Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Client patch for Windows and Linux data

Tested some more stuff (sry ppl at PL-sto :P). Those crashes that have anything in the error-log it's on the following form (besides the leather glove thingy):

[23:41:39] load_image() error: [././meshes/scythe01.dds] [unsupported image format]

[23:41:39] Can't get image information for '././meshes/scythe01.dds'!

[23:41:39] Unkown error!

By jumping in and out of PL-sto I sooner or later crash. The thing in the error-log I have a feeling isn't really errors but due to the crash (those time i see grahpic artifacts before the client crash I get stuff in the error-log).

Small actor texture cache option: With this box ticked the client crashed without anything (besides the leather glove thingy) in the error-log. With the box unticked it crashed with similar stuff as reported above. Might very well be completly unrelated.

OK, tried to clear the memory by deselecting poor-man, didn't help. In fact, repetetivly ticking and unticking 'poor-man' the memory usage just kept going up (until i crash, no error window from windows this time, error log as above).

I agree that using cache ofc increase the memory usage but should it really keep increasing when I jump in and out of the storage (the actors should be more or less constant)? Or ticking, unticking 'poor-man' for that matter. (Not saying the error is in the client, might very well be in XP :P).

-Little

I can confirm the memory leak when entering/exiting the Pl storage (probably happens with all map changes where there are many people).

I have also noticed when you enter a crowded building - occasionally the tags appear but not the players then 1/2 second later the players. Not a game affecting issue - but visually disconcerting.

That's normal, it takes some time for the skins to load. Under the old client, everything would be frozen until all the actor skins are loaded.

I can confirm the memory leak when entering/exiting the Pl storage (probably happens with all map changes where there are many people).

I tried walking back and forward at Votd sto, i.e. forward until the crowd at Molgor became visible and then back until they dissapeard and repeat. While my memory leak much slower compared to entering and exit a storage, I did manage to leak ~150Mb in a few min.

-Little

Edited by littlestar

After the feedback I got, it is very likely the bug is fixed in cvs. Thanks for the help littlestar, you can try cvs or please wait till next test release :)

Not sure if this is from the patch, but after running it, my notes were gone in EL. I didnt lose anything important but i am guessing some people may have important info there. I know important info should we written down on paper, but you never know who will be lazy.

Yes, the memory bug was fixed in the CVS, if you download the latest CVS and compile your own client you should not have any memory leak.