Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the_grud

resyncs question

Not sure where to put this post really,feel free to move it.

I teled into Ws yesterday during Invasion (Tigers)

When I walked over to Mobs I got massive re_syncs,which led me to hell and the loss of a rosto.

There were other players at the time complaining of re-syncs

My question,

Was the problem server side?...if so I,ll stay away from invasions till fixed.

or

Is the problem with my P.C ?..in that case has anyone any suggestions for a fix?

ty

the_grud

I'd say it was a problem with your connection.

I was there when you died (right next to Haidir, so in the middle of the mobs) and had no resyncs.

So i guess it was a problem of your connection... Maybe you could also try the new client patch which helps a LOT in crowded places.

Edit: >> this patch <<

Edited by groomsh

Actually i have noticed that sometimes, not even in a crowded area, i will resync. The game completely freezes for me for about 3 seconds and stops responding then it says resyncing and works fine.

Edit: Im on a dsl connection and it surely is not my laptop

Edited by Forgiven

Edit: Im on a dsl connection and it surely is not my laptop

Dsl connection is ok, but there could be a problem on the route to server.

Like that freaking french router which is on my route to EL server, there are times when it drops or loses ~10% of packets making me lag/grue/resync like crazy (and i am on a dsl connection too 20/1 Mbit).

Well, did you install the patch? You know, that patch is made for you, not for me, my system works fine without it. Xaphier worked his ass off at it, and most people didn't even install it.

i actually just saw it last night. i was considering it but i like you said, with good specs, it wont make a difference.

Edited by Forgiven

i actually just saw it last night. i was considering it but i like you said, with good specs, it wont make a difference.

Very informative post, thanks for letting us know.

Well, did you install the patch? You know, that patch is made for you, not for me, my system works fine without it. Xaphier worked his ass off at it, and most people didn't even install it.

Several things could make the patch more 'user friendly' to players.

For instance, this line should be more friendly to players, instead of intimatidating. This line also probably persuaded many other players to not install the patch.

This is ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN COPY, OVERWRITE AND EXTRACT FILES PROPERLY. If you do not know how to do those things, DO NOT INSTALL IT.

Instead of having this attitude, perhaps instead let people know it's alright if they don't know how to install it and post instructions on how to install it. If you would like me to create something along the lines of detailed instructions with screenshots for windows, I can do so later today.

Also, your system may work fine without it, but by patching the client to allow better usability to players, it can expand your playerbase and improve people's initial perception to EL, thus, helping you as well.

Finally, another point that I wish to make is that perhaps many players do not frequent the forums and thus might not see this patch. It would be better to have a login message that notifies players of specific new updates or patches. Or even incorporate a more aggressive patching system in which the client automatically checks for and download and installs the patch to the game when launched. At the moment though, I think there has only been one global message during one timezone thus not many people got word of this patch.

Thank you Xaphier, Radu and the rest of the development team for their continued works.

Edited by Raytray

"It would be better to have a login message that notifies players of specific new updates or patches."

The thing is checking the forum once a day for this isn't too hard.

And as for the instructions: Just simply copy the folder onto the desktop, rename it to "Eternal Lands (patch)" or something, then unzip inside the folder and move the new EL folder back to where you want it. It's simple..

Keep in mind that the patch that is out now is out for testing. So, not everyone should be running it. Best if it is installed only by those that have some skill to help debug issues. This is NOT a released patch yet!

Keep in mind that the patch that is out now is out for testing. So, not everyone should be running it. Best if it is installed only by those that have some skill to help debug issues. This is NOT a released patch yet!

Ok, that makes sense.