Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elf_Ninja

Kaos Bag jump warning

If you were involved with this situation you wouldn't need it explained to you. :)

another great explanation :whistle:

This is my last post on this topic. Enjoy and have fun :hiya:

Lillaka :wub:

see? how i'm supposed to control that? :P

1) IG messages are visible for every Guildie.

2) If you are not online, you should have a way to be informed (Guild Forum/mercator message etc). (the meaning is that you are a part of a guild and therefor you have to be informed about the acting of the guild)

2a) In an efficient guild, informations like bj/red tag/bans etc should be shared.

3) If you didn't identify your char to the behavior of the guild, maybe leave the guild ?

3a) If you are GM and didn't want to assume such acting, kick the bjmpers.

And after that, "how i'm supposed to control that" is not an argument. Or explain why you can't control that.

Finally:

This is a game :omg:

I hate bj :hehe:

Hudge kisses to Elssar :hug:

My little dog needs to go out haunting cats :mace:

Wow I love points 1 and 2. You're basically saying she has to set her alarm to wake up every 10 minutes to check for possible happenings whilst sound asleep. lolol.

Wow I love points 1 and 2. You're basically saying she has to set her alarm to wake up every 10 minutes to check for possible happenings whilst sound asleep. lolol.

A responsible guild master, bah, a responsible guildie NEVER sleeps. A responsible member of a guild is keeping watch over his/her less responsible guildies... does it make a responsible guildie Chuck Norris or just very close to him?

She's GM. If someone has a complaint about her guild it is reasonable for them to assume she might do something about it. Someone who was on at the time of the problem had chat logs, most guilds have bots and bots have chat logs. It's not impossible to find out things.

If someone doesn't want responsibility for stuff like that: make a noob char, give it the 20, make everyone else the same rank (6,10, 19, whatever) and give them all the password to the GM noob character. Then you have a guild that is responsible for itself.

She's GM. If someone has a complaint about her guild it is reasonable for them to assume she might do something about it. Someone who was on at the time of the problem had chat logs, most guilds have bots and bots have chat logs. It's not impossible to find out things.

If someone doesn't want responsibility for stuff like that: make a noob char, give it the 20, make everyone else the same rank (6,10, 19, whatever) and give them all the password to the GM noob character. Then you have a guild that is responsible for itself.

The problem is with the definition of what a guild is. What you call a guild is one thing, what I call a guild is something completely different. Do not expect everybody to use your measures. What are responsibilities of a guild master differs between guilds as well. Is it that difficult to accept?

Moreover, what forever point out is a suggestion a guild master should be constantly monitoring #gm/@guild/etc. without taking into consideration such trivial matters like sleeping or working.

PS. My guild has a bot. We do not have chat logs. Geee, we are a mere minority. We ain't worth, eh?

What you call a guild is one thing, what I call a guild is something completely different. Do not expect everybody to use your measures.

Thanks for making answering you so easy. You did it yourself in your own post.

It is still reasonable for people to expect she might do something about the guild she created and runs. I didn't say I expected it of her, I didn't say she should. I said that she shouldn't be suprised if people come to her asking about the antics of the guild she is GM of. Then I made a suggestion about what she could do so that no one at all would expect anyone in the guild to do anything about anyone else's behavior but their own.

Moreover (wonder why I feel like I am repeating myself here) I simply pointed out that there are ways of finding out what went on when you are sleeping or working even if you don't get chat logs from your bot.

What just happened here was a free exchange of ideas. I think it helps solve problems not exacerbate them like thinly veiled flame posts.

Uch , I dont get it .

This is disputes.

Kaos bagjumped an bag, there is solid proof. guild doesnt do anything about it.

And also didn't say those who got bagjumped are somekind of enemies. soo...

Kaos is badass bagjumpers guild. fact !!!

Thats how its always bin in EL , just read back all those posts about this topic.

And for the mayority bagjumping is something different then being an ass!

So for those who dont like bagjumpers they get the warning to look out for them. *point*

Isnt this what disputes is for ???

Who like to take action they do that and who doesnt wont.

Btw pushing for going offtopic by an mod made me real LOL'd.

I thought that this was disputes ! place to give players a warning and not some kind of discusion platform.

I thought that this was disputes ! place to give players a warning and not some kind of discusion platform.

I would think on a forum every thread in every section would be a platform for discussion, within a degree of topic bounds.

@Nova

best to not take Vanyel seriously, even when he's being serious.

I would think on a forum every thread in every section would be a platform for discussion, within a degree of topic bounds.

Yes you are right!

Bag jumping has always been a problem but the thing is 50k sulfur or how ever much it was, between 4+ people is not worth it. Personally id rather have respect than 5-15k sulfur or any value bag for that matter. The names mentioned I personally didn't trust anyway some more than others however I don't see what the need was to drag aislar into the topic. That being said aislar could of acted on the matter by kicking the members which most would do but so could the other high ranked members.

obviously it's up to the high ranked members in kaos guild but i think you should regain a bit of pride and kick the guys who were involved. but yeah thats just my opinion.

im sure they would change what they did if they could (well some of them probably would).

community spirit ftw! :P

Was contacted by Jay and Pokey this evening about returning their part in the sulfur bag jump. Pokey has returned his and I have updated the first post. I will also update again once I receive the sulfur from Jay.

Easy to criticise when ppl bagjump, but says a lot more where they try to put things right afterwards.

I think Aislar deserves a lot of credit as I'm kind of guessing she's done a lot of work 'behind the scenes'.

Edited by themuntdregger

Aislar must be a politician. She successfully made her guildies make ammends for bagjumping without actually admitting it, and everybody's happy. Nice one girl :icon13:

Edited by EaglePrince

wow im gone for a few days and the post blows up.

id respond back about the being better than others comment but im on a very lousy computer getting 10 fps.