Eternal Lands Official Forums

Well, after todays neno hunt, a player bag jumped the bag, The day did change automaticly, which is a very nice feature, though I would like to make a suggestion to better enhance the neno hunting experince.

Have neno immune to bombs until, a team of 5-10 players stand next to a Neno hunting npc. Sort of like the instance teams need to do. All players in that team join a secret channel. and start the hunt.

When neno is dead, team goes back to npc and the one that started the hunt talks to npc to get the gc's reward.

This will provide safety from bag jumpers and make the neno hunt more enjoyable. And I suppose it will only allow 1 team at a time to hunt the neno.

Just some ideas to make it more fun

Wiz

Well, after todays neno hunt, a player bag jumped the bag, The day did change automaticly, which is a very nice feature, though I would like to make a suggestion to better enhance the neno hunting experince.

Have neno immune to bombs until, a team of 5-10 players stand next to a Neno hunting npc. Sort of like the instance teams need to do. All players in that team join a secret channel. and start the hunt.

When neno is dead, team goes back to npc and the one that started the hunt talks to npc to get the gc's reward.

This will provide safety from bag jumpers and make the neno hunt more enjoyable. And I suppose it will only allow 1 team at a time to hunt the neno.

Just some ideas to make it more fun

Wiz

Sorry, but the neno hunt is NOT a quest or instance on purpose. I feel that the community needs to come up with ways to address issues and maybe change the hunting style to watch & protect against troublemakers.

I tend to agree with you fully learner, Though it seems there is a neno hunting strike in progress,And they are calling for the accused players head on a plater. :evilgrin:

The problem is bigger than the neno hunt itself. It was not just a random player who took a bag.

I personally do not see this suggestion as the solution.

well, its a special group fun and experience to hunt such creatures, the way it was made was completely new to what i saw in el, and i guess its the special excitement killing such a creature, the drop is just a top on the feeling you have playing such game....maybe make an automatic gathering to the leader of the hunting gang, or make the bag special locked so you need a special key to open it ?

Well, what good is to jump day stone for anyway? I mean, it doesn't matter, who uses it, everyone gets the benefit of it... And I don't like to make more hurdles for ordinary players just because some jerk makes a bad move (speaking in general, if you control something too much, only the law-abiding will usually get punished for that, villains always gets through no matter what sanctions are in the progress...)

Well, what good is to jump day stone for anyway? I mean, it doesn't matter, who uses it, everyone gets the benefit of it... And I don't like to make more hurdles for ordinary players just because some jerk makes a bad move (speaking in general, if you control something too much, only the law-abiding will usually get punished for that, villains always gets through no matter what sanctions are in the progress...)

Neno also drops 50k gc's which the hunting team really like to have to help pay for all the supplies in the hunt.

The stone (as long as it is not already a special day) gets used automaticly upon the monsters death.

Edited by Wizzy

Neno also drops 50k gc's which the hunting team really like to have to help pay for all the supplies in the hunt.

The stone (as long as it is not already a special day) gets used automaticly upon the monsters death.

One non-restrictive thing could be done about that. Under e.g. 200 HP, Neno will become attackable as usual monster, that way, you can use gatherer and finish him the usual close combat way. You would still need to use sappery tactics to get him down to 200 HP, yet the part of finishing him without engagement in combat would be gone... I know, this could be abused as usual, but if you make Neno as strong as Trice or Yeti, that could eliminate many troublemakers IMO...

Make the gcs/dropped stone automatically go into the inventory of the person who deployed the mines/caltops that made the most damage (cumulative of course). So if person A deploys mines and gets it down to 200 then person B deploys mines and kills the nenorocit, person A gets the drop.

One non-restrictive thing could be done about that. Under e.g. 200 HP, Neno will become attackable as usual monster, that way, you can use gatherer and finish him the usual close combat way. You would still need to use sappery tactics to get him down to 200 HP, yet the part of finishing him without engagement in combat would be gone... I know, this could be abused as usual, but if you make Neno as strong as Trice or Yeti, that could eliminate many troublemakers IMO...

