Eternal Lands Official Forums
Nova

Instance for Mixers

How many is the max amount of players for an instance? We don't want one pr0 allrounder going in and pwning the instance by themselves...

Why not? Why don't give allrounders who have invested many valuable nexus points and have grinded their way up in several skills

a chance to shine? It takes much time and many gc to become a decent allrounder. And don't forget instances can farmed easily by 2 ppl

now. Why not allowing the same for a mixers instance?

Oh, i would love this mixers instance!

(the one proposed by vidriel/hussam)

As i love to work on big projects and as i love to bag mix and make everything from scratch (maybe except from FEs :whistle: ), i'd definitely go into these instances ...

Also,

1. i don't think that a rosto should be required to enter.

2. entering the instance with empty inventory only with items you have equipped (maybe tools could be allowed)

3. leaving the instance with empty inventory (to prevent abuse of mixed items from instance - people going into instance only to easily make some items)

The instance needs Leonard :>

Good idea! :)

That would bring the risk factor ;)

How many is the max amount of players for an instance? We don't want one pr0 allrounder going in and pwning the instance by themselves...

Why not? Why don't give allrounders who have invested many valuable nexus points and have grinded their way up in several skills

a chance to shine? It takes much time and many gc to become a decent allrounder. And don't forget instances can farmed easily by 2 ppl

now. Why not allowing the same for a mixers instance?

That would not work, because one or two mixers would not be able to harvest all ingredients and mix them to final item in the given time.

Edited by groomsh

Skip the going in naked. In a game where you have no food and need to explore it is too much of an advantage for those who have power saving perk and too much of a disadvantage for those who have power hungry perk. It is bad enough that there are no removal stones (an idea - removal stones not available elsewhere can be reward) for those perks but to even further disadvantage someone with no food perk and power hungry? I want my frying pan to cook the meat from creatures.

I did a little thinking...

maybe have a pretty big default map for the instance. the resources are all over, and randomly placed each time. You bring your own tools. There are waves as vidriel mentioned. say for the first wave though, you need something like 300 HEs, something simple. you need harvesters, mixers, and potioners to mix fps then, so its a verity of skills. maybe next would be 30 steel chains. now you need a manuer. and then traps and so on. each wave is random

wave 1 possibilite: 300 HEs, 250 Mat ess, who know

wave 2: 30 steel chains, 30 rc mine

Although, i am not sure how oyu would advance to the next wave? maybe youd have to give them all to an npc so you need good emu? It was just my idea

P.S. maybe for exp you can jus thave a fraction of the exp, like 1/10th the exp

Skip the going in naked. In a game where you have no food and need to explore it is too much of an advantage for those who have power saving perk and too much of a disadvantage for those who have power hungry perk. It is bad enough that there are no removal stones (an idea - removal stones not available elsewhere can be reward) for those perks but to even further disadvantage someone with no food perk and power hungry? I want my frying pan to cook the meat from creatures.

Well the idea is to make all tools you want to use yourself (or by your team) and the ones that cannot be made, would be sold by NPC for harvestables for example.

So you go in naked and make all the tools you need, or buy them from this NPC.

Also the idea is to use Feasting Pots as all people can eat em and a potioner is needed to mix them :)

I imagine the instance scenario to be something like this:

Area outline:

Big map (maybe the size of White Stone map), with a small village in the middle (with animals roaming around).

After entering the instance, you'll be loaded in the village (with only things you have equiped).

The village will have few NPCs

1. mayor

2. cook (trading raw meat/wine/mead/ale for fruits/vegetables 1:5)

3. mage (trading enriched essences for regular ones - with ratio 1k essies for one enriched (this would have to be tweaked according to instance time))

4. blacksmith (trading pickaxes/hammers/needles/scissors/saw/carving knifes/gemstone hammer & chissel for various harvestables (like logs/branches to fuel his forge etc))

5. jeweller (trading enrichment stone/binding stone/serpent stone for gold/silver bars, sanding paper/square vials for gems)

Mayor will give you a task to work on, for example:

Our village is suffering from orc raids. We were however able to convince the orc chieftain to a duel of two champions.

