Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Flexo

Economy...yea i know its been discussed

Well you could simply add a huge variety of weapons so there would be something for everyone, it would cease the mass production of some weapon and therefor ppl wouldn't make them, of course unmanufacturable items and rare monster drops but still, if the weapons would have differences and there would be a lot more of them would keep the economy a lot more stabile.

I don't think so, everyone would flock to the best weapons anyway.

I think the monsters should not drop finished items at all, only things that are needed to make weapons. That way, fighters become dependent on the manu people for weapons, and manuers depend on fighters for their materials. This should at least encourage people to trade more.

Agreed. As it stands, the serpent stone is worthless because trolls and ogres and cycs drop serpent swords.

Cutting the amount of drops isn't helping, it is making people keep their money in-guild and in-pocket.

The only people making money off fighters now are pot/essence makers. That is all I buy. Over 100k in storage, and nothing to spend it on ;)

I would hate to see the items reset again, and hopefully some newer and harder to get ones are on the way. Also, hopefully some new players.

Soon we will probably have a weapon that is one-time use, does a lot of damage then is destroyed, and can only be purchased. Would that help?

No, I'm point was that make different equal weapons like some would have higher def some higher att etc. so that some weapon would be better on something and the other on some other thing

Is there a way to do a supply and demand kind of thing? Maybe if the amount of items sold to shops were compared to the amount of items bought in shops over a certain period of time, and then the game would update based upon these numbers to change the price of items, it would stop everyone from flocking to the same items. It might be hard to do, but in the end it would keep the game more interesting, and keep the flow of the world more realistic.

I dont' nkow but I just wish that I would see another sword out there besides the serp....anyone who has a sword has a serp. I RARELY see any other sword, and i really hate that fact. Something has to be done, but until something really good that will work is thought up(and you can convince ent to implement it-which is a feat in itself), things will stay as they are unfortunetly.

heres an idea.....

have an item wipe ....all items gone

make trik acually buy all the weopons and armors again.....i hate seeing market peopel getting serp 2k tit longs store price 40k market price 1k it sucks :D ive sold cheap serps to before cause i get so many of them and noone buys them for a decent price....rare books pfft they go for as much as non rare books mostly......capes are same way people sell them for 6k.....if you dont want everyone to have all good stuff make it where the fighters who get them can sell it somewhere else and that would give us a price to sell it...instead of noobs harvesting 3k some fruits and getting serps :?

why not just make some way to improve weapons?

Make it so people with high alchemy and manu levels can "imbue"

different properties to weapons. That would make it so not every serp is the same strength at least.

Best example of what could happen to our weapons: diablo 2

rune words, gems, alot of stuff can be added to weapons. (not to mention the HUGE randomization of weapons.. you NEVER know what you'll find next)

Best example of what could happen to our weapons: diablo 2

rune words, gems, alot of stuff can be added to weapons. (not to mention the HUGE randomization of weapons.. you NEVER know what you'll find next)

it has been said MANY times that we cannot have unique weapons in the game.

i recall there being work done on glow effects on the diffrent weapons and armors in the programing forum. this will most likely be used to create weapons and armors that have magical properties. this in turn while not being unique weapons can be created by say adding some jewel to a weapon in a alchemical prosess (it will just create a weapon with a set magical property and not one that is tailormade by you tho)...

im with grum on the weapons drop btw, it breaks the economy badly as people give away dropped items or can stash them so that they dont need to buy a new one if the old one is dropped or broken or something...

allso, why are people useing serpents when it is said that weapons mess a persons ability to gain exp?

another reason for this problem is that to use a sperpent sword you dont have to get a whole lot of pickpoints. hell i can trow all my starting points into the right nexus and pick up a serpent (remind me to kick entropy about that as i know roja had them set for 10-15 buy entropy belived people would never get that mutch, sometimes i wonder if he see the math he is working on!)

Well one thing that will be done is that the titanium swords will no longer be in drops(I have no idea who thought of that idea in the first place :roll: ), but ent said he will do that, so there's one good thing to be done.

The description for serp stone says "used in the making of titanium armours and weapons" Do an item wipe, make it so that tit items need serps stones to make like :

Tit short 3 stones

tit long 5 stones

tit chain 7 stones

tit serp 10 stones

Also remove the tit drops except from fluffy... or something

Don't make the serp construction any different than it is now, instead of making it different add there something. ENHANCEMENTS! :D

Soon we will probably have a weapon that is one-time use, does a lot of damage then is destroyed, and can only be purchased. Would that help?

A holy handgrenade?

Well, it fits the description...

There should be no ultimate weapon... there should be more weapon classes(hammers, axes, staffs, swords, etc.) and they should fit a certain type of character. If each weapon has a strong point and a weakpoint, like does a bunch of damage, but doesn't always hit, then not everyone would want that, but some people would prefer it. This way everyone could have their own ultimate weapon, and everyone isn't just looking at 20 serps on the screen all day long.

buy 20 and go pking :)

There should be no ultimate weapon... there should be more weapon classes(hammers, axes, staffs, swords, etc.) and they should fit a certain type of character. If each weapon has a strong point and a weakpoint, like does a bunch of damage, but doesn't always hit, then not everyone would want that, but some people would prefer it. This way everyone could have their own ultimate weapon, and everyone isn't just looking at 20 serps on the screen all day long.

im with you on this, feel free to make the models tho. thats realy the problem, lack of models.

models are easy to make, and they are far from the problem. In fact the weapon stats are not completly a ladder effect now either, but obviously they don't have that much of an advantage for people to care about anythinig but serps.

as serpents are still top of the chart...

maybe if we could get weapons with magical effects...

how about this for a magical items system:

you take your avarage item name, then plug on a sufix to it so that it becomes magical in some way, like this: iron sword of extra damage, quarterstaff of fire. inventory sorting would have to be based on the full name of the item. when a item is equiped or looked at the server would parse the name, take the item type, add the sufix effect to those stats and toss it to the client.

one could even have prefixes: shoddy, workable, bad, mastercraft and so on...