Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

bot quesations

Hey i started a topic about where i can keep asking questions and not start a new topis each time...

If i have a bot with nothing on it and want to sell something from one of my accounts, then sell everything and empty the bot all the way, can i use the bot to sell things for a differant account?

1. You are asking about interpretation of the rules. I would suggest asking directly to mods, not just post at random on the forum. You can use the #help_me command for that.
  2. No mod will answer such a vague question without first asking more details, and adding caveats, and inquirying about exact circumstances, etc. Again, it is much better to discuss such a issues online, it could take forever in forums.
  3. The general principle is: if you try to use the bot to go around rule 5, both your accounts and the bot will be banned. I cannot tell about your exact case though, see point 2 above.

Edit: typos. I hate them. :P

Edited by Usl

sorry, didnt think that was vague...

im buying a bot this weekend and before i use it with Orick i have considered selling Inferno storage and selling the GC... if i dont use it on orick untill everything from inferno is off of the bot is that breaking rule 5?

If so does that mean i have to sell the bot and then buy another one for Orick?

And i dont have a comp to log on the game during the week so that is why i am useing the forums... last i checked mods read the forums as well

As far as I know the bot can only be linked to one char and only that char is allowed to deal with the bot.

So the char you have set up as the owner of the bot is the only one that can use it not alts, so if Char 1 is the owner and the alt Char 2 uses the bot too it will be considerd multiplaying.

This is what i have heard anyways.

As far as I know the bot can only be linked to one char and only that char is allowed to deal with the bot.

So the char you have set up as the owner of the bot is the only one that can use it not alts, so if Char 1 is the owner and the alt Char 2 uses the bot too it will be considerd multiplaying.

Best to not post speculation or what you've 'heard'.

I know the answer to the question (because i asked it myself some time ago), but i'll let mods/radu answer nonetheless.

Best to not post speculation or what you've 'heard'.

I know the answer to the question (because i asked it myself some time ago), but i'll let mods/radu answer nonetheless.

True it is what i have heard and I posted it only because I don't want Orick to do something wrong and get in trouble and if he only trades with the bot with the char that the bot belongs to he will be on the safe side atleast, I should have posted a "needs a verification from the mods/Radu" in it perhaps, tell us what you know is true and save the mods/Radu some time in answering here.

To tired and in a bad mood so edited a bit..

Edited by Entris

* You are asking about interpretation of the rules. I would suggest asking directly to mods, not just post at random on the forum. You can use the #help_me command for that.

* No mod will answer such a vague question without first asking more details, and adding caveats, and inquirying about exact circumstances, etc. Again, it is much better to discuss such a issues online, it could take forever in forums.

* The general principle is: if you try to use the bot to go around rule 5, both your accounts and the bot will be banned. I cannot tell about your exact case though, see point 2 above.

It looks now to me that they are not suposto answer this question... seeing how wizzy and Usl posted the same thing... and looking at there group setting on there profile

@ Orick.

Not not supposed to. Read (and read) below.

* No mod will answer such a vague question without first asking more details, and adding caveats, and inquirying about exact circumstances, etc. Again, it is much better to discuss such a issues online, it could take forever in forums.

* I cannot tell about your exact case though, see point 2 above.

In other words, they need more detail, and as these things are a case by case interpretation, they would rather players be answered ingame that way forums doesn't have a record of it. So someone in the future who erroneously believes their case is similar and will be acceptable will read and self verify themselves. (Not to mention rules do change slightly from time to time as well)

At least, that is my (partial) interpretation of the answers.

* No mod will answer such a vague question without first asking more details

So why aren't you and Usl asking for more details?

Anyways, guess I'll take Entris suggestion and state what i was told.

I was told I can use my bot with any of my chars so long as it doesn't encroach on rule 5.

Exactly the process I use and what I was told is ok is as follows:

1. Korrode completely empties Adversary (my bot) of all items (incl. storage)

2. Revik (my alt) starts using Adversary to buy and sell stuff.

3. Revik completely empties Adversary.

4. Korrode starts using Adversary to buy and sell again.

i.e. absolutely no items or gc from one char is in Adversary's possession when the other char is using him.

I don't know if such a stringent approach is mandatory, but this way there's no chance of even accidental rule 5 breaking.

Edited by Korrode

It looks now to me that they are not suposto answer this question... seeing how wizzy and Usl posted the same thing... and looking at there group setting on there profile

No, it is not that, It is in fear that someone else will read what is here and the interpret it in their own way and then go off and get themselves locked and their bot. We would rather look carefully at each case like this and be sure that the person is clear. Cover all the angles so to speak.

k, thanks wizzy and korrode, i will take this matter up in a more secure means(ingame), thanks for the help.. nad for helping me understand a lil more as to why an answer was not just given upfront