Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raytray

Embezzled healing

Similar to Collateral Damage, and Radu's proposed Red Commie perk (If I see someone get gc from harv event, I will too).

But for healing. Essentially the premise of this perk is that if the perkholder sees any sort of healing (orange spam, restoration, potion, or etc), he too would be healed for the same amount. (Or for a fraction of the amount).

Some issues perceived is in pvp, and pve. It would make pvp far harder if the enemy has this perk. This is why it could be for a fraction of the healing amount.

If this is the route taken, I suggest the perk to cost roughly 7-8 pickpoints as it is very beneficial.

Though, to help remove the aforementioned problems, the perk could be done so it only takes affect when the perk holder is not in combat. (Harvesting, reading, mixing, etc will be fine), This would allow people to freeload healing while mixing. Because the benefit in these cases are not as good as in combat, I suggest the perk to cost roughly 1-3 pickpoints and heal the full amount. (If someone near the perkholder heals 185hp, I will too unless I have less than 185 hp missing).

Alternatively, the perk could also be implemented in such a way that it does not work in pk, but works in pve.

Clarifications:

If the perkholder heals himself, he does not heal himself for any bonus amount.

Both the perk holder, and the other player healing must be missing some health for the healing to be passed along.

edit: Credits for this idea goes to Finja, Guinevereanne and Kina.

Edited by Raytray

I think there would still be a problem of too much benefit to someone hunting people critters when there is someone else around. Just dis from combat, mooch off someone's restore, resume combat. It would be a very large saving in HE and SR. In an instance where the tank may often get teamed on by multiple critters and restoring all the time, this could reduce the costs of the instance to very little in the way of essies and SR. Radu would probably have a fit about that.

Perhaps if the person you mooch off of can't be in combat either, it would be better, but they could also dis and then you could mooch off of their restore. A cooldown of 1 minute would reduce the risk of combat related mooching a bit.

I think there would still be a problem of too much benefit to someone hunting people critters when there is someone else around. Just dis from combat, mooch off someone's restore, resume combat. It would be a very large saving in HE and SR. In an instance where the tank may often get teamed on by multiple critters and restoring all the time, this could reduce the costs of the instance to very little in the way of essies and SR. Radu would probably have a fit about that.Perhaps if the person you mooch off of can't be in combat either, it would be better, but they could also dis and then you could mooch off of their restore. A cooldown of 1 minute would reduce the risk of combat related mooching a bit.

Agreed for the most part. This will reduce the costs of an instance. If everyone in that instance invests 7/8 or so pickpoints. HEs/srs costs about 1k per participant? 7-8 or so milliongc price tag would require dozens upon dozens of rostos, instances to be lost and run for it to even out in costs. Also, you cannot rely on your teammates to heal you as they can just as easily either not notice, or think someone else will restore and heal the tank.

As for your idea that one person disses, waits for someone to restore so they can heal then jumps back into fight; -- if they can't heal themselves, you'll soon die. Especially if the perk only returns a fraction of the other player's restore. (25% of 150hp restore is ~38hp)

There is so many perks already though

There is so many quests/npcs/gc/creatures/instances/invasions/mods/players/sounds/emotes/weapons/clothes/armor/etc though

Edited by Raytray

would make more sense to create a group heal spell, rec. level 60 or so before you can cast it.

Yes i think this would make more sense ...

With this perk there would be another problem in PK arenas ...

Enter arena and have few of your friends/allies/guildies cast restoration.

Edited by groomsh