Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rhapsodist

<insert creative name here> stone

PK in KF has obviously stagnated, and Total War has a lot of potential to take PK the next step further and create a bit more interest in PK after 7-8 years. AFAIK only PkG and DiE! used Total War extensively and I remember everyone enjoyed watching them fight it out at VotD. It's a shame Total War hasn't been fined tuned and tweeked further - expensive rostogol stones and getting no drops from frags being two key issues.

When you are killed in Total War and have this stone in your inventory, you lose all the items in your inventory EXCEPT the items you have in your Equipment slots, so as to actually give drops after fragging someone (Come on, we all miss getting drops!). Besides the occasional armor breaks you run no risk of dropping your hard earned dragon armor, NMT capes, etc.

You can only lose this in your inventory when you are killed in Total War by a Total War opponent at night. For example, if you are killed in normal combat by a grizzly bear this stone will not work and you will drop as usual if you do not have a rostogol in your inventory.

Can be found while mining like the rostogol stone.

Like the rostogol stone, maybe they can be bought from the shop for example maybe 50c each (~5kgc in-game I think), but can probably be bought only in minimum bundles of 20 or 40 (?); I'm sorry if I've overstepped by actually suggesting shop prices but the point is to make them cheap to encourage use.

Personally, I would love the idea of being able to hunt down opponents all over Draia using scouts, informants, and then developing strategies to get the frags (and if frags are to be shown in PK Central I think guild tags of the fragger and fragged should be shown as well).

Thoughts?

Edited by Sonny

Well nice idea but :

What happends if you are killed by summoned monsters ,u lose items?

ps : Even tho i dont think we are not gonna see any real pk action unless someone organises an event and there u can see some participation. Imho radu should consider making an official pk guild event every week

Well nice idea but :

What happends if you are killed by summoned monsters ,u lose items?

ps : Even tho i dont think we are not gonna see any real pk action unless someone organises an event and there u can see some participation. Imho radu should consider making an official pk guild event every week

If they are summoned by someone in the guild you are at war with the stone I think should work, otherwise... :P

Ranging is another story, maybe getting killed by ranged weapons shouldn't make you lose the stone or items because it's so easy to get teamed by them(?). But then again there are point defenses in-game.

Imagine if all the top fighters banded into one guild, you'd need some means other than melee to beat them.

Edited by Sonny

Sounds like a lot of implementing for a feature that is not likely to be used much.

I'd rather see the TTW tweaked a bit. Imo ttw problem has been the fact that you can be stripped from your belongings quite easily, especially now with big changes that followed attribute caps. Smaller non-PK guilds don't dare to use the ttw, because it can be abused quite easily (imo).

The way we could get ppl to use TTW could be by having a command #challenge_TAG2. TAG2 gets a notification they have been challenged (and with some info on members that are in guild), and they reply #challenge_accept_TAG1. All online in guild at the challenge moment get a total war status and can fight. When you die, you lose the TTW status. Winner is the one who manages to wipe out opposing guild members. Also have a time limit of 1 hour, if the time runs out you count frags and the winner is announced.

It does sound a bit like the PVP instance that has been talked about ;) . It's quite clear that two guilds would just go to KF and have fun in a no drop environment (there will probably be meanies harassing them, but it is PK).

Sounds like a lot of implementing for a feature that is not likely to be used much.

I'd rather see the TTW tweaked a bit. Imo ttw problem has been the fact that you can be stripped from your belongings quite easily, especially now with big changes that followed attribute caps. Smaller non-PK guilds don't dare to use the ttw, because it can be abused quite easily (imo).

I think there is good balance from keeping all your armor only losing your supplies (HE, SRs, etc.) with this stone. I think radu said in his blog he wanted a bit more integration between the game and the website so maybe displaying a ladder with participating guilds and their total frags every month could be an idea. The guild with most frags every month gets some kind of reward.

Anyway, it really is time to move PK out of just one map or arenas. It's just boring and there's no incentive to go in KF anymore.

EDIT Another option is to make TW no drop, but that's probably impossible or requires a lot of work.

Edited by Sonny

Total war has mazzive potential, but it needs to be easier to start a war, to many peoples are afraid of PK and a massive part has to be the current redonculous price if rostogols, even the very top tier of players must find it expesive, but alas this has been suggested time and time and time again, surely there must be a million ways for the developers to make $ and lowering the price of rostos

Well . . .

I do agree that rostos are WAY to expensive and not worth risking it in drop PK maps, since most players use em even if you get a kill you won't get drops. Maybe tweek TTW in away that when you get killed in war you don't drop, to anyone or anything (summons and ranging/magic) included. But srsly I think if anyone wants war they usually just go to KF anyway, safe and still easy to have some type of stratagy to kill other team/player. But I do support the idea of bringing TTW back to EL so it gets used at decent rate!

Hello

What about changing the way that TTW is used and operates, at the minute TTW is not used by many if any.

As it is now, to enter TTW two guilds must both agree to enter, a fee must be paid, and at least one of the guild must be a 'combatant', and as for the rewards for entering such agreement are confused at best, as so few have participated. The only thing really gained is PKI and 'frags', neither really are worth the current price for a Rosto i fear.

I have a plan for change up the TTW aspect as follows.

-it is too difficult to enter TTW, so i suggest that to make it easier to enter.

Firstly that all players have there char's set to 'combatant' with no option to become a 'pacifist', as if you are in a guild war you should fight for your Tag or leave that guild.

Making a 'War Council' with the power to set guilds status as Waring with 'X guild' for a small fee, which would be announced globally similar to how the GIWS operates at the minute with an NPC somewhere. I propose that this feature would be moderated by one of Radu's mod team and a petition would have to be made as to why (guild stole by stuff, didn't share the drop, lured and pked us etc) and only they would have the power to start TTW to minimize abuse of this feature.

Also i propose that alongside guild wars having 'outlaws'; single chars (in a guild or not is irrelevant) whom have caused a nuisance ( repeated bj'rs scammers etc) in EL, or another form of punishment for breaking some of Radu's lesser rules, for a certain period of time they become 'outlaws', at night time they become attack-able by all, but this is completely one sided so the outlaw can only defend, this feature would also be moderated by a mod.

The outlaw feature wouldn't be announced globally it would be up to other players to hunt outlaws out , but it would have to go through the war council with the small fee as TTW petitions, so it would be up to the offended player weather to make a petition for the outlaw or not.

-Next is experience (range magic etc) is confused, i propose removing all experience for TTW and the outlaw feature.

-Drops also is a problem, outside of PK maps TTW kills do not use up a Rosto rather, your non equipped stuff gets 40% (or whatever) drops, so you get drops if they have rosto or not

Many will ask why these changes well the outlaw feature will allow players to have a say on people who choose to play the bad guy in EL, making some think twice before they steal, mug and so on. The TTW on the other hand could be amazing, simple as that. this still would not affect that many, if you dont want to be an outlaw dont be a menace. if you dont want to participate in a TTW leave the guild.

Whilst just my thoughts on a potentaily great aspect i apreciate all comments

My english is not great so appologies for grammer & spelling :)