Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

PvP instances

I originally posted this in another thread, but a few people suggested that it really should be made as a separate thread to not get lost amongst other content.

To add a suggestion for within the current EL system:

3vs3 and 5vs5 PvP instances.

• 10 level gaps.
  • When you die you leave the instance but do not drop stuff and do not lose a rosto.
  • When all members of one team have died (and are thus out of the instance) the other team is the winner and receives some small-ish reward.
  • Most important part: Random team queuing. (This means 5 people (or 2 for that matter) who're all on chars custom built for the PvP instancing can not group up and always be on the same team together)

This would help PvP in EL heaps.

People on very high level chars will have a very hard time ending up with 10 people all queued for the 2 teams needed in the 5vs5 instance, but sometimes there could be 6 people queued for 3vs3 and they can always make an alt to do them.

3vs3 really is too low, 5vs5 and 10vs10 would be better, but the playerbase is too small atm.

EDIT:

in regards to the 'small-ish' reward for the winning team, i actually think a/d exp would be a good reward, to help a little with ensuring people don't 'camp' particular level instances too long.

Interesting idea... But apart from the xp it just seems like something that could be done by simple events... But the xp idea is cool

Interesting idea... But apart from the xp it just seems like something that could be done by simple events... But the xp idea is cool

Well that no rosto + no lost stuff would be interesting.

I think it could attract even some non fighters (or players whose primary aim is not a/d).

Well that no rosto + no lost stuff would be interesting.

I think it could attract even some non fighters (or players whose primary aim is not a/d).

Event organising takes up time and resources, having an always-available automated system in place would be a nice feature for the game, and it wouldn't replace player organised PK events as they're often bigger.

I will like to try any PK cos at the moment i am not even interested to go near any PK map. This game lost it a lot and the fun of PK is somewhere in the past. Its a pity :closedeyes:

If it breaks up the monotony of grind grind grind on the levels and give people something to actually use their skills for then it's a good idea worth some consideration. :)

I like the idea. It would give players who arent pr0 the safe place pvp (pk) without being attacked. It would give players who aren't fighters a chance to do something different, and those who are fighters can have nice change from the instances and waiting around looking for ppl to kill.

Sounds like a lot of fun. And i think it should be open even for the newbies who just started. It might keep them here if they dont have to chase rabbits around ip

It would really be fun if there was no mini map and you could hide to ambush the other team as well.

Edited by Caliphear

I like this.

There needs to be "fun things to do" at all levels and stages of the game. Not just more items to make-"grinding", but things to DO. Most of us are here in a mmorpg for the "mm" part, or else we'd be playing a single player game or solitaire.

I like the idea of the random teaming as well. It will get you out into the game and meeting up with other people in your experience and level bracket, which opens the door for your own ability to arrange "fun things to do" with a larger pool of people.

My only concern is this, and it stems from recent issues in game: What happens if you get assigned into a team with a known deadbeat only joining for griefing purposes? In my opinion, there either has to be a mechanism for the rest of the team to "vote him off the island" or similar.

My only concern is this, and it stems from recent issues in game: What happens if you get assigned into a team with a known deadbeat only joining for griefing purposes? In my opinion, there either has to be a mechanism for the rest of the team to "vote him off the island" or similar.

Sounds like a good way for participants to enforce house rules. :icon13: Pull a BRoD or a branch and you're out (if the group has agreed to not use BRoD.)

I like this idea. If there was a possibility of abusing it, in case of xp rewards, making teams semi-random addresses it already.

I like this idea.

The instance should negate guild and allies non-attack though, or you might end up not able to fight ;)

Hope this gets implemented.