Decent idea.

Sorry, but the neno hunt is NOT a quest or instance on purpose. I feel that the community needs to come up with ways to address issues and maybe change the hunting style to watch & protect against troublemakers.

Maybe this 'on purpose' decision should be reconsidered.

Maybe, just maybe, allowing one player to ruin the fun of others to this degree isn't the best gameplay design.

Even I think that protecting Neno hunters should be protected against bagjumpers. There´s a distinct difference between the neno bag, and any sort of other bag. Deathbags are usually the result of someone not using a rosto, or not paying attention to an NPC that warns them. Harvest-mix bags and hyperbags give a substantial advantage to the person using them, the risk should still be there. The result of a neno bag benefits everyone online. If not at that very moment, then at a later time when the stone gets used. The gc it drops is only a small reward for resources and time invested and seen as the real benefit of the drop (being the special day, or a bad day that can be removed), nobody should have the possibility to get to the little financial reward the hunting team gets.

i think the people who did the work to kill it should get the gc...

And how would you implement that?

Who did the work to kill it?

The ppl who made the mines, the ppl who placed the mines, the ppl who blocked the Neno?

Questions, nothing but questions...

Piper

For a programmatic solution, you use the most feasible; damage counter.

Or, in the case of the Neno, Radu could just be like "no one is allowed to 'bagjump' the Neno drop bag". I know Radu himself brought up the idea of exceptions to the usual rules for the Neno... i'd rather the game engine provide the solution, but whatever.

Maybe as an idea remove the gc drop completely and just have it do nice special days?

This time we just lost 50k gc, no biggie. Next time we could lose a #day stone to a bagjumper -> unacceptable risk

For a programmatic solution, you use the most feasible; damage counter.

Or, in the case of the Neno, Radu could just be like "no one is allowed to 'bagjump' the Neno drop bag". I know Radu himself brought up the idea of exceptions to the usual rules for the Neno... i'd rather the game engine provide the solution, but whatever.

Combination of damage counter (we have that in gatherer medallion) and automatic picking up of drops (again in gatherer medallion). That could be applied to Neno, that who placed the most mines, which have hurt Neno will automatically get a drop inside his inventory, when the Nenorocit is in certain range of him (so if he logs off, leave the map or whatever else, he is out of the game). If that person is not available for this, either a standart drop bag could appear or there could be like three counters for three most damageful sappers hurting Neno or whatever else...

Combination of damage counter (we have that in gatherer medallion)

It may be more coding than it appears though. We know damage can be tracked for a melee combat session, but damage from mines/ranging/etc. doesn't have a 'session' in the same fashion, well, i doubt it does.

Edited by Korrode

Combination of damage counter (we have that in gatherer medallion)

It may be more coding than it appears though. We know damage can be tracked for a melee combat session, but damage from mines/ranging/etc. doesn't have a 'session' in the same fashion, well, i doubt it does.

Well, I'm not a programmer, so I can only come up with "common sense logic" :) But since every mine has a flag of who put it (engineering level based damage), it only needs to mark if that particular mine/caltrop/heap of dung really did damage to Neno, no?

Well, I'm not a programmer, so I can only come up with "common sense logic" :) But since every mine has a flag of who put it (engineering level based damage), it only needs to mark if that particular mine/caltrop/heap of dung really did damage to Neno, no?

Indeed, it needs to be entity-based tracking (as opposed to melee 'session-based' tracking).

If it was implemented globally, every existing entity would then retain damage tracking information, could impact server resource usage... I make no claims of being a highly capable coder either, so I can't say for sure.

Can't we just raise 1 million gc to p00f and make someone pkable until "he" dies a certain amount of times? :D Oh, I think that would be worth it.

Best suggestion is the group of people at the NPC to "start" the hunt and go back for reward when finished.

Edited by Lexi