Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nova

Horray for Penguins!

20722-bigthumbnail.jpg

First off, everyone meet Tux, the Linux spokes penguin.

On 4/23/11, in honor of World Penguin Day, the LNX guild will be holding a day's worth of events. We hope to have the events scattered throughout the entire day so as many time zones as possible can join us in the fun. The list of events and prizes keeps growing and we plan to have contests for as many different leveled players as possible, so keep an eye on this thread for updates and contest times.

What a fun day! Thanks to all who participated. Big big big thanks to everyone who helped make this day possible by holding invasions, zapping BillGates around, giving us miles of blue spam, supervising an event, or donating the ton and a half of prizes we gave away. I hope everyone involved had fun.

The Riddle is still unsolved. I have gotten MANY pm guesses but none are right so far. Lots of people are on the right track though. Keep thinking!

Elveron solved the riddle! Congrats!

There are still hyper bags of books out there too.

I think we can safely say the BOO made out the best of everyone today. :hehe: Congrats.

:bow_arrow:

In a world without fences and walls, who needs Gates and Windows?

**Events Going on Now**

-HyperBookworms

In an attempt to give the timezone we are missing a chance at a prize (and to get rid of the TON of books the guild came up with) I have locked up 13 hyper bags full of books in places you might sit and read or stand and buy some books. Some locations may have more then one bag. Happy hunting. Please post when you find a bag.

**Events that have past and were fun**

- Best penguin or anti Windows joke wins a prize.

Forum contest, post in this thread. One entry per person. **Win an alembic and a binding stone!**

- Kill Bill- The LNX guild has kidnapped computer 'genius' Bill Gates and plans to make him PKable for all of EL to hunt. 4:30PM EDT (click for your local time)

- Quesar's archery contest

At 11:30AM EDT (click for your local time) LNX will be holding a ranging contest in the WS summoning arena.

We will do X rounds of archers shooting at summons, getting 1 point for each kill. After the first batch, victors from each round will compete in a longer final round for the prizes.

The 3 prizes are a rosto, a steel helm, and a steel greave. The 3 winners get to pick their prize at the end, with 3rd place getting the last prize.

The exact number of rounds, finalists from each round, etc will depend on the number of people that come.

All gear is allowed, no restrictions.

- Smurf and Entreri's DPa last man standing battle

2 simultaneous fights will be held in the DP capped arenas at 2:00PM EDT (click for your local time) Come ready to fight in either arena. Smurf and Entreri will be flipping coins to see who fights where. Last man standing in each arena wins. No dragon armor, no special weapons, no mage skirts please. No muling and no hyper bagging please. And please no BRODing. Broken armor is no fun.

Prizes for the winners: (First one to finish the slaughter in their arena gets to pick first)

1 bronze sword/1 MOL/1 rosto

1 gather med/1 MOL/1 rosto

-Hide and seeks for all lvls by Nova, Quesar and Ringil_Oddsocks, Large, ThreeDee, Silvertail, bluap, Cordor, and Entreri. Lots of fun was had by all and lots of people walked away with prizes big and small. We gave away capes and stones of all kinds and someone may have been handing out poop as well, but thats OK as long as there is a prize in the poop right?

-Wizzy's guest star invasion. He may not be in LNX but he's a fellow penguin. Thanks Wizz!

- Penguin Day riddle by Minion07

I feel that i should preface this riddle by saying that Minion is a highly devious, highly geeky bastard whose mind works in weird and twisted ways. ANYTHING may be a clue. Over look NOTHING. He is famous for false leads and outside the box thinking. I have added a tit serp sword to Minion's COM. Good luck, think hard, work together.

From Minion07:

P-P-P-Pick up a penguin puzzle!

The secret guild of penguin map-makers, scribbling away at their desks deep in Irinveron have recently left a cryptic clue as to the location of their hidden treasure. I couldn't make head nor tail of it, but hopefully you guys will have more luck! Remember, penguins are very detailed creatures so you have to look at their clues very carefully. Even the old blind penguin, the uber tech geek, and the WWII code breaker left their marks on this one. Be careful which clues you Trust, not all is as it seems.

The clue is given below:

152 152

<http://reptileroom.net/elstuff/trustbot/allisnotasitseems.png> 6, 6 letter words are hidden here. Keep your eyes and ears open for clues.

You are on the right lines, hidden information is the key here. 6 is the magic number for this puzzle...look more closely. You are near to the answer when you see clothed.

We are looking for who or what holds the treasure.

Unfortunately, I will not be online for the next few days. Answers should be sent to either Nova or me by pm, or by post in this thread. First correct one wins a COM and tit serp sword! I will add 5kgc to the prize pool for each day left unsolved :) (max of 20kgc)

It should be obvious when you have the correct solution.

Be careful though, we know how much penguins like red herrings!

**I forgot to mention that there are a few people in game that we decided to exclude from these games. We feel that they cause too much grief for too many people for us to want to award them prizes. Morath, Dubro, Izu, and Infinity are not welcome in these games. Dubro, talk to me about staying out of the guild map and maybe we can come to an understanding.

Edited by Nova

Sounds great! :icon13: I am looking forward to this! Last “Events day” I remember was hosted by LION guild on their birthday and that was ages ago. This will be cool Saturday. :w00t:

I hope you have some nice ranging tournament Nova, I bet I can beat all LNX :bow_arrow:

PS. Yes, Devnul comes from /dev/null :sneaky:

w00t!!! let me help warmup?

