Eternal Lands Official Forums
Devnul

New negative perk - "I am to lazy! "

I have an idea for new negative perk. "I am too lazy" will give you Xpp (matter to discuss) but you cant do quests (daily or single, never mind) at all.

What do you think? :confused:

Edited by Devnul

Imo it should apply only for daily quests, since "single" quests don't give that much exp in long run anyway. Secondly people would just do every existing quest and then take the perk. Otherwise it's good idea.

Would give maybe 3-5 PP?

Imo it should apply only for daily quests, since "single" quests don't give that much exp in long run anyway. Secondly people would just do every existing quest and then take the perk. Otherwise it's good idea.

Would give maybe 3-5 PP?

True, however keep in mind that Radu is adding quests. So this won’t quite work.

I am too lazy means you ARE too lazy, so I would exclude all quests. :sneaky:

I am not a programmer, but I think coding such perk shouldn’t be a problem. We already have code that is checking if person can apply for quest.

Yeah that's the problem :P Some people can do more quests even if they take the perk.

If you take the perk now, you can't do any quests that are added in future.

If you take the perk after 2 years, you can do much more quests than the people who took the perk earlier so it doesn't have so big negative impact for them.

Edited by Miiks

i think this idea has potential, seeing on are extra EXP days, the person couldn't use it then either ;)

Yeah, sounds cool but it would have to be looked into to make it have a down side as well, because as already said, they might get it after the quests which doesn't work... :)

...It's a confusing one! :D

I agree for dailies only, what about the rewards and such we have already done for the other quests? cant be justifiably fixed now... lol. Dailies are a good thing to remove for a perk. Imo, it would act the same as godless. Do you want the extra xp per day, or do you want pp now?

So I work my ass at coding quests for you not to do and get free PPs?

Some ppl fight, others don't. For them is the gelly bones perk and there is no fork perk.

Some ppl buy from NPC's, others dont. For them is the antisocial perk.

Some ppl harvest a lot, others dont. For them is the collateral damage perk.

Some ppl do quests, others dont. For them is this perk.

Fits perfectly IMO.

Piper

Some ppl fight, others don't. For them is the gelly bones perk and there is no fork perk.

TINF is positive perk, i guess you meant ICD (I can't dance).

And gelly doesn't affect only fighters, but those who take MN events, cold/heat damage, rad damage, poisoned food, even when you take off COL or MOL.

That said, i don't like this perk. When you do a quest, you get a reward (and have fun in process)... If you don't do the quest, you don't get the reward. So the suggestion is: if you do quest you get reward, if you don't you get reward?

I would not take it, but if it's implemented its not big deal anyway.

Edited by Lorck

TINF is positive perk, i guess you meant ICD (I can't dance).

Sorry, you're right, my bad.

And gelly doesn't affect only fighters, but those who take MN events, cold/heat damage, rad damage, poisoned food, even when you take off COL or MOL.

Who cares, after you have got a reasonalbe amount of health. it's of course not a perk for newbies, but still free pickpoints.

That said, i don't like this perk. When you do a quest, you get a reward (and have fun in process)... If you don't do the quest, you don't get the reward. So the suggestion is: if you do quest you get reward, if you don't you get reward?

If you can't do the daily quests, you get free pickpoints from that perk.

It's up to the players to take it or not, maybe in the long run, you might get more xp from daily quests, which are more worth than the pickpoints you get. But there is still a #reset command.

I would not take it, but if it's implemented its not big deal anyway.

Yepp, my thoughts.

Piper

Considering the amount of experience you get after a month of doing haidir/daritha dailies, taking such a perk would be very silly.

This is sounding a lot like "I don't want to bother do daily quests. But please reward me anyway with ppts".

Well, I actually don't do dailies anymore. Not because I'm lazy, but because I can get more exp (and cash) in an hour training then i can doing Hadair missions (with exception to a good mission + sun tsu day). In no way am i saying the exp isn't good, but I am able to get more training.

Edited by Forgiven

Well, I actually don't do dailies anymore. Not because I'm lazy, but because I can get more exp (and cash) in an hour then i can doing Hadair missions (with exception to a good mission + sun tsu day). In no way am i saying the exp isn't good, but I am able to get more training.

Bull Shit, try harder.

Well, I actually don't do dailies anymore. Not because I'm lazy, but because I can get more exp (and cash) in an hour then i can doing Hadair missions (with exception to a good mission + sun tsu day). In no way am i saying the exp isn't good, but I am able to get more training.

Bull Shit, try harder.

lol? how can one "try harder" at dailies?

I can assure you Forgiven's reasoning is sound, as it's the same reason I don't do dailies... and yes, i actually did try a few and did the math.

Well, I think that this idea is completely wrong.

Giving "reward" (in PPs) for NOT doing quests is just wrong ... Why should anybody be "Rewarded" for not caring about quests ?

Quests are something extra, to give you another thing to do in the game. Quests are not meant to do the actual earning of experience (at least that's how i see it) in any particular skill.

Reward given from a daily quest, is just an extra "goodie" for doing the quest.

Yes, I also hate boars or hawks or imps as daily, but I like the other ones... If you don't like daily quests, that's ok - don't do them - simple as that, but I really don't think you should get any sort of "reward" for it.

Sure, and that 650k xp in 15 lions never adds into it? 600k xp in 10mins is pretty dam good no? Or 400k for fluffys/feros or 140k for imps? it adds up fast.

Sure, and that 650k xp in 15 lions never adds into it? 600k xp in 10mins is pretty dam good no? Or 400k for fluffys/feros or 140k for imps? it adds up fast.

That is why I thought about this as a negative perk. You want free PPs, here you go, but you can’t get any extra exp from quests (yes, dailies only is a good choice)!

And do you think we get lions every time??

At my a/d the best i got was tigers...

Edited by Forgiven

it's half an hour of your time, max. daily exp is still a bonus. you still get raccoons, those are fast and quite decent exp.

either way. i am against such a perk, and i agree with raistlin, there already are plenty of negs providing easy pps. work for levels instead of expecting the wraith to provide you with unlimited negs.

Edited by Dilly

it's half an hour of your time, max. daily exp. is still a bonus. you still get raccoons, those are fast and quote decent exp.

either way. i am against such a perk, and i agree with raistlin, there already are plenty of negs providing easy pps. work for levels instead of expecting the wraith to provide you with unlimited negs.

Yes you are correct as well Dilly. It all depends but im only on fluffs and on average it is a bit better then dailies. But that is just my view of it. I agree with both raistlin and radu. There is so many good negative perks already (if you can look at it that way), and radu has done lots of work to help us out with quests and dailies which is basically giving us tons of free exp. A perk like that is just another easy way to get free pp and is just silly. Its basically giving you free pp to run off with and the game is not made to be a walk in the park.

Edited by Forgiven

:doze:

Factor in all the time it takes (going to NPC's, getting creatures to spawns, etc.) and how often those good quests you mention are given and staying at spawn is easily better.

Anyways, by saying this i'm effectively arguing that the perk would be unbalanced as i'm claiming doing dailies isn't beneficial, so not being able to do them wouldn't be negative.

...hence i've decided to change my story.

DAILIES ARE OMGAWESOME SO MUCH EXP AND GC IF PERK MEANS U CANT DO THEM IT SHOULD GIVE LIKE 10 PP'S!!!!111

Dailies are a break from the normal grind that still reward you with exp.

Holy cow, this is a game not a spreadsheetforexpcalculationsoidon'twasteasecondofmylife client.

No need for this; people decide not to the the dailies? Their choice. Suck it up or do them.