Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hadrion

Problem with the Grid

I was using the Map Editor and wanted to place some things in a specific place about the ground on a raised platform. When I hit the + key on the Number Pad, nothing happened. Just to be on the safe side, I hit NUM-LOCK and tried it again. No movement with either the - or + keys. I tried other combinations to no avail. Have the Grid movement keys been disabled, remapped, or is there something wrong with my keyboard (I hope not)? Does anyone else have this problem?

FYI, I'm using the new Map Editor and the other updated files that are elsewhere in this forum.

Thank you for your attention.

-- Hadrion

I use the -/+ keys just left of the backspace key rather than the -/+ keys on the number keypad.

I tested moving the grid using my laptop...on this machine I couldn't use the -/+ key as above but had to use the function key + the -/+ whcih are mapped on my ';' and '/' keys...go figure.

Edited by marack

I think I found the problem. From the earlier lack of any "me, too!" responses, I figured it must be my machine, So:

I have a Logitech USB keyboard, which runs SetPoint software in the background to access extra key functions. For some reason, when this is running, the mouse wheel/button will not work for moving the camera angle, so I have to disable it every time I play EL. Before running the Map Editor this last time, I disabled SetPoint, and also had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up the Task Manager to end its process, because it won't completely exit without doing that. (Nice programming, eh?) That almost completely fixed the problem!

Almost? Yes. Near the end of my session, I had to do something else for a minute, so I left the Map Editor running in the background. When I came back, the Grid wasn't working again. I fiddled around by clicking on the various menu items in the Map Editor, and after turning the lights on and then back off (show Light_Objects, hide Light_Objects), the Grid started working again. This could be some rare circumstance bug in the editor -- I'm not sure.

If you want, Roja, I'll keep you updated with any other times this happens and what cured/didn't cure it.

Hopefully Helpful,

-- Hadrion