate the goodwill of you.

Just my 2 cents;

-Kaddy

About the fact that i do not interact with the NPC, that is truth. It is actualy a Feature of the Game. If u leave the Sto window open afeter talking to the npc, and then go harv (allways with the Sto windows open), u can come back using the map view, stay near the NPC, press STO ALL, and then go back to the harving spot. In this way, i dont have to swap the view, i dont have to click the npc, thing that is a lot easyer if u are controlling the computer remotly. I dont know if that affects the logs u get

Edit: spelling

I think this might be your problem Aitor. You do have to reopen storage to deposit materials. You can't just leave the storage open and hit STO ALL. I have tried that in previous times and it does not work.. (if you know how to get it to work, I would like to know :)).

I think this might be your problem Aitor. You do have to reopen storage to deposit materials. You can't just leave the storage open and hit STO ALL. I have tried that in previous times and it does not work.. (if you know how to get it to work, I would like to know :)).

It works. I harvest with opened storage most of the time (if i harvest something that is on a map with storage NPC outside - like for example cotton in PV). You have to stay on the same map tho (storage window is closed on a map change).

Guys, this is a Bans section of forums. It would be best if you take all your good hints to some other section and leave this one to people involved.

Hi Again,

First of all i want to thank all the people who posted in this forum, or sended pm sending ideas and explaining some of the issues they had in game with the same situation (map view, pm they didnt see, etc). I have asked all who sended PM to post they expiriences here in the bans section. I hope that doesent cause troubles.

I will reply to Kaddy, because is the one who spoke to me directly:

In my life (Real life and El life) i have done some mistakes, and i have been allways ready to face them and take the consequences. One example can be found in this post, also from the ban section:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54426&st=0&p=544409&hl=aitortillas&fromsearch=1entry544409

The issue this time is that i have not done anything wrong, and my point is im trying to prove it. I would not have any problem to admit i did something wrong, if i knew i had broken any rule. Keep in mind please, that the messages u get scroll up in the normal window (if open), and they are specialy difficult to read if u are in a remote connection (i know that is my problem). I have also proved among the years that i like the game, i like the way is programmed, and i like the actual rules in it.

With all this discusion i dont wanna say that the work from the mods is bad, or they are doing it in the wrong way. My point is just that what they percive in this case as a use of a macro, is it not.

I belibe that many of the mods or people involved in this game, are a programmers they selfs. Im also one. If you program any kind of macro or bot to do a job, u expect to have a certain regularity, and work all the time is possible. As far as i know, this bot sould also have to be tested, and some errors would show up

Because i have been doing it manualy, is not possible that my actions have any kind of regularity, and i repeat, i have only done this ignore messages issue while i was at work (10-19PM) europe time. If you program a bot, shouldnt it run in the night mostly? while u sleep?. I have also not connected to the test server since a realy long time, and i have not run any kind of tests in the main server.

Is is so hard to belibe that u can harv AFK with 95% of the time with the map window open, and for this reason skip pm, red messages and actualy everything that happends in the normal view? When u are in the map view, there are not any conversation shown. I think i allready explained why i had the map view 95% of the time open.

Again i repeat, im totaly sure i have not done anything wrong, have not broken any rule. I realy hope that ends as the missundestanding it is.

Thx all, Mods and no Mods

AitorTillas

Time ago bevore mini events i also used vnc from work to harvest toady's in votd,

to get the gc for buying my a/p pots. I can confirm wat aitortillas is saying about 95% afk harving!

Most of the time you are on map view using open storage to swap ingr. using map pointers for walking back

so you end up at the same spot again and again . becouse of crappy vnc and most time on map view

you cant keep track on any pm's. This way i harvest lots of toady's with minimal actual playing time.

After some time you get pr0 at it. So you aren't focused anymore on the game.

So please look good at what happend!

:bow_arrow:

Missing pm's is not the only problem.

Various things were said to him and done to him that no matter which screen he had up: map, console, or regular game screen, he would have noticed something not right.

He walked to storage and did nothing. No deposit, no drop, nothing. We followed him and tracked his actions. Not once did he acknowledge anything, not teleporting, not talking, and we talked a lot, not even apparently missing storage completely.

