Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Oakhex

Lost a few hours of my EL life

I logged in today, saw a special healing day, did some coal mining, steel bars alcing and other everyday chores including getting an overall level. Then I left my char sitting at CC entrance for an hour. After coming back, there was a <disconnected> message waiting for me, nothing unusual. What is bizarre is that after pressing the space bar, I saw myself briefly where I expected to be and then, baaah, found myself where I logged in hours earlier. Same clothes, same old stats, and Vespasia the 30th was no longer a special day. I still had the old chat on console, so I know I'm not crazy :) and reaching an overall level is not easy to forget. How did this happen? And if it was not a world-wide event, server rollback, how can I prevent this happening again?

Server Crash and we all lost the exp, i lost 2 pots lvl and 1 harv one, i understood due to the new Global Quest. Someone tried to get it done/or starting it and.. well the Bug got the server down for couple of min. :(

Since a server crash can never be predicted, if it has been sometime since you traded, type #save command, and that will be your new roll-back point

Server Crash and we all lost the exp, i lost 2 pots lvl and 1 harv one

Knowing that the server is robust enough to recover after crashes actually makes me feel better.

And we both got the bonus of getting levels with firework twice :P

i want my exp, gc and bones back, WITH INTEREST! :angry:

ahahaha Loved it :P Well i managed to get back my exp.. even if i lost 1hour of it :whistle:

And Wizzy i know u are right but i was near the 3th lvl of pot and wanted to save it.. but well next time i will know better :icon13:

Edited by Immortelle

Yeah the crash appeared to occur when my astro was high and I made some Glacmor rings for first time (15/19) along with a lot of other items. That time is reserved for mixing. I used up my hyperbag of hidden ingredients saved for high astro day so I deleted my image of hyperbag and contents. I noticed before my rings were gone and after reading thread realize the bars are back in storage. I do not remember exact location of hyperbag - I do not use same spot so someone does not seem me and try a key. I lost my stuff now into hyperspace.

Anyone know where Hyperspace Lost and Found department is?

Does this kind of problem affect bots? If I sold 100 expensive items to a bot and server crashes do bots get affected as well or do items get mysteriously duplicated?

I already put Glacmor rings in storage so I do not think it makes a difference in this case.

I already put Glacmor rings in storage so I do not think it makes a difference in this case.

If you put items in storage, the game doesn't save automatically. Only when you use trade window.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this