Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShYne

Pipes

I was thinking maybe just for looks. You guys can create smoking pipes. You can make it from Yew and it possibly go under the crafting skill. And you can even make Tobacco a harvestable item.

They would look a little bit like this:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/565326/2/istockphoto_565326_antique_opium_pipe.jpg

sure,and after that,you will want weed and tobacco aswell,right? after you will smoke too much weed,you will see RD against rabbit ;p

Then a negative perk - addiction. Gives you an AddictoMeter to HUD and whenever it goes below 0 you start getting damage. Having it -30 would hurt big time. You could increase the meter by smoking tobacco or eating shrooms. Having the perk would cause too big amount of shrooms to make everything colourful. Would also suggest a person to be able to consume alcohol if they took the perk, but too much would end up with problems controlling character, becoming PKAble or sudden death (pass out and get eaten by monsters.)

Alcohol consumption could also result in lowered a/d (by percentage) but increased criticals against you.

Original idea is nice. I wouldn't worry about "will somebody think of the children!" -aspect.

you will see RD against rabbit ;p

ahhh that common misconception (amongst the conservative and the sheltered) that weed is a hallucinogen, funny stuff. :pirate:

Edited by Korrode

IMHO, adding smoking to the game would not be very appropriate.

you will see RD against rabbit ;p

ahhh that common misconception (amongst the conservative and the sheltered) that weed is a hallucinogen, funny stuff. :pirate:

While many drugs clearly fall into the category of either stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogen, cannabis exhibits a mix of all properties, perhaps leaning the most towards hallucinogenic or psychedelic properties, though with other effects quite pronounced as well.
Source:Wikipedia

Let's not deceive ourselves. There is a reason certain activities are frowned upon in most of the (so-called conservative) world, no matter how much some celebrities choose to promote them.

Edited by EaglePrince

Well I smoked weed daily for over 7 years (but have not smoked regularly for over 3 years now), so i think i have some idea.

I guess it depends on the definition of hallucinogen, so i'll re-phrase: weed will not make you have visual hallucinations.

Also, as for being frowned upon, marijuana is easily 'less bad' than alcohol.

I'd love to debate about it, but obviously it'd be off topic here... maybe we can make a thread in OT section. :)

have a few smokes, THEN talk EP ;) I hear there is a big LNX convention going down in Amsterdam. Perhaps some field research is in order.

Edited by Nova