Eternal Lands Official Forums
Nova

Instance for Mixers

Making multi map instances is kind of hard, and requires a lot of time for the mapmakers.

If you guys would be willing to design a map Whitestone size (but do NOT start working at it yet, just do an outlay and stuff) then I will consider implementing such an instance.

I created an outline (umm no idea if more info is needed ;)) ...

My drawing skills are almost non-existent so sorry for the "primitive" look ...

mixer_instance.png

Legend:

1 - village (instance entry point)

2 - volcano island (could contain valuable resources, like hydrogenium ore)... guarded by a strong monster, with only access via teleport

3 - hills (could contain gypsum/tuquise, similar to AA gypsum spot)

4 - river, could not be crossed (only using a bridge/TPTR spell) ... could contain sapphires/emeralds (similar to roanof island)

5 - river delta (same as river)

6 - tropical island

7 - village (igloo)

8 - ruined city

9 - big swamp (could contain diamonds)

A - teleport to/from volcano island

B - boat to/from tropical island

white area - snow (possible cold damage)

white green area - tundra (something like glacmor - snow + some grass + small trees)

light green area -

dark green area - jungle (something like kusamura jungle)

yellow area - sand/desert

blue - water (not walkable)

black - volcano (red = inside volcano - maybe something like area in NRM volcano)

Looks nice to me if you need player opinions. :) It has lots of places for different damages, it's big, it's got some tele spots, some obstacles, a little of everything. :bow_arrow:

I'd add some underground ruins with maybe a location which engineers need to keep bottlenecked w/mines or creatures keep exiting ruins. It does not need to be on another map just through a pass or via some portals. Maybe add some trap spawns to avoid in ruins as well. It would be nice if engineers could disarm traps and use items to create new traps.

Edited by saxum

The map idea seems great :)

[Nova @ 6]: has there been anymore thought on the harver/mixer instance idea radu?

[radu @ 6]: nova, did anyone make the map?

[Nova @ 6]: there was a map laid out... is something more needed? should someone go ahead and make the whole thing, not just plan it?

[radu @ 6]: yeah, the idea was to make it

[radu @ 6]: but would have to also talk to Roja and stuff

[Nova @ 6]: ok i think people didn't know thats what was needed. i guess i'll bump the thread in case someone who knows how to do that stuff wants to help

Does anyone who has the skills needed want to help get this added to the game? :pickaxe:

I would be willing to work on the map if people wanted to give ideas and outlay it.

Would probably need Radu to give a list of "musts" for the map as well.

Well it looks like you got a job, Kidberg :)

Would be really cool, if you could design it.

Imho the risk is too small to have a big reward at the end, so eventually people will not do it

just my 2 cents :P

Imho the risk is too small to have a big reward at the end, so eventually people will not do it

Maybe i'm weird, but i like mixing projects because you can work on a big task with a team.

The reward is a nice thing, but not necessarily the main reason to go there (as opposed to fighters instances).

I fully understand that having a big project is nice. I dont see how in an instance it would work. Most mixers rarely work under pressure (usually most of them make some kind of alchemy or whatever shop, that cant keep up working on it).

There are some practical problems as i see it:

1. Would the instance be so hard, considering time, like 4-5h to finish one, so people will be bored ... (always considering average playing time and not 24/7 players) also rl issues

2. Would it be hard, considering cost of items, like make ie a CoL or whatever , but u have to bring ELEs, EFEs, bindings, saving stones etc , so probably noone would do it cause of high cost

3. Will it have monsters guarding the resources and players will try to lure em (or defend), in the case they can not bring items in, will they leave instance when they die unarmed or loose rosto and stay ? or in case they bring items how there can be an inventory whipe after leaving the instance?

I am not against the idea but i dont see how it would work

Edited by Mistral

I did nova, still you can not see what i am talking about because you think its such a great idea, i dont think that more than 10-20 players have the time to invest or the skills to finish one.

I did nova, still you can not see what i am talking about because you think its such a great idea, i dont think that more than 10-20 players have the time to invest or the skills to finish one.

Please read it again, at least point 2 and 3 from your post were addressed clearly.

Also, nobody said it should take 5 hours to finish (maybe if you go in alone :P)

+1 groomsh. maybe you can't see these things because you don't think its a good idea. Not everyone plays for a giant reward, some do treat this as a social game to have fun with the people they like. The game needs more things to break up the grind grind grind. Considering how many people on thread, in 6, and in PM have said that they think this would be fun, I don't think there will be a problem in making teams to go. As for skill....again, build your team wisely.

Edited by Nova

I hope this kind of different instance won't be left in the closet, with all this hype about pvp instances (though those sound very interesting too). Let's hope it gets implemented too, so there something for all people :)

Believe me there are plenty of us out there who will like to go on such event ;-) ..i know plenty of friends who will go with me on such instance ;)

Does anybody know the status of implementing something like an instance for mixers?

Just curious....

I was trying to get a map maker to create the map we need for it (it's a prerequisite that Radu mentioned earlier in this topic), no luck so far tho.

If you know somebody willing to do it (there is a basic map outline attached in one of my posts here) let me know. We would even pay some reasonable amount of gc for it.

Does anybody know the status of implementing something like an instance for mixers?

Just curious....

I was trying to get a map maker to create the map we need for it (it's a prerequisite that Radu mentioned earlier in this topic), no luck so far tho.

If you know somebody willing to do it (there is a basic map outline attached in one of my posts here) let me know. We would even pay some reasonable amount of gc for it.

I may be able to take up the project. A map that size would take some time, especially since I haven't touched map editor in a year. But if I do decide to do it, I'd probably want RL cash. Don't really have much use for GC :P