Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
forever

Exp Bonuses

Tell me how many of the new players even got anything, just one thing, from Shop ?? I am sure very very few which doesnt help at all. :closedeyes:

I think you might be wrong in your assumption. Look at the number of p2p race characters. Look at the amount of rostos/thermal serps in game (no, they really do not grow on trees!) Also, there are always people buying stuff from shop only to put them on the market, and people who help friends out if they have no means to buy from the shop themselves.

As Nova put it down, p2p and the special swords not many buy it and sure same will happen to the exp bonus ( and dont try to be ironic like everyone but you are so smart ass in here, when none is to you ;) ). I got a p2p character and thats about all i am interested to buy so far. Why? Simple, rosto i can buy in game if i really need it, a special sword the same and so on. The exp bonus isnt for me the answer to get up in top 100-50 maybe, i like to know i did it by my hand and work and not just sit afk somewhere in a sto and thats about all my play in this game/any game. Why to break the game with exp bonus when you can get it by working a bit ? :whistle:

Edited by Immortelle

Simple, rosto i can buy in game if i really need it, a special sword the same and so on.

I'm not being ironic, I'm being realistic.

How do you think most rostos enter the game?

How do the usefull magic (glowy) swords enter the game?

There are actually a lot of special swords, special armor, and tons of other items ppl buy from the shop and sell in game to make gc. it's safer than selling and buying gc. As dilly said they are still being bought from the shop to be sold in game. Yes most are bought by pkers but even efe , binding stones, transfer nexus, colorchange stones etc... alot bought from the shop. I do think ppl will buy these exp boosts but i would still rather level on my own just for the accomplishment.

You buy an item that gives you 2x exp for 1 hour, 1x exp for another hour, and 1/2x exp for the next few hours.

So it is good for those people who can play only 1-2 hours a day but still want to keep up with those who can play the whole day.

That is actually a very good idea.

I would love the exp item. Then players (like myself), could even buy it with gc. But have it only available from the shop. So someone has to buy it for it to even get in game.

I played several games that had a system similar to the suggested one, some with a system similar to the one mentioned by radu in his first post.

I play none of them right now. Each and every one of them, especially ones with the first system, became impossible to play without $. At some point it was completely impossible to compete at ANY level with people paying for their boosters. As a side effect, many dedicated players left to look for something else (the code of conduct of ones who stayed wasn't encouraging to stay, basically they treated everybody playing without $ as trash). Most of people are about competition. Only a few would enjoy watching a fight between a man with chain saw and a lamb. No competition, no fun. Bye bye.

The pros of Radu's idea is a possibility of reselling the item in game which allows everybody to use it.

Side note:

I think that implementing a fast levelling system would make one of the most irritating WoW phrases very useful: L2P!!11~ n00b

Edited by Vanyel

Well, I think that exp boost isn't a good solution. As some of you said ppl think that if they would be able to use it they cath up with tops. I'd say no or rather no. You should spend a lot of $ because top players will use them too and those chars have been in game since X years.

I like the way how this game plays. I accept that i have to make a lot of effort to lvl up and I like it. Maybe if you don't care about tops and rankings it will be easier to play.

In my opinion this idea can be a good way to kill the spirit of the game i like.

I don't like the idea of adding yet another requirement for competing in skill rankings.

This should not be about who can shell out more $ to level. Those that shell out $ to level often cause inflation in the game. We don't need more inflation. We need the market prices to settle to a fair level or a limited quantity vs bulk quantity pricing scheme.

As #18 (was once number 5 or so) manu in the game, I would find it annoying if someone playing a month but paying a bunch of $ could pass me up.

I agree with the idea that this game should stick to the slow advancement of skills that it has now.

As for dailies, I think they may just solve a problem of the old timers not being able to advance anymore. Without them, I would not get a pickpoint for a year unless I went a/d training constantly. I don't think dailies have too much impact on the skill competitions.

I would find it annoying if someone playing a month but paying a bunch of $ could pass me up.

I think a little perspective would be helpful here. Even if this was implemented, the idea Entropy posted above would at most yield 2x normal experience for an hour or two per day. I don't think anyone is going to make it to the top-20 in a month with that.

I think entropy's idea is the best because it won't give people who spend real $ a significant advantage over those who don't. At most, it would allow those with a lot of $ but not a lot of time to keep up with those who do play a lot.

On the other hand...

Now that I think about it, there is a way for people who play a lot to get xp faster. Buy an xp item and use it. Spend the next hour fighting or mixing or doing daily quests. After the item wears off and your xp gained drops to half of normal, harvest or do something that doesn't normally earn a lot of xp. So that time isn't wasted.

I don't want people who spend real $ to have a significant advantage over those who don't, so more discussion is needed.

Well, not a horrible idea, as long was limited to how often it could be used

If people buy the item for $ they can also sell them for gc's so should be equally avaible to all really.