Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Add tigers, black panthers and leopards to summonable creatures

Since the NPC is experimenting with summoning of tigers, black panthers and leopards next step should be having the animals summonable by players. There are no animals summonable for animal nexus level 4 so they may fit there.

Why?

Unless they have special characteristics or cash bonus - no one will ever summon them.

Once you get to stones - that is all you ever mix!

Would really love to see proper summoning used in game - but I am sure adding more mobs is the way to do it.

Why?

Unless they have special characteristics or cash bonus - no one will ever summon them.

Would really love to see proper summoning used in game - but I am sure adding more mobs is the way to do it.

Personaly I would love to see the rest of the furs used in summoning. I might be the only one that dont sit endlessly at gypsum ( al though I do mix stones) and lv's my summoning skill at the arenas. Also now we have the new summon #day Im sure a lot of ppl would summon them ( I bet there is a lot of players with tons of these furs stuck in there sto).

Well, as much as I'd love more kitty summons- it's too late now, since the Maia quest has put the price of those furs to 20gc

However, these particular creatures are the animals with the highest a/d in game, and facing a fierce tiger with high toughness and 72/44 a/d, or a group of leopards with 78/48 a/d wouldn't be easy on just anyone

Obviously, fighters have much higher levels now, and since the formula for summons were invented a few years back the effect/cost ratio isn't the same.

There's a thread with some interesting thoughts on summoning by TigerClaw here http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53265

Since then one thing has been changed: tank rabbits summon in pairs now- and thus they have become very useful in a few situations, because they require only 5 EMU/pair for ings (+30 mana) and are hard to hit. The second strongest non-enriched summonable, as of now, is still the polar bear.

The summons using rare ings (Yeti, ACW, Giant...) are quite powerful, but because of their high cost you would use them only once in a blue moon.

@Raz:

why do we mix stones? Most of us do it to get the levels. I'm not sure if i love Tanta that much as to mix LEs, SR pots and sit at gypsum for days just to sell half of my stones to her because people can't really afford them.

And YES!! agreed on the extra effects! would be a big incentive to have some from these :)

True sight for falcon has been suggested, panther may have some extra camouflage, tiger could have BP perk.

Alternatively, they could be mixed into another kind of stone.

In any case, it requires some careful thinking to make up changes that will really improve the given situation.

@bromber:

just a week ago, yes they would have burnt all their kitty furs in a summon arena on xtra XP #day, but since last server update i'm sure everyone is pretty uptight about them

Edited by aredhel

Since the NPC is experimenting with summoning of tigers, black panthers and leopards next step should be having the animals summonable by players. There are no animals summonable for animal nexus level 4 so they may fit there.

Sounds like a good idea to me if it is somewhat cost efficient.

Why?

Not all of us have 5 animal nexus for stones. Stones are for leveling and sale, not for use. Some will use summoning to hunt.

Not many have animal 2 even! Adding another few mobs for animal 4 .. wont change much the summoning :closedeyes: And summoning only rats .. is quite boring and not a purpose for some players.. i am saying this from what i saw and heard there and there. I like very much summoning even if i got only animal 2 but would love to be able to summon different mobs.. problem is the nexus and at the moment i cant really have it for making stones, thou i learned all the books and have the level do to it.. :unsure:

But yes adding some more mobs.. will be great, maybe making a mix between animal and magic nexus to be able to summon them ? :whistle:

i have tonnes of leopard fur but i back aredhels point i do think it is too late gc wise the new daily has made demand for alot of items so unless you dont hunt the furs your self it could be expensive that being said it would make sense for all animals to be summoned