I get what you all are saying about afk, but there IS a limit to how much you can miss while still having an active character. At some point you DO have to look at the screen if you are there, agreed? To start harvesting, to click on the dot on the map, to click on whatever in your inventory to put it in storage, to click on the storage window to take something out if that is the case, to click back at the x to get back to your harvestable...

Again, there is no way he could have completely missed people talking to him or him being in a totally different spot after being teleported, or noticing he had nothing in his inventory when he went to storage to deposit... He HAD to have been looking at the screen at least some of the times at key times he would have HAD to have noticed odd things.

All this VNC stuff is only a small part of the problem.

He is so full of shit that I am going to delete his character, no more chances.

Thu May 26 03:04:13 2011 AitorTillas deposited 1 Pickaxe

Thu May 26 03:04:23 2011 AitorTillas withdrew 1 Pickaxe

Thu May 26 03:04:23 2011 AitorTillas withdrew 1 Pickaxe

Thu May 26 03:48:15 2011 AitorTillas withdrew 1 Pickaxe

Thu May 26 03:48:18 2011 AitorTillas deposited 1 Pickaxe

Thu May 26 03:48:21 2011 AitorTillas withdrew 1 Pickaxe

Thu May 26 02:27:33 2011 AitorTillas withdrew 20 Fruits

Thu May 26 02:47:18 2011 AitorTillas deposited 13 Fruits

Thu May 26 02:47:27 2011 AitorTillas withdrew 1 Fruits

Thu May 26 02:47:28 2011 AitorTillas withdrew 1 Fruits

Thu May 26 02:47:29 2011 AitorTillas withdrew 1 Fruits

Thu May 26 02:48:39 2011 AitorTillas deposited 1 Fruits

All those actions make no sense if you are actually at the keyboard. Especially if through a VNC, which makes clicks pretty slow, so you would not want to do a lot of inefficient actions. They only make sense if you use some mouse based macroing, and you don't know the exact quantity of something you have.

By itself would probably not be enough proof for macroing, but coupled with the other things, like missed PMs, doing actions when mods were PMing you and not responding, weird behaviour at storage, etc. this is 100% proof of macroing. I have no idea what the VNC has to do with it.

It also took you quite a while (many hours) until you tried to log in again. If you are at the keyboard (even though VNC) this usually doesn't happen, as people try to check and see if they are still banned or not. You didn't check for many hours.

Dear Radu,

Correct me if im wrong, but for the times of the logs, it has happend aprox at 9 AM here in europe, so just before i have gone to wokr, so here i can say u there is non VNC conection involved, or anything in this way. That was just me playing

If i recall correctly this is the trace of the Blue Quartz mining, in nordcarn. This logs are from the day before i was banned, and it happend in nc sto no?

If im correct also, i have maybe harved 1 bruch of blue quartz, maybe 2. The first log is from the time i woke up, the res is for the time that i spend home b4 going to work. On that day i harved aprox 3K or 4K blue quartz.

The explanation of the 2 first brunches is easy. You have 2 features on the game, one is called Deposit all. When u click it, if u have forgoten to put the picks in the last row, they are deposited with your full sto.

The second feature, the list item. I have many list which have 1 pick in the list. Too go back to the quartz, I click on it 2 or 3 times, depending on how many i want to take with me, and normaly i try to put them in the last row.

The third trace; i dont see anything special about it. Im power hungry, so i take 20 fruits, eat some of them, and then i prepare to go harving. So i deposit all, take some to eat while harving, then i realise i took one too much (how can a macro do that?), and i deposit one.

Realy, im totaly surprised of the interpretation you are guys doing of the logs. Do u realy belibe that a macro produces such a inconsistent logs? A macro is a program, does not make mistakes, doesent change his mind. If it has to take 2 picks, takes 2, does not think twice if 2 or 3 is the correct ammount to take with the current astro, that the char has enought to get a full load, but the minimum possible

The next point, with me logging in.... Radu, i posted about my ban i think in the first 10 minutes after i got banned. Again, how did i do that if it was a macro?

