Eternal Lands Official Forums

I wanted to go buy something in a general shop and i was walking around c2. i was in Arius first, then in Irinveron. The shops are there just no NPC. And i was asking myself the question , that maybe it has to do with the gametime and they closed the shop :confused:. But i know there were simply forgotten. However, what do you think of the idea that you can not buy stuff around the clock and the shops have specific open and closing times. It would add more strategy to the game and planing. ( I know in USA wallmart is 24 hours.. open)

It makes a lot of sense. Maybe have shops closed on some maps 5:30-0:30.

It also does not make sense that all shops have same items or are same price. A shop on winter map is not likely to have cactus as an example. If items and prices varied then more interactions would be done with NPCs. Sample conversations:

"Hello. I am having a sale - buy 5 pickaxes, get one free. Offer is good as long as I have a surplus"

"I am very short on cactus. Today I will pay 0.6 gc for cactus".

It does not make sense that shops sell more than 36 unstackable objects.

Many have commented that prices in shops are unrealistic. 'Magic' shop sells gem paper for 10 gc each and buys polished diamonds for 25 but the recipe for polished diamonds requires 3 pieces of gem paper.

Of course this does not matter much since all of the "important" players have antisocial perk.

No thanks, Saxum. It's too easy already at the moment to be antisocial. You can still do quests, buy wine/leather, buy nexus with hydro, etc.. even if you're antisocial.

There should still be some advantage for people who don't take negative perks.

Solarstar, perhaps an NPC simply hasn't been placed yet in that shop.

Edited by hussam

i'm not sure that much realism is a good idea. next our characters will have to sleep and use the bathroom. or we get receipts from the npc's so we can return items for a refund or store credit :P

Perhaps if you crave this type of realism you should pick up a copy of The Sims.

Seriously though, some people can only log in at certain times-and i doubt many want to waste time running around map to map looking for an open shop who isn't sold out of the item they need.

I support the idea of adding basic gen. store and tavern npc's who are missing.. like general store in Idaloran

This change will save us some walking around and also keep more people on C2.

Varying prices may add to the game, but i really believe that most interactions should be between players and not with NPCs

yes player trading is good, but since we can't make most tools there should never be a time when you can't get them easily and reliably from the place they are supposed to be. same goes with leathers, wines, etc etc etc.

I think since Idaloran is a major center on c2, it should definitely have a general store npc. other than that imo the npc's are fine the way they are

i'm not sure that much realism is a good idea. next our characters will have to sleep and use the bathroom. or we get receipts from the npc's so we can return items for a refund or store credit :P

I support the idea of adding basic gen. store and tavern npc's who are missing.. like general store in Idaloran

8am and i just laugh. Tks , for sure we do need sleep and use the bathroom even when we harv :laugh:

Not sure about this whole idea really. Maybe new NPC's will be added just think of the work to get one there,have a conversation etc etc takes some time :whistle: