Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(Athosino)

Solving Economy Problem

Well, do you remember that ages, when 3 people in EL had serp, and they were very happy... Now almost every newb has Tit Chain and Serp. And that time when krull killed bear... everybody told 'wow how didi you do that?!'... Now newbs are getting pickpoints for Neg perks and killing Cyclops after a week of playing, but their attack is like 20. So I think there should be somethink like 'weapon breaking', that will work like this: Cyclops is 80/80, so you need 40 attack to attack him, or you will break your weapon. Attack is quite hard to train so they won't kill it soo easy... they will need 1/2 attack of enemies defense, or they break their weapon. One problem is solved. But we have other one: everybody has serp. I think there should be new weapon called 'Cyclops Mace', that drops only Cyclops and chance to get it is 1/200. It's damage is like 25-35, +7 Accuracy, +1 Armour(because tell me what armour u do with mace :D). And also there should be chain called 'Skeleton Chain', that drops only Cyclops and Fluffy. Chance to get it 1/100. It gives +7-11 armour.

***Please post what you think about it.***

This might be a little off the topic of the thread, but I'm tired of seeing "non-noob" players say:

Now almost every newb has Tit Chain and Serp.... ... Now newbs are getting pickpoints for Neg perks and killing Cyclops after a week of playing,

It's like you think they don't deserve to have a serp just cause they're new. A noob with a serp isn't a problem if they're enjoying playing the game.

The fighter role is the easiest to get started at. There's no experience cap like harvesting, you don't need to read any books to fight, or sigils or essences, or anything. Obviously the first thing a new player will do is get a weapon and start fighting.

Elitist fighters think that noobs don't deserve a serp weapon, but in fact that's precisely what a noob deserves as soon as they can afford it. Fighting is the beginning of the game. It's the easiest thing to do and the natural place for a new player to start.

But, there are many other swords, and those swords are uncommon compared to the serp! What a goal should be is to get those other weapons into circulation. One way by increasing the nexus amount needed to carry them.

or try to force the price of the serp up so there harder to get and people have to use oither weapons, and make weapons have a chance to brake, so even if a newbie gets a serp, wehn it brakes they have to get another one, which they might not be able to afford, so they will start using a tit short or tit long

well make the level to wear serp like att+def 130 and problem solved

Flexo you bi....bigamist? ehm... not flames section almost forgot :)

Make the level to wear serp like att+def = 100 (yes i'm lvl 50/50.. ^^

Don't put a minimum level to use an item, but if you use an item you aren't skilled enough to use, you have a higher chance of breaking it. That means that n00bs that buy Serpents are more likely to break them through their inexperianced use then a real fighter.

The chance for breaking though should not change very much per level since the breakage chance will get checked very often. Something like 0.1% per level or less sounds reasonable. Then you still have to set the suggested level to use it.

serp = experience cutter

If noobs use a serp, they might kill that cyc in 1 or 2 hits, but they will get very little exp for it (mainly atk exp), and they need neg perks for phys/coord.

Those that have no neg perks try fighting gargs with serp.

1 hit -> dead; atk exp: 100 def exp : 0

They will still be fighting gargs in a year, because they do not level fast enough.

I fight gargs without weapon using the "press the home button technique", and a large garg gives me a total of about 750 to 1500 def exp and some 300 atk exp

oh yeah and Roja - damm the point isn't setting serp human nexus value to 20, and spend much pps on it, because pps are no problem - because of negative perkz.

maybe so but those negative perks makes you unable to do stuff and so on. right now you can get a serpent without them by just spending all your starting points (5)...

antisocial makes you unable to trade with npcs, hellspawn makes you risk going to hell whenever you go from one map to some other and so on...

so i dont realy see the problem of getting high amounts of pickpoints tru negative perks as if you want to keep useing a weapon then you have to keep the negative perks (or maybe they should be renamed flaws?)...

so upping the nexus requirements of the serpent to say 20 will help as that is a bigger dedication then 5 are...

in fact you get 5 points when you start the game, its the exp given for the starting levels in combat. so right now you can pump those 5 into the nexus for weapons and armor (i belive its human) and presto you can use a serpent sword if you can get hold of one...

I agree with duran. The pp of neg perks do come at a price u know.

Let the nobs have their serp , makes em happy . adn just like mentioned above. It is true its just a exp cutter so theyre only cutting i n own flesh by buying serp so soon.

how about not makeing the weapon break it would be a wast of money and i know i would feel riped off (like riped off of runescape hint hint)

how about instead they will only hit the monster like once out of ever 10 or so hits ( so they miss like 9 times giving the monster/animal 9 hits to kill them ) cuz they dont have the att/def ( a resonable amout like 45-60 or so for a serp) to weild the weapon

and what with the drop rate they will probly lose it when they die

problem solved?

not realy as we need a function that removes items from game. and selling to a npc dont work as that brings money into the game (at a insane rate even as there are unlimited basic supplys). just think about it, right now the market is saturated by serpent swords with no way to remove them. and we learned from before the reset that allowing it to be sold to a npc leads to a circle where you sell them, get heaps of gold, get hold of more materials and sell again. i belive that there was 10-100 times more serpent swords sold to trik then to player chars before the reset.

btw, can anyone name me one online rpg that dont have weapon breaking of some sort or other?

Yeh, right, we need to remove serps from game... what you telling on lowering drop? I mean, no serps from Troll and Ogre, only from Cyc and Fluffy, and chance lowered?

why not no finished weapon drops? instead you get weapon parts and will have to go to people trained in crafting to have them formed into finished weapons?

hmm not a b da idea ,

wel i guess the breaking weapon thingie is allready a fact by now so economy should relive no?