Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bkc56

Another use for grapes

We were talking on the PK server about grapes (and what to do with them) and Rogue suggested making wine. Basically two possible ideas:

1. Trade a grape to Vesine (in MM) and get some large number of wine (100?) back. You have to have completed the wine quest to use this.

2. Mix your own wine. Say:

• 1 Grapes
  • 20 vials (close to a bottle), perhaps less to make the cost/value come out right
  • 1 Honeycomb (for fermentation)
  • 1 Tree Mushroom (use fungi since we don't have yeast)

Requires a Mortor&Pestel and makes 100 wine (has to make more wine than vials because of the cost of each from NPC). Probably needs a new book also (wine making).

The idea of making wine as come up a couple times in the past, but we never had grapes before.

Edited by bkc56

As the grape has a higher value, that would have to be much more wine, possibly 500 minium, or maybe used for something else.

Edited by Starlite

We were talking on the PK server about grapes (and what to do with them) and Rogue suggested making wine. Basically two possible ideas:

2. Mix your own wine. Say:

• 1 Grapes
  • 20 vials (close to a bottle), perhaps less to make the cost/value come out right
  • 1 Honeycomb (for fermentation)
  • 1 Tree Mushroom (use fungi since we don't have yeast)

Requires a Mortor&Pestel and makes 100 wine (has to make more wine than vials because of the cost of each from NPC). Probably needs a new book also (wine making).

The idea of making wine as come up a couple times in the past, but we never had grapes before.

Good idea! :icon13:

But Starlite got a point, 1k wine should be fine (more ings but single grapes).

But Starlite got a point, 1k wine should be fine

You can't mix more than you can carry, which for maxed emu would probably be 450 or so.

It does raise an interesting question about mixing as a mule in order to handle higher emu mixes.

Sounds like too much work and too costly for an item that costs 0.75gc. 100 wine = 75gc. Is that really the value to put on grapes?

As someone who's probably used 1 million+ wine, I see no point to this, and seriously doubt anyone would waste the grapes to do it.

But Starlite got a point, 1k wine should be fine

You can't mix more than you can carry, which for maxed emu would probably be 450 or so.

It does raise an interesting question about mixing as a mule in order to handle higher emu mixes.

Unless special code was put in place and the mixed item went into a bag/storage. I have never seen why you have to actually carry the stuff. Having things that you can't hold onto when done go onto the ground instead makes alot of sense to me....especially for upcoming barricades and such for engineers.

I do like the idea of things going in the ground. :)

Just a thought, but what if the Grapes counted as a tool for this wine recipe instead of as an ing? That way they were reusable for an undetermined number of mixes similar to molds.

Just a thought, but what if the Grapes counted as a tool for this wine recipe instead of as an ing?

NatureLover's Grape broke. So sad. :P

But seriously, unless grapes become mass-harvestable like regular fruit - apart from the fact that wine is quite cheap if you've done the wine quest - it would not be very worthwhile to create this method of making wine.

Besides, now that radu has also added the pear to the game, IMO it is clear that he has other plans for these unusual fruits.

Edited by EaglePrince

Doesn't a bottle of wine usually require more than one grape or is this a very, very large grape we are talking about?

Doesn't a bottle of wine usually require more than one grape or is this a very, very large grape we are talking about?

I think it might be a bundle.

Of course then, perhaps it would be best to just consider "pear" and "grape" as code words for some weird artifacts because any real world logic will not apply to these. Try to apply real world logic and you might end up with silly threads like this one where the suggestion seems like common sense, but the contents are ridiculous. Alot of real world logic does not apply to this game.

On another note, if we consider wine coolers, any fruit could be used to make those and it would make more sense to say "wine" instead of "wine cooler" than it would to find a "grape" in a bush full or poison ivy (what would it be doing there?) and make wine out of it.

Hmmmm...all fruit having magical powers.....reminds me of the Dark Sun roleplaying game (offline roleplaying, I believe it was) that my brother used to play. That was a desert world.

HUH! sorry nathan but really dont understand your post at all, cant see "wine coolers" mentioned at all and you don't seem to have put forward any idea for the use of the grapes Methinks you have partaken of too many grapes.