Eternal Lands Official Forums
Xaphier

Increasing NPC prices

125 members have voted

1. 1. Should the npc's sell items at higher prices so stuff is mixed instead of bought?

• Yes, increase the prices.
    • Yes, increase the prices,, but only for items worth more than 10k
    • No, npc item prices are ok.
    • The npc's should not sell items worth more than 10k when they can be mixed
    • The npc's should not sell items that can be mixed

I would like to hear you opinion, so please no flaming. I know that it would increase the prices for all the items that are mainly bought from npc instead of mixed.

things are expensive enough for players who do not own bots ( not that every bot owner is rich however I cannot stay logged in 24 hours a day buying items underpriced and selling them overpriced, so in that respect they have an advantage on me ) or frequent the EL shop, im not saying that either of those are a bad thing , but your average joe gamer who cannot spend 12 hours a day on EL, would only see an increase in prices from end products from raising NCP prices

many items are currently sold at borderline NCP anyway, and raising NCP would be an excuse to hike prices once more because '' NCP sells for....''

I voted npc prices are ok. I also fully agree with elgoran. Static npc prices are our last line of defense against inflation. Npc prices should never change. It's not the regular player's fault bot owners like to jack up binding prices every once in a while for no valid reasson what so ever.

Voted for NPC prices are OK.

And yes, the NPCs are the ultimate defense against inflation.

Also noted that there are only one poll option which disagrees with the submitter point of view (i.e. NPCs prices are too low, and compete with mixers), and many which agrees.

Npc prices should never change.

I would agree that NPC prices should not be changed to try and modify the market. They make a good upper/lower limit for buying/selling items.

On the other hand, I'm not sure some old NPCs have ever been updated and there are some prices that are really poorly set and could use adjustment to make them more reasonable. I think a review of ALL the NPC prices would be in order with spot corrections for specific items that are not consistent with other similar items.

The only problem with that is it's a lot of work, and it's not "sexy" like adding some new feature. That gets it pushed pretty far down the priority list.

If you like over-priced items,you can start play at PK server, there are prices so expansive, js 80kgc+ here and i think,it would be similiar here,the prices here are at least anyhow capped, so voted prices are ok

Voted for NPC prices are OK.

And yes, the NPCs are the ultimate defense against inflation.

Also noted that there are only one poll option which disagrees with the submitter point of view (i.e. NPCs prices are too low, and compete with mixers), and many which agrees.

I was not sure what other options to give to disagree.

Edit: Removed misunderstandings

Edited by Xaphier

If you like over-priced items,you can start play at PK server, there are prices so expansive, js 80kgc+ here and i think,it would be similiar here,the prices here are at least anyhow capped, so voted prices are ok

Could you please stay on topic?

Imo it was on topic.

Anyway I voted for "NPC prices are OK" too. Same reasons as mentioned many times before.

I was not sure what other options to give to disagree.
Hmm, the prices on NPC are actually too high for some items?

NPC should pay more for certain items?

Those 2 options would balance your poll a bit.

Also, there are many people who don't take anti to buy vials, thread, etc. If the prices of some key items are increased, then the penalty for taking anti is lessened. Also, it makes to level in some skills more difficult and expensive.

Edited by Lorck

mmm why no?

we reduce the cost of any items for example the iron, i remember when the cost of iron was 3-3.5 and the great sword the cost was 25 - 30 kgc.

I think we should lower the price of ores, sulfur and coal at npc's to barely above the price the players charge so that the bars and FE prices won't inflate too much. Most of the inflation is due to power levelers who pay way too much for their ingreds and give the ingreds suppliers the greedy idea to charge everyone more for them. Screw the supply and demand inflation bullcrap and make them sink their money right out of the game instead by buying from npc's if they need the stuff more than the players supplying ingreds can supply them. Yes, I know that this may cut down the income potential for harvesting services for some items, but they should simply get more orders for other items which can be got ahold of easy enough.

Actually I think it would be good to lower the NPC prices for ores and minerals under the market price. Like 2,3gc for silver, 2gc for coal etc. People, who don't need them asap, would just haul them from NPC and harvers can still sell them for current prices to people, who are too lazy/busy to haul them from NPC.

Actually I think it would be good to lower the NPC prices for ores and minerals under the market price. Like 2,3gc for silver, 2gc for coal etc. People, who don't need them asap, would just haul them from NPC and harvers can still sell them for current prices to people, who are too lazy/busy to haul them from NPC.

