Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest silverso;

sound files for windows are corrupted

Guest silverso;

Greetings, after downloading the sound files and trying to install them (exe and the zipped ones) both return a "corrupted file" message box. I've re-downloaded them a number of times and got the same result each time. I'm using windows xp ( the EL program downloaded ok and installed and works well, and i can log in and play the game but the sound would be good to have) cheers, hope someone can help

I downloaded and started to use Sounds like a week ago, I didn't have any problems installing and enabling it. You must have done something wrong, check the process again.

-Kaddy

Guest Silversol

I downloaded and started to use Sounds like a week ago, I didn't have any problems installing and enabling it. You must have done something wrong, check the process again.

-Kaddy

Guest Silversol

Thanks for the response Kaddy, pretty sure i'm not doing anything wrong, it's straightforward really, download files double click to install.... then the corrupted file message box pops up and thats as far as it will go, as i said i've re download them about five times with the same result each time, but thanx for responding anyway cheers.

Could you try to do MD5 checksum of the downloaded files ?

It should look like this:

b882e499e35fee2d5f838fba6183c621  EL_sound_191.exe
6547ad41d2e49f0217b0a28f0b3f6756  EL_sound_191.zip
62e90a9d2c2b3635fbbeaa3dbded67e8  EL_sound_update_191.exe
4257f7bbef9fcf3a168901cce89c6292  EL_sound_update_191.zip

On windows download WinMD5 ( >> from here << ) and do the checksum like this:

Click on File->Open and select the file(s) you have downloaded. Result should look like on this screenshot.

el_sound_md5.png

Guest Silversol

Could you try to do MD5 checksum of the downloaded files ?

It should look like this:

b882e499e35fee2d5f838fba6183c621  EL_sound_191.exe
6547ad41d2e49f0217b0a28f0b3f6756  EL_sound_191.zip
62e90a9d2c2b3635fbbeaa3dbded67e8  EL_sound_update_191.exe
4257f7bbef9fcf3a168901cce89c6292  EL_sound_update_191.zip

On windows download WinMD5 ( >> from here << ) and do the checksum like this:

Click on File->Open and select the file(s) you have downloaded. Result should look like on this screenshot.

el_sound_md5.png

Guest Silversol

3f339c6c38b2a764325fc1fedb73a914 EL_sound_191.exe

37650243be15db57eaeb431b2217f8ed EL_sound_191.zip

thanx Spider, although i don't know what it all means, here is the info you asked me for, i have to admit i'm about to give up, been trying to get this sound working for three days !! now every time i try to redownload these files they stop at around 17.5 MB's and thats as far as i can get, other downloads work fine, the game downloaded and installed without a hitch and i thought the sound would make it even better, thanx again for your concern

cheers

Silversol

thanx Spider, although i don't know what it all means, here is the info you asked me for, i have to admit i'm about to give up, been trying to get this sound working for three days !! now every time i try to redownload these files they stop at around 17.5 MB's and thats as far as i can get, other downloads work fine, the game downloaded and installed without a hitch and i thought the sound would make it even better, thanx again for your concern

cheers

Silversol

Basically, the md5 checksums that you have generated do not match the checksums generated by Groomsch, which is what you would expect if the contents of the files were identical. Unfortunately this means that the files on your end have been corrupted in transit.

As to the files always seeming to stop at ~17.5MB, that suggests to me that cacheing is coming into play, either within your browser (most likely), or if there is a proxy server somewhere on your network.

Things you could try:

1: Clear your internet cache / temporary internet files

2: Try a different browser

cheers

Silversol

Yes, as tork_unib wrote, MD5 checksum is a unique checksum string generated from the contents of the file and is always same for the same data.

Your checksums are wrong that means that the files were corrupted somehow.

Please try to download them from here:

zip: >> EL_sound_191.zip <<

or

exe: >> EL_sound_191.exe <<

Guest Silversol

cheers

Silversol

Yes, as tork_unib wrote, MD5 checksum is a unique checksum string generated from the contents of the file and is always same for the same data.

Your checksums are wrong that means that the files were corrupted somehow.

Please try to download them from here:

zip: >> EL_sound_191.zip <<

or

exe: >> EL_sound_191.exe <<

Guest Silversol

Well suddenly the birds are singing in the forest as i crunch along the path...... Thanks so much for the help, the sound is working great, i downloaded the .exe from the link you supplied and it went without a hitch, i used orbit downloader to avoid using my browser (firefox) incase it was the problem, and turned off my AV s/w (spybot) but i'd turned it off before also, all's well that ends well i guess, this is a great game and even better now there is some atmosphere, it's my first time playing an online game and i will recommend it to friends, and the cherry on the cake is it's FREE !!! a real boon for someone with no income

Once again, a thousand thank-yous for all your help and advice, and now i just have to find Tobias and travel onward in the Eternal Lands, i think i'll get really game and try to download the music..... after i've played for awhile first ;-)

peace

Silversol

Once again, a thousand thank-yous for all your help and advice, and now i just have to find Tobias and travel onward in the Eternal Lands, i think i'll get really game and try to download the music..... after i've played for awhile first ;-)

peace

Silversol

I'm glad it worked ;)

Greetings, after downloading the sound files and trying to install them (exe and the zipped ones) both return a "corrupted file" message box. I've re-downloaded them a number of times and got the same result each time. I'm using windows xp ( the EL program downloaded ok and installed and works well, and i can log in and play the game but the sound would be good to have) cheers, hope someone can help

I have also downloaded the sound file several times and it is telling me the same thing....any other options for getting the uncorrupt download? any help would be appreciated. thanks...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this