Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Global advantages

- Let daily quest givers give out only the better quests (depending on your level), i.e. no killing rats, if you can get the kill tigers quest.

- Reduced numbers for daily quests (25 tigers instead of 30)

- Less damage from harvesting events.

- A small chance to get 3x exp from a successful regular mix attempt.

- Reduced chance of poisoning from using red toadstool.

- Faster respawns

Apart from what has already been said:

Slightly increased carrying capacities

Nexus required to make stuff slightly decreased

Mass GIWS style invasions on a few specific maps

Researching speed up

No more special days please - with recent abundance "special" ceases to be special :D

- Let daily quest givers give out only the better quests (depending on your level), i.e. no killing rats, if you can get the kill tigers quest.

This should be done irrelevant of the proposed global advantages.

No other MMO that I know of has you doing daily quests that are 'way under your level'.

A special day is rewarded based on a points system. e.g. for 1000 points you award a random special day and everyone who completes the quest generates a small random number of points towards this total. Global announcement made 10 minutes before the start of the day to let everyone know how the total is going.

You could offer a choice at the end of the quest for xp to go to a particular skill, the person completing the quest gets 5k xp and everyone else globally gets 50 xp in that skill.

Happy Hour - half price drinks at any tavern from 1:30-2:30 or something like that

Student Appreciation - If you make a rare item in a school, you actually get to keep it and get normal/double xp for it.

+1 of a random nexus to everyone (chosen at the time of the quest's completion)

+1 of a random sub-attribute to everyone (chosen at the time of the quest's completion)

Have a mine or set of spawns that has something that people want, and is in attractive location. If x conditions are not met the monsters/pirates have control of it and it can't be used. If conditions are met players get to use it.

Make Unicorn killeable. Muahuahauuaahhauuu.

It drops several invasion tokens, p2p coupons, shop discount, nexus transfer, and other stuff too :P

Make reward vary according to the month.

Do not know what is difficult to do for programmers but as an example next month is Vesepia which is "Month of suffering and betrayal. Many deaths as supplies run out. End of winter/rain season." Reward could include raised prices paid by NPC for fruit, vegetables, raw meat, and other items; random NPC clerics wandering around giving free healing (sort of like the Joker) trying to cut down on deaths; etc.

That's a neat idea, Saxum :)

That's a neat idea, Saxum :)

I intended to post suggestion that months affect game more with pluses and minuses in game more (i.e. no acid rain in summer dry month) but have not had time to work it all up so I just piggybacked part of idea onto this thread.

I love this idea and I'd love to see it in game.

Better deals at npcs. (cheaper when buying, more when selling.. 5% or so)

That's what I was thinking about myself. Though, instead of global price changes I was thinking more about solution similar to the one implemented in HoMM series.

A week of...

• sulphur/gold/diamonds - NPC buying/selling minerals offer better price for those who buy/sell it (e.g. 10%)
  • arrows/bow/etc. - NPC buysing selling some basic items offer better price for those who buy/sell it (10% as well

Additionally, I think that effects of some good days could be extended for a whole week. To avoid abusing it I was considering making it last for 15-30 minutes at time, but repeat randomly throughout whole week. In my opinion it would add some touch to the game without encouraging mindless grinding. In the same time it would allow for using even the most 'powerful' days, e.g. sun-tzu.

Just ideas:

+All or one type of harvestable is doubled for the month. Like all plants, all types of ore, or minerals, etc.

+Talk to Wraith and he grants you the option to remove or try one perk for the month.

Another idea: There is small chance that new day will be duble special day, I mean that it would be merge of 2 random special days, e.g. Tzu and No Rosto, etc.

Lots of good ideas in this thread. Tossing in a couple more:

Half-food usage while running, or even no food used. You still need the potion to start, but it would reduce/eliminate the amount of food you need to carry with you.

Half (or no) food usage while polymorphed. Same idea allowing you to take on the form without the need for lots/any creature food.

for some time after completing a global quest (a week? a month?) and only in this period we can use some special stones or so that gives different special bonuses: e.g. some perks for a delimited time (1 hour of NMT; a day of MM; and so on - to be decided if you can take more than one perk). those stones could be mixed also in normal periods and of course will be one-use only. To make more complex, you can make a first global quest in wich you can ONLY mix those items (and/or find them as a random drop for every creature - higher creature could mean higher chance of drop) for a certain time (maybe only two days?), and then do another global quest in wich you can USE that stones/items. To be decided if you can have multiple, different temporary bonuses or only one per time.

those stones could be of lots of different benefits, also the ones readed in this thread (eg temporary rise food benefits; give a lower chance of drop items when dying, lowering or cancelling the harvesting mini eventis; and, why not, att def bonuses; etc). With this system you can choose what personal benefit you could have from the special global quest, and maybe we could have also a good market for that stones :whistle: