• Scorpio
    • Sagittarius
    • Capricorn
    • Aquarius
    • Pisces
  2. 2. Now

3. 3. This Poll was

I was a Taurus and still I am a Taurus, nothing changed for me :D:D

Im the only one in my family btw, all the signs of the others has changed :hehe:

~Mussie

Well, there are two zodiacs, (star signs).

One of them is the Western one = Tropical,

Second being the Eastern one = Sidereal.

The new star sign is really just for the Sidereal and not affecting the Westerners.

Sidereal is based on reality and REAL astrology from astronomy, while the Tropical is just simply for the "star sign" aspect of it and "how is your week going to be", if you all know what i mean...

So if you live like west your star sign won't really change as it's not based on reality, unless your eastern which it will for you because it IS reality, but then again, it's not whether you live east/west, it's what you prefer yourself... But that is the general idea.

Although for me i'm both Leo in Tropical and Sidereal! :)

This sort of explains it all...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_zodiac

Oh and btw, when i saw the title with "astrology" i though it was going to be EL, not RL lol, makes a change :D

I'm thinking about holding some sort of event or contest in honor of Serpes since the guild im in is legion of the serpent. I thought this all was pretty cool. it will be some time before i do this as it will require some planning and what not.

I hardly see how this falls under Science & Technology. Astrology has no empirical basis, and the "reality" of which Jeditotalwar speaks of is merely the astronomical phenomenon upon which the dates were based.

That said, Capricorn for Tropical, and Saggitarius for Sidereal. From what I have read of astrology in the past the Capricorn one seems more fitting, although arguments can be made about vagueness and generalities in descriptions.. but I won't get into that.

Edited by Hazor

I hardly see how this falls under Science & Technology. Astrology has no empirical basis

Indeed.

I would hope this thread gets moved to miscellaneous or wherever.

As a secular technology enthusiast i'm on the borderline of feeling insulted. :P

I hardly see how this falls under Science & Technology. Astrology has no empirical basis

Indeed.

I would hope this thread gets moved to miscellaneous or wherever.

As a secular technology enthusiast i'm on the borderline of feeling insulted. :P

I'm not an atrologist, astromist, technologist, or a religious finatic but i love to learn and i like to work hard and play even harder. what ever the skys and stars say i am i could care less im mostly skeptic in real life yet i have avoided skeptic ingame ^,,^ this is fun and i'd love to heaR everyones thoughts and learn more about anyone willing to share.

thanks for moving the thread sry if i posted in the wrong place but to my knowledge astrology is a science and without technology how could we study the stars and space? anyway when serpes comes back this year expect an event from LotS guild and lots of treats (excepting donations: sign up to lots guild forums or talk to a guild leader ingame for more information) kthnxbye) ',,'

"and he came to her as a serpent and tempted her to eat from the forbidden tree and they was cast out of the garden of eden for all eternity"

to my knowledge astrology is a science and without technology how could we study the stars and space?

Astrology is not a science.

The study of stars and space is a science; astronomy.

The study of movement and position of celestial bodies is a part of astronomy.

Astrology takes this segment of astronomy and uses it as a basis for divination.

Refs:

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/39971/astrology

"divination"

"astrology is widely considered today to be diametrically opposed to the findings and theories of modern Western science."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/astrology

"divination"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/astrology (Collins English Dictionary)

"Spirituality"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology

"pseudoscience"