Q: How do Penguins drink their cola?

A: On the rocks.

Q: Why don´t you see Penguins in Britain?

A: Because they´re afraid of Wales.

Q: What kind of fish do Penguins catch at night?

A: Starfish.

Q: What do Penguins sing on a birthday?

A: Freeze a jolly good fellow.

Q: What do mother Penguins say to their children

before they go out in the dark?

A: Beak....careful out there.

Q: What do Penguins have for lunch?

A: Icebergers.

Edited by van_binsbergen

A man was driving down the highway with a car full of penguins. Penguins sticking out the windows, penguins coming out the sunroof, penguins everywhere. A cop pulled him over and told him if he didn`t want a ticket he`d better take those penguins straight to the zoo. The man promised he would and drove off. The next day, the same highway, the same car, the same guy, the same cop and the same penguins - only this time the penguins were all wearing sunglasses! The cop pulled the guy over and said, "I thought I told you to take these penguins to the zoo!""I did" said the guy, "Today I`m taking them to the beach!"

Hahaha I love the jokes!! New contest for the forums, whoever tells the best penguin OR anti Windows joke on forums between now and the end of penguin day will win a prize. :laugh: One entry per person so make them good!

Hahaha I love the jokes!! New contest for the forums, whoever tells the best penguin OR anti Windows joke on forums between now and the end of penguin day will win a prize. One entry per person so make them good!

Can I start over please, I can do better than this

Hahaha I love the jokes!! New contest for the forums, whoever tells the best penguin OR anti Windows joke on forums between now and the end of penguin day will win a prize. :laugh: One entry per person so make them good!

OK! :icon13:

This maybe isn’t a joke, but it looked funny yesterday on @6 (yes, there is a player with nick like this!)

[@PK central @ 6]: Devnul killed Microsoft. :bow_arrow:

See you all on Saturday! :w00t:

Edited by Devnul

Here is a definitely random list of linux commands:

updatedb
locate
talk
date
cd
strip
look
touch
finger
unzip
uptime
gawk
head
emerge --oneshot condom
mount
fsck
gasp
more
yes
yes
yes
more
umount
emerge -C condom
make clean
sleep

115.gif

A screenshot I took ages ago, as funny today as it was originally:

malware_fail.jpg

Not Linux specifically, but good:

devotion_to_duty.png

More later when I get home :>

So Bill Gates dies and meets St. Peter at the Gates of Heaven. St. Peter says "Bill, you know, that was some dubious s**t you did down there on Earth with Microsoft, but it's just about counter-balanced by the good works that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation did, plus your old man, liberal that he is, put in a good word for you. So you could go either way, and we're going to let it be your call. You can go to either Heaven or Hell."

So Gates so, "Okay, but I can I see them both before I decide?"

"Sure!" says St. Peter. "But once you decide, it's for keeps. Let's start with Heaven".

So they go inside and Gates sees a bunch of folks lounging around, not doing much. You know, playing the occasional harp, snoozing on a cloud, reading books, that sort of thing.

Bill decides that's not his scene, so he asks to see Hell.

He knocks on the Gates of Hell and Lucifer immediately shows him in. Hell is a *MUCH* more swinging place than Heaven. Lots of video games, 72 virgins, champagne flowing freely, and not a Mac or a Linux box to be seen.

Gates is sold and goes back to tell St. Peter the bad news. *POOF*! He's back at the Gates of Hell and no sooner can he look up but seven demons grab him, drag him inside, and throw him head first into a pit of burning, stinking brimstone.

Scrambling back out, Gates demands to see Lucifer. "But, but, but," he coughs and stammers, this is *NOTHING* like what you showed me earlier!"

Lucifer replies "Oh, that. That was our demo."

A penguin walks into a bar, and asks the bartender if he has any plums. The bartender, confused, tells the penguin that no, his bar doesn't serve plums. The penguin thanks him and leaves. The next day, the penguin returns, and again repeats his request for plums. Again, the bartender tells him that, no, the bar does not serve plums, has never served plums, and, furthermore, will never serve plums. The penguin, a little ruffled, thanks him and leaves. The next day, the penguin returns, but before he can say anything, the bartender begins to yell: "Listen, penguin! This is a bar! We do not serve plums! If you ever ask for plums again, I will nail your stupid penguin beak to the bar!" The penguin is silent for a moment, and then asks, ''Do you have any nails?'' Confused, the bartenders says "No." "Good!" says the penguin. "Then do you have any plums?"

Here's the golden rule for installing new software on your PC:

If it runs Linux: Be root

If it runs Windows: Reboot

but they are all such snappy dressers. plus i think you just wanted to say scallywag.

Edited by Nova

1) Do you know why are windows intalled in fridges??? Because they're freezing soo good :D

2) Q:How can you find out that on off computer are installed Windows?

A:Because there's RESET button

Q;And Why?

A:Because the reset word on the button is unreadable already

3) Q: how to speed up pc with Windows up to 10times???

A: Throw it out of window :P

4) Q:Are windows 95 a virus?

A: No because virus is free of charge have a usefull code and is doing something :DD