Just go to NPC with a good load of food and FE. Will remove huge loads of gc from game. The ore that enter game is turned to bars - swords - hydro - nexus - pp. Epic sink.

Just go to NPC with a good load of food and FE. Will remove huge loads of gc from game. The ore that enter game is turned to bars - swords - hydro - nexus - pp. Epic sink.

Oops true, didn't think it that way.

After thinking about it some though, with the inflation practices that there are in the game, even if the npc prices were set above the current market prices for ores and minerals and essences, the prices from players would inflate to a point just above npc prices and then they would call the difference a "convenience fee".

Dugur, you forgot coal. The only reason why this didn't already happen is because npc prices are so high above player prices right now that only a lunatic would buy any ingreds from an npc. Basically, nobody buys ingreds or sells ingreds to npc's. It is one of the first things we tell the newbs because we know their prices are screwed up.

I would personally love it if Radu had a way to easily update the npc prices and even have a special day that gave discounts on npc prices. I have the feeling it is not a trivial thing for him to do.

It will be not easy to find a fair way, some stuff need to incrase on NPC and a lot also need decrase for example here somting out from my view:

Essences much to high on NPC and ppl can not do so many ess as u need

Here the price need to be go down on NPC:

Fe NPC price 9gc but Market is ~ 4gc

Me Npc 20gc Market ~7 gc

De NPC 20gc Market ~14 gc

etc.

Here the prise need to go up to make it worth to mix

All kinds of Arrows and Bolts (fire, ice. Magic)are so cheap on npc that it not worth to mix by a double price of the ings for it.

sorry about my bad englisch ;)

In my opinion, "The npc's should not sell items worth more than 10k when they can be mixed" and "The npc's should not sell items that can be mixed" is even worse that increasing NPC prices. Otherwise, we'll end up with a situation similar to what Koddy described.

We'll get stuck in a loop. At the moment, CoL is approaching NPC price of 100k. If NPC doesn't sell CoL anymore, the price will easily go over 100kgcs because most of the ings will be sold by people who can't mix CoL but simply want to sell ings at the highest price possible.

In fact that is one of the major problems now. People who can't mix the very expensive items *are* the ones who control the market ingredient prices.

Instead, why not reward high level manuers for example with better chance to find rare stones? More free stones for them = free ings means they can compete with NPC prices. A manuer isn't likely to sell the rare stone he/she found so no effect on market/inflation but is likely to mix something with it.

Edited by hussam

Dugur, you forgot coal. The only reason why this didn't already happen is because npc prices are so high above player prices right now that only a lunatic would buy any ingreds from an npc. Basically, nobody buys ingreds or sells ingreds to npc's. It is one of the first things we tell the newbs because we know their prices are screwed up.

I strongly recommend reading the post I quoted. I admire your failing skill.

I strongly recommend reading the post I quoted. I admire your failing skill.

I did read his post. The only reason why what he suggested has not happened is because of the massive gap between player prices and npc prices. If there was not so large of a gap, inflation would have made what he (Miiks) suggested or what I suggested in as later post very likely to happen. That npc price vs player price is so great though, it would take another 4 years for that gap to be closed.

The only difference between what he was thinking and what I proposed later was which price would be higher in the end. I had decided later that the player price might be slightly higher due to a "convenience fee" of being able to get the stuff put directly into storage instead of the hauling time to/from the npc.

It is hard to tell if mixing at the npc or mixing at storage would be more popular. That would be a factor in which (npc or player) price would be higher.

I did read his post. The only reason why what he suggested has not happened is because of the massive gap between player prices and npc prices.

Selective reading ftw. The only reason is that NPC prices are same as before.

Miiks mentions a situation with low NPC prices isn't that bad. I point out you'd just mix at NPC then. Inflation doesn't make NPC prices go down, as you say he said, which he didn't. In Miiks case you bring NPC price down, not wait for money value to decrease - the case which you are talking about.

I still admire the skillZ.

I did read his post. The only reason why what he suggested has not happened is because of the massive gap between player prices and npc prices.

Selective reading ftw. The only reason is that NPC prices are same as before.

Miiks mentions a situation with low NPC prices isn't that bad. I point out you'd just mix at NPC then. Inflation doesn't make NPC prices go down, as you say he said, which he didn't. In Miiks case you bring NPC price down, not wait for money value to decrease - the case which you are talking about.

I still admire the skillZ.

I don't know where you got that underlined part from. I did not say anything like that. You totally misunderstood what I was saying and I really don't want to bother trying to explain it to someone that just doesn't understand a single word I am saying.