Eternal Lands Official Forums
Stone

Gem sander

I was not sure if a necro from 2004 would be the best idea, so i chose this post.

the should be some quest for some guy and then he sells them cheaper and there you have it our first decent quest :)

Crafting was the hardest/toughest skill for a long time, not only time consuming but also very expensive and it was supposed to stay that way.

Today, it still is a skill you have to work your butt off to increase your levels (that is especially when making everything yourself and not having a gc-farting mule ;) ).

This is not about making crafting more easy or (much) more profitable. This is about a new quest :happy: ...

..and the reward! Leather, wine...gem sander?! I would love to see it become cheaper as a reward for a quest. The quest can and should be both time and gc comsuming (but please not as much as the tutorials hehe), the style like the the other 2 MM quests.

I can't think of a negative effect from that, can you?

I was not sure if a necro from 2004 would be the best idea, so i chose this post.

the should be some quest for some guy and then he sells them cheaper and there you have it our first decent quest :)

Crafting was the hardest/toughest skill for a long time, not only time consuming but also very expensive and it was supposed to stay that way.

Today, it still is a skill you have to work your butt off to increase your levels (that is especially when making everything yourself and not having a gc-farting mule ;) ).

This is not about making crafting more easy or (much) more profitable. This is about a new quest :happy: ...

..and the reward! Leather, wine...gem sander?! I would love to see it become cheaper as a reward for a quest. The quest can and should be both time and gc comsuming (but please not as much as the tutorials hehe), the style like the the other 2 MM quests.

I can't think of a negative effect from that, can you?

I think this quest would nicely compliment the leather discount for manufacturing and the wine discount for potioning.

it couldnt be too much of a discount, then you could make too much profit on polished gems straight to npc. But more quests are always nice and even a small discount is too, so i like :icon13:

Considering the amount of time that is needed to finish a polished gem project compared to something like a steel bar project, this does make a reasonable suggestion in my opinion. It even takes less time to harvest titanium/coal/fe ings and mix them and sell the bars to NPC than polished saphires with the same target net profit. The gc profit/time spent on harvesting and mixing is very low in polished gems compared to alchemy. A quest that allows you to buy sanding paper at 8gcs (or even 9gcs) instead of 10gcs would be nice. It would make the time spent getting water essence ings a bit more worth while.

Game is about fighting not crafting - have you noticed how there are enhanced weapons and armor and enhanced essences but no enhanced crafting items? Useless dream to request this quest.

Game is about fighting not crafting - have you noticed how there are enhanced weapons and armor and enhanced essences but no enhanced crafting items? Useless dream to request this quest.

And yet how many quests in the game give rewards that are not A/D related?

Awww sweet, look who isn`t concerned anymore about non-fighting stuff, you seem to be so caring about harvesters http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54047 .

And those enhanced armors and weapons fall from a tree or what?!

You have something constructive to say, shiny...otherwise i'd be glad to see you increase your forum post counter somewhere else.

I would like to see this discount from the Crafting god priest. As we know we can get maximum 4 rank worship level instead of 5 at other gods. We should have a 5th rank here too, and at rank 5 the priest would sell you in bulk gem sanders.

I would like to see this discount from the Crafting god priest. As we know we can get maximum 4 rank worship level instead of 5 at other gods. We should have a 5th rank here too, and at rank 5 the priest would sell you in bulk gem sanders.

Perhaps it's time then to necro my old suggestion then :rolleyes:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51646

Not nearly enough.

Not nearly enough.

I'm aware of 47 different quests. Quick count showed 8 quests that were only A/D rewards and another 5 that had A/D rewards + other skill rewards. It was a quick count, so I could be off, but I think the game has done a decent job in spreading the love. Mind you, I wouldn't mind a cheaper sander quest.

Very good idea. This way, it would only go to those really devoted to crafting skill (so I coulnd't use it :D)...

Like Ghrae said there are a ton of quests out there and not all aimed at A/D. The quest are very well blanaced for both the none A/d ppl and the A/D ppl ( so thanks Ent for all the wonderful quests and hard work ).

That said the theme of EL for items not able to be mixed but only bought from npc's is a bit of a gold sink which is whats needed but intergraeting quests for things like cheap leather and wine did not make a bad EL market infact i think it helps. So a quest for maybe ALL the other only bought items would maybe help, there are things like neddles, hammers, pickaxes ect that maybe could be introduced. Im not saying a big drop, but maybe a drop of 2-3 gcs each when bought in a few hundred. who knows maybe more gcs would be spent this way.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by bromber

I don't craft much, but I am game for more quests such as this :)

I think Stone's suggestion is excellent :icon13:

The price of gem sanders has been a major pain for most of my (modest) crafting career, and it's been even worse since I took antisocial (my problem to deal with the constraints this entails, I know, but still). I agree though that the quest should be long and require effort, possibly investment too, to justify the reward.

As for making it available only through the Crafting God, I find that a little restrictive, especially for all-rounders such as yours truly, who may enjoy crafting and do a fair bit of it, but don't serve Zarin because of the complex tangle of relations between gods.