Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lanjelin

Laptop w7-64

Hi,

I have 2 similar laptops on witch EL keeps crashing after 15-20 minutes. It seems the use of memory is increasing all the time and it crash after ca 1,6k kb use.

I have tried to find the newest drivers on ACER.com and they come up with driver: 8.741.1.6000 released 17 jan 2011.

I have tried several drivers "close" to my system but it did not helped. I have tried a newer driver which resulted that the videocard did not show anymore in the device manager (and still kept crashing so i went back to the driver mentioned above).

Acer Aspire Timeline X 5820 TG (europe)

Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Windows 7-64

i5 processor, 4gb ram.

Please is there anything i can do to avoid this?

Thank you

~Lan~

elcrashed.png

I had the same but not as predictable time wise..

I have installed the latest RC code and much more reliable performance - try that

I had the same but not as predictable time wise..

I have installed the latest RC code and much more reliable performance - try that

Ty Raz for replying, but i am not sure what RC code means.

~Lan~

I had the same trouble with my acer notebook sometime ago

It would seem the drivers for the ati card had a memory leak. I reverted to a slightly older driver and it worked fine.

Update your drivers from ati (not acer or windows) or try reverting to another.

See this thread

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50851&st=0&p=511227&hl=+memory%20+leak&fromsearch=1entry511227

I should add that this seems to be the same problem,as the leak would run about 15-20 mins before it crashed.

Edited by Wizzy

First laptop i have reset to how it came from the factory (there was nothing but el on it) as i had changed drivers so often that I wanted to get it clean again.

Fresh el install, fresh drivers (8.741.1.6). Seems to work all right now.

Second laptop I installed same drivers, but it did not come out that well. Persons on el looks "colourblocks", it turned normal with using poor man but memory still leaks, but not as fast. Wil try a little more and evt try to add these last patches.

@ Wizzy i tried drivers from ATI but had to remove them again as they did not work well. Wanted to ask ATI support but seems they do not support this graphic card.(Not in the list listed).

~Lan~

Edited by lanjelin

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this