Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sithis

Respawn(ing)

Well what i would like to see is some changes made for pk maps, especially KF...

One idea is when you die in KF instead of respawning at underworld , would be nice to respawn (as i see it ) at one of the forts... that could give the time to hunt down your killer, and continue the fight ....

Well what do u think :P

There is a perk that allows you to use teleport spells and rings in the underworld (The Underworlder, 2PP + 20k gc).

So the PKers that want it, already have a way to go back fast to KF after being killed, and there's no need to make special respawning code for a single map.

Also, with the Underworlder perk, the costs are for the ones wanting the feature, not for the ones that don't want/need it.

Players that don't want the feature could be harvesters on quest that gets killed (and can be kept in KF until he uses rings and/or tele spell, costing him), or new players that wander in and can't get out until the PKers let them leave. This is made worse by the forts being PK as well, so no safe area.

And no, I'm not a PKer...

There is a perk that allows you to use teleport spells and rings in the underworld (The Underworlder, 2PP + 20k gc).

So the PKers that want it, already have a way to go back fast to KF after being killed, and there's no need to make special respawning code for a single map.

Also, with the Underworlder perk, the costs are for the ones wanting the feature, not for the ones that don't want/need it.

Players that don't want the feature could be harvesters on quest that gets killed (and can be kept in KF until he uses rings and/or tele spell, costing him), or new players that wander in and can't get out until the PKers let them leave. This is made worse by the forts being PK as well, so no safe area.

And no, I'm not a PKer...

There is a 5-10 sec safe time (depending on your level) when u enter KF (normaly or from tele room) before u can get attacked, so u can get out of the map safely and not get hurt by pkers. I really dont want to discuss the "cost" of essence to ttpr.

Also about harvesters that get the quest for KF? Well how often does it happen, 1-2 times per month? and the exp is quite good iirc. It is designed for that reason i guess... high danger, higher exp reward.

About underworlder perk, yes i am aware of it, i am also aware that pkers don´t spend pps on things they consider useless ( this perk is good only if u have HS perk, and not all of us have it or going to get it for travelling faster back).

What i am trying to say is give some speed to pk, and time to revenge your kill...

There is a 5-10 sec safe time (depending on your level) when u enter KF (normaly or from tele room) before u can get attacked, so u can get out of the map safely and not get hurt by pkers. I really dont want to discuss the "cost" of essence to ttpr.

Also about harvesters that get the quest for KF? Well how often does it happen, 1-2 times per month? and the exp is quite good iirc. It is designed for that reason i guess... high danger, higher exp reward.

About underworlder perk, yes i am aware of it, i am also aware that pkers don´t spend pps on things they consider useless ( this perk is good only if u have HS perk, and not all of us have it or going to get it for travelling faster back).

What i am trying to say is give some speed to pk, and time to revenge your kill...

Agreed, cost of essies isn't important. And yes, you get 5-10s 'free', although part of that time is useless as the client is busy loading maps etc.

I guess what I really don't like about this suggestion (as with others), is that it proposes a change that profits a relatively small group (I'm not even sure all PKers would like it, but that's for them to say) with no cost to them, and with costs (even though small) to potentially every one else. The more so since there is a way in game to get what you want (even though you/pkers consider it too expensive/useless).

Also, at the moment the system is such, that wherever you die, you end up on a safe, known map (esp. on C1). I'm really not convinced that changing that is a good idea.

(I noticed you didn't say anything about new players, who can't tele out and might not yet know about rings... They might get fed up pretty soon when they can't get out of a dangerous map)

I would get pissed if I was harvesting for Xaquelina in KF and some bastard kept killing me, running to the fort I spawned at and killing me again. This suggestion would make that possible. Those that killed Scotty would have even more of a chance of getting continuously killed like that.

A potion of respawn/resurrection with 1K+ gc worth of ingreds and a restriction where you can only drink it in the underworld (to return to your previous map) would make more sense to me. That would be useful for more than just fighters. The reason for a cost over 1K...it would compete with the rostogal stone and the underworlder perk. Considering that, 3K might be acceptable. It would probably spawn you at the portals room exit or the ring exit.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Those that killed Scotty would have even more of a chance of getting continuously killed like that.

Can't beam in KF so doesn't make a difference really.

Like the idea but like nathan said, it has room for error. The idea of a potion or stone that allows this feature to work would be pretty awesome though

Plus a death occurring in occasional invasion which occurs in KF would also put you right back into invasion! No this is designed for a very small subset of players who do not want to spend points on PP and want to not to be interrupted.

A solution is a shop only item which is used up when you die - a respawner. It could also restore you and put you exactly where you were providing an infinite amount of $$ to shop. A rostogol ++ with equivalent cost like a glowing sword.

If you don't have any TPtPR essies or a TP ring with you in there you'd be fucked bouncing around amongst the "uber" PKers that could fight eatch other instead but chose to go for the easy target that stands no chance against them..

It is a good idea but in this form it has too many flaws, maby a new Perk idea for those that would like this idea?

I say if you die in PK, your body should lay there, like a dead mob for 2~5 secs, then you spawn in hell

fair idea but there's hardly enough PK deaths everyday to justify putting it in

need more ideas for increasing PK numbers first

Edited by Sonny