Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Global advantages

I want to implement some sort of global quests, where a multitude of tasks must be completed. Stuff like find x objects, or kill x monsters (similar to Novac/Haidir), bring this many items (kind of like Manole) for some global benefit for everyone.

Depending on the quest type and benefit, they will probably reset every month or so, so you will need to do it again. There will probably be some variations and stuff, to keep it fun.

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of global benefits do you suggest? Obviously, we can't have a whole month of Sun Tzu, so come up with ideas.

Increase gold carried by mobs by a slight percentage <Mixed feelings, someone had to suggest it>, Increase the rate of "stones" being harvested. Two cents.

Increase rate of rare item production. Increase amount of EMU everyone can carry by small percentage. Increase Food max by 5 or so.

Increase (or decrease) the size of creatures. With or without an accompanying att/def increase or decrease.

This idea brought to you by the changing size of the Ants.

Edited by Brom

a little more xp from everything you do maybe? higher make/find rare rate? both brom and alddra's ideas are nice too. Love the idea of more community teamwork btw. :icon13:

Edited by Nova

I would vote for no mini events while harvesting :whistle: .

Second! At least decrease its frequency, those buggers are annoyance without medallion. Perhaps even reconsidering their presence and their future removal would also be at least nice to think about...

Increased rate of good special days. Maybe just the rate of good versus bad days.

And I also like the ideas Alddra and Nova posted, have mixed feelings as to the idea Brom posted.

Eternal Sunshine - a week without night

Happy Hour - every hour some taverns offer a limited amount of free drinks. You have to find them, of course.

Free Flights - for a given time, there is a chance, that teleport spells and the trip to C2 does not cost essences/money

Tourist Leonard - Lenny just goes exploring for a given time, and does not attack.

Fruitful Harvest - fruits give for a given amount of time twice food points.

Global Warming - no more cold damage for a week.

Old Times - no cooldown for a week.

Joker is an attention whore - Joker gives hints about his location in channel 6 for a week.

Edited by The_Piper

LOve this idea a whole lot. The benefit will likely be the hardest part of the idea, I would guess..

So I guess the benefit will last for a month?

I like the slight extra exp idea, I think eliminating Mini Events might be to drastic, as it'll make Non Stop Day useless for the month (I think?), maybe decrease the chance slightly (although this idea doesn't benefit everyone really..).

The increase chance in a good day seems like a great idea.

Increased Walking Speed sounds pr0, but would make speed Hax useless?

Someone mentioned less cool down, that would be nice. Decreased mana cost in spells (if possible) could be nice too

Increased XP for a specific skill perhaps related to the quest. Say Aluwen requested monsters be killed to defend Draia then if accomplished everyone gets bonus Def. XP for awhile as a blessing.

Or discounted book sales xD

Also something with platinum coins always wanted to use them.

lucky stars week

- slight increase in gc drop

- slight decrease in crit fail rate

The percentage depends on the speed with which the task is completed (within reason).

Neither of these are part of a special day now.

+/- monster HP by a certain percentage (5-10%)

No cooldowns for a month is a bit drastic, so

Half cooldown time on items

Double Queen of Nature bless EXP and/or double the amount of ticks of harv EXP (instead of 110 or 120, whatever it is now, 220 or 240 with the monthly bonus)

Edited by DeadlyTears

Only good astro, no poison , lower cool down, higher emu, and i do like the idea of slight increase in rare drop/find/produce rate or exp. Since not everyone fights and not everyone harvests i think these make the most sense to help everyone.

No one mentioned it, so I will add: have a global quest where you have to carry (globally) a certain large amount of dung to an NPC. When you succeed, veggies, fruit and toads will give 20, 25 and 15 food respectively (instead of 15, 20 and 10 as usual) for the month.

Maybe some "Feed the monster" quests that appeal to different levels. Examples could be:

"Feed the goblins" - causing goblins to be peacefull thus allowing new players to roam PL or go for books in Naralik

"Feed the chickens" - causing cockatrices to drop slightly more or perhaps drop other items than usual

"Feed Lenny" - making C2 night travel safe for low levels

Decreases in:

mini events

damage done by negative harv events

distance between UW spawn point and exit

Lenny camouflage or tendency to attack

Nenorocit tendency to change map, or Neno max health

chance of bad day

spawn time length of daily quest creatures

length of nights

Increases in:

chance of good day

more gold/mother nature blessings/extra harv xp (% when event occurs, not frequency of events)

chance to find SOME stones while harvesting

speed of cooldown on food, or foodpoints given when you eat fruit/meat/etc.

mob loot

Other:

1. bags begin to appear randomly around both continents, with varying contents (joker style). these bags could have a unique color as to be easily identified.

2. WS unicorn begins announcing the map Neno/Lenny are currently on at a fixed interval