Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NatureLover

EL loads but can't login

Guest NatureLover

EL loads and comes up with login screen. I enter my information, but nothing happens (doesn't progress to game, no error message, nothing). My video driver says it's up to date. I had no problem getting into game last night. Already checked to make sure firewall allowed exception for the game today even though it didn't require it yesterday. My friend and housemate can't get into the game either. The two computers share a DSL connection. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Guest NatureLover

Not sure how Rule #5 applies to 2 distinct individuals living in 1 house using 2 distinct computer systems. I do thank you for your input though.

Not sure how Rule #5 applies to 2 distinct individuals living in 1 house using 2 distinct computer systems. I do thank you for your input though.

You CAN have 2 or more chars, but they MUST NOT interact, i mean like trade, share bags, fight each other..... the point is, as long as you do some like this with the same IP adress is considered illegal multiplaying

Guest Na

Please reread my last post. Once my forum account is activated and I am able to talk with the admins, I am sure that I & my friend Rose will be able to prove to the admins satisfaction that we are 2 living breathing human beings as per EL Rule #5 subpart 5. This should result in the lifting of our banning. As a side note I only have 1 character that I have been playing for the past 3 weeks. Thank you.

Guest Nat

I would be happy to discuss the situation with you in depth Aislinn, as I have heard you are a fair and just person. I would prefer doing so in private, but I will leave that decision up to you. As I have stated I have only had 1 character on EL that I started about 3 weeks ago. I have no idea how many characters Rose may have. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.

Guest Nature

To my knowledge:

1) I never helped Rose move any item or gc from 1 char to another char or buy anything with gc from 1 of her char to buy anything for another of her char.

2)Rose made a total of 5 chars, the last being Peaches

3)Rose doesn't know how to go about deleting characters or she would have deleted all char previous to Peaches

4) All Rose's char previous to Peaches she considered failed attempts at char building

5) I only made the character NatureLover

6) My char accepting raw ings from someone else's char and later trading the same char finished items isn't against the rules

7) I am NOT Rose

8) Rose & I despise cheating and don't like being accused of cheating

Funny how in your first post you had no knowledge of what "Rose" did or the characters she made. You even copped an attitude at the other poster.

Yet bot logs show you most definitely did know about those characters since you traded at the same time at the same bots with several of them, from the same IP.

Server logs as well show you were VERY familiar with those characters both in trade interactions, pk interactions, and otherwise.

Once you realized we could see the logs your story changed in a hurry, didn't it. Unfortunately, it still doesn't match the logs. All of those characters were still active up until the time of the locks. Nothing indicates "failed character builds" and an attempt to move on.

And fyi, Peaches was not the last character in this group created.

Going on the statement there are 2 people there:

1. You cannot share (use, log in, hit enter, continue harvesting while the other runs to the bathroom, ANYTHING) characters and trade with them too.

2. You cannot trade with someone's 5 alts and help them move stuff around between characters.

3. You can't use bots for the same purpose.

So whether or not there are 2 of you is immaterial. There were 6 characters in recent history ALL interacting. That is 4 too many and against the rules. And that is the best scenario possible.

You may not be "cheaters" but ignorance of the rules is no excuse either. However given how your story has changed and still doesn't fit, I have my doubts. I somehow get the feeling you were warned as well before this?

Guest NatureLover

I didn't ask Rose until someone on irc asked me to check with her, so I didn't really know. I tried my best to stay polite and not cop an attitude. (hard when you receive a comment insinuating that you cheated and you know it) I didn't not keep track of character names she was using. Rose still didn't really have the hang of buying items from bots, but she had the hang of selling to bots. Until I found out on irc the other day, I thought that separate computers at the same residence had different IP. If either of us had known that trading between 2 friends was actually considered illegal (bizarre concept in most situations), we would not under any circumstance done so. I don't recall ever pking anyone at any time. I don't feel that I have ever changed my "story". I expect admins to be able to see logs on any online game. Active (as in use?)? I'll need an explanation of that as I am unaware of them still being used. Peaches was the last character I was aware of being created. Rose says it was the last character she created. What character(s) were created after that? Feel free to contact us by e-mail and we will provide you with our house phone number so that you can talk to us in person on speakerphone so we can get all of this straightened out a lot quicker. If that's not within reason, would you be willing to delete all of Rose's characters except Peaches (delete my character NatureLover also if you feel it's necessary) and restrict Rose to playing Peaches (and me to playing NatureLover if you don't delete it) without any further interaction other than the occasional passing "hi"? I'd even quit the guild (if still allowed to play) we both belong to if you felt it was necessary. There was no intentional cheating or lying going on here. We don't believe in cheating. Rose is still quite addicted to EL and really wants to keep playing. This whole banning and accusation business has me somewhat turned off on a game I found amazing enough to suggest to friends. I appreciate your time Aislinn.

Guest NatureLover

Funny how in your first post you had no knowledge of what "Rose" did or the characters she made. You even copped an attitude at the other poster.

Yet bot logs show you most definitely did know about those characters since you traded at the same time at the same bots with several of them, from the same IP.

Server logs as well show you were VERY familiar with those characters both in trade interactions, pk interactions, and otherwise.

Once you realized we could see the logs your story changed in a hurry, didn't it. Unfortunately, it still doesn't match the logs. All of those characters were still active up until the time of the locks. Nothing indicates "failed character builds" and an attempt to move on.

And fyi, Peaches was not the last character in this group created.

Going on the statement there are 2 people there:

1. You cannot share (use, log in, hit enter, continue harvesting while the other runs to the bathroom, ANYTHING) characters and trade with them too.

2. You cannot trade with someone's 5 alts and help them move stuff around between characters.

3. You can't use bots for the same purpose.

So whether or not there are 2 of you is immaterial. There were 6 characters in recent history ALL interacting. That is 4 too many and against the rules. And that is the best scenario possible.

You may not be "cheaters" but ignorance of the rules is no excuse either. However given how your story has changed and still doesn't fit, I have my doubts. I somehow get the feeling you were warned as well before this?

We did not do any of the 3 things you mentioned here. A better wording of the rules would probably help reduce the number of situations popping up. We read the rules and did not see where we were breaking/bending any of them. There were no warnings that I'm aware of.

Guest NatureLover

To be a little clearer, I may very well have traded with each of Rose's characters. I did not keep track of that. I did NOT move anything from any 1 of them to any other of them.

Guest Peaches

I don't understand fully why I was banned and called a cheater - I resent this very much!!!!! - I have never cheated at any thing in my life. I am over 60 years old and one of the owwners in a game shop we have had for many years. We play and run games and our people would never ever think of doing this. I am appalled that anyone would even accuse me of such action because if you did you would never had made that statement. I have never played a game like this before. I watched Max play it for 3 or 4 days and wanted to try it. I enjoyed it very much. I have met some fantastic people also. As for my other characters - You can see that they have not been played after Peaches. I learn from my mistakes when building characters I took what I called failures. And corected them with peaches. If there had been A way to delete them I would Have. Maybe that is an oversight on your side of the game that you could correct.

You are not accused of cheating, you are banned for not following the rules, knowingly or unknowingly does not matter here, we cannot tell that. Unfortunate for you, most people knowingly break these rules. Any guild you are both in should have warned you about this issue, since it is well known in EL.

Another well known issue is that the #kill_me command, to delete characters, has been broken for years now. This is not an oversight, but has to do with coding problems that make it impossible to use such a command. The command is still listed in the text command list and whenever someone discovers it doesnt work and asks for help they get the advice to throw away the password and forget about the char. If the char is low enough level, it will eventually get purged. Either way, this effectively is deleting the char.

The same rules that apply to anyone else in this game, and you agreed to when starting, where applied when you were banned. The wording of the rule might not have been clear to you, and you might not have realized you were same-IP, but that does not change what happened.

My advice:

Don't ask for exceptions to the rule, you are no different from other 'families' playing, and there are a lot of those.

Either wait out the one month ban, or leave your old chars and make one new char each. On these new chars you can play within the rules and maybe after having established chars that are clearly two different people, ask permission for some interaction, The latter does not include giving tons of ingredients to the other char to mix, giving free gifts or any other uneven trades. Even with permission you are still limited in what you can do. Dont blame the game for this, but all the previous cheaters that have spoiled it for legitimate 'families' (families here used as group of people on same IP).

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this