I dont know if i tryed to log on from work or not, if u say i didnt, it will be. I know i checked it again when i was home, after work

To make a little reply to Aislin: Aislin, the fact that i missed all the talk is it. Im sorry, but didnt realy pay attention to the chat. The only think i can't belibe in, is that my sto was empty. If i recall correctly, and you speak about the time i went to sto after beeing teleported (only ocurred once), i had 78 EMU free (from 960), but the rest was full of Toads. I allready told that i didnt thought it was worth it to go back to the spot for 39 toads, so i went directly to sto

Thx again for the time invested here

AitorTillas

Edited by AitorTillas

Ok, I confirm that you posted here soon after you were banned.

But I have a few questions.

1. Why does it make a difference that use use a VNC or not? I mean, yeah it is slower, but other than that it is the same thing, no?

2. Why would you have the MAP window open most of the time, instead of the CONSOLE window? The console window lets you see harvest related messages, such as you stopped harvesting, you got damage, etc.

3. After you got teleported around, you did not react to that. WolfWitch is not on at the moment, but I want to talk to her and see how far she teleported you. If she teleported you further than a teleport nexus range, I would find it extremely suspicious that you did not go to the console mode to see WTF happened. Coincidentally, this is also the time when you went to the storage with a not full inventory. So explain this too.

Hi Radu,

Thx for replying so fast.

The difference using a VNC connection or not, is how is the game refreshed if u are playing remote. If u have the chance to see any of the videos i have posted, you will see that takes aprox 1-2 seconds to get a full refresh of the screen.

Using the feature that u can keep the sto window open and dont have to talk to the npc to deposit any stuff, you can keep the map window open (where your inv and the sto are stil visible), map walk to a spot near NPC, deposit all, and go back to the toads, all this without even having to switch views (what is slow).

The console window is not recomendable if you play remote. Too much information, too much refresh. I have also to say that i play in a very very reduced window, but this is my own problem (i do it at work)

I think u dont need to ask Wolfwitch where did she teleport me. More than probably was be far enought (from my point of view but, allways in range of a teleport nexus). I know i was near the toads, a bit south west of them, not so far that i could have reached the poison ivy). The fact i didnt react inmediatly (i think), is because i have not the VNC-EL window 100% of the time open. It is minimized on my desktop, and i open it for 5-10 secs, do 2-3 clicks, and minimize again. I didnt check what harving event i got, because at that point it doesent realy matter. When i do this remote AFK i use allways a harv med, and if i stop harving i know is because of a harv event. Is very reare that i have HP issues (170 nacked), and for this reason i dont check the console window.

The only event that i realy saw fast was the ban event, because that happends in every window. If im allowed to propouse a little improve, why this mod teleports dont teleport you to another map? or realy realy far away in the same map (say other side of it). When i got mine, i didnt notice anything extrange, so i just kept doing normal. If i see that the map has changed, or that im in a very different spot, i can be sure it was not a normal teleport nexus, so i will check my console or contact the mods inmediatly.

The point i went to sto not with full load, is that i had to map walk again to spot, change view to normal, harv, and then switch again, just for a load of 39 toads (or a few at least). I thought it was not worth it.

You can see but, that i have had other events. Maybe not that day (cant exactly remember), but for sure the day b4 on the blue quartz. I have responded to the events how is suposed a human will do.

All other times i have gone to the sto with FULL inv, a think which is complicated with a macro (i think is doable but). You have now access to the full logs, plz verify again that is not possible that i have been using a macro.

There is one think i can promisse if im allowed to play again. I will try to keep plying the way i do, because is the way it makes fun for me. That means a lot of AFK play, etc (unless im explicit told dont not to do it) I Have got some PMs about improvements i can make on my client to keep trace of the PMs i get while AFK, so i dont miss messages again. My promise is then, that i will do my best to catch all the messages i get, and try to reply to them as soon as possible.

Edit: Added some extra info in some points

Thx again

AitorTillas

Edited by AitorTillas

Ok, but:

1. You said you sometimes check for harvest events, to see if you were stopped. But this would also mean you see the countless mod PMs in the console, no? Otherwise you wouldn't know when to restart again.

2. If WolfWitch teleported you close to the harvesting location, your small screen excuse would be plausible. But if she teleported you far far away, then it wouldn't. And I have to ask her for more details.