We have our champion, but our village is too poor to supply him with proper gear. To be able to compete we need:

1 crown of life

1 medallion of life

1 steel plate mail

1 titanium cuisses

1 enhanced iron greaves

1 bronze shield

1 bronze sword

1 cape of no more warlock

10 attack potions

10 defense potions

10 evasion potions

20 potions of extra mana

20 potions of body restoration

10 disengagement rings

10 rings of damage

10 bear summoning stones

500 health essences

It is lot of work to do and lot of harvesting to do (numbers are just for illustration)...

Once the final items are mixed, you would talk to mayor NPC and tell him you have it ready.

After that you would be transfered back and the one who spoke with mayor would have the reward.

Inventory of all would be cleared before leaving the instance map.

@groomsh I like that Idea would like to add to it.

You could make It into sections with a time limit.

If you manage to make the Items with in the time limit the remainder of the time will be added to the next section so helping you .

If you run out of time your health could be taken down by so much per min ( or what ever will be fair) till you mixed all thats needed or you are dead ( well you must have some risk)

If you managed to mix all but lost health because you ran out of time and took damage you start the next section with that health.. now you need to decide if you need to waste time mixing HEs to heal or work on mixing the Items.

Just an idea.

I think that the max oa time of instance should be no more than 3 hours.

Maybe some items made in previous waves could be used in next wave?

To me this sounds like the kid that wants something because their brother/sister got something.

Since it seems you don't know, Nova and hatwood both do the 100-120 instance regularly, and Nova has done the WTF one too. This is about making additional types of instances too.

I think the idea is very neat, and I would love for it to be implemented.

Great idea! I hope this happens:D

Ideas:

Danger could come from enhanced harvesting and even mixing events such as a boulder fell on you for 50hp damage,a landslide caused damage to all harvesting around you, your FE exploded causing you to lose 50 FEs (time slow down),while making a sword you cut yourself etc. If you die with rosto you respawn in instance without it you can't get back in. Maybe a creature to slow you down, add to your damages and just irritate, say a monkey that steals your bags throws rocks or fruit and vegies at you for damage of course. Not able to be attacked (for mixers after all). I would hope for different levels so that more people would be able to play.

I am new to posting here and my first post seems to have vanished...so if this is a double I am so sorry :unsure:

Keep it simple, no Leonard or waves of creatures are needed, a ticking down clock will suffice. Bring requested items to NPC before times run out, if not out, if successful clue to next (random located) NPC for next task, find within time limit or team is out, repeat till final challenge (perhaps a challenge from the next level instance) Only final NPC might give very very rarely a drop, for rest only exp for the team (per successful tier, in the skill of the items required). Of course dangerous area’s, (poisonous etc) and perhaps, oh boy, depletable sources, but for rest in my opinion that’s all that’s needed for harvesters and mixers to get their kicks. If out waiting time for a few days before next try, perhaps carry a rosto to prevent being kicked out (once).

Edited by Nardo Lala

Keep it simple, no Leonard or waves of creatures are needed, a ticking down clock will suffice. Bring requested items to NPC before times run out, if not out, if successful clue to next (random located) NPC for next task, find within time limit or team is out, repeat till final challenge (perhaps a challenge from the next level instance) Only final NPC might give very very rarely a drop, for rest only exp for the team (per successful tier, in the skill of the items required). Of course dangerous area’s, (poisonous etc) and perhaps, oh boy, depletable sources, but for rest in my opinion that’s all that’s needed for harvesters and mixers to get their kicks. If out waiting time for a few days before next try, perhaps carry a rosto to prevent being kicked out (once).

To keep it simple, make a normal NPC that gives you (or your team) a mission and a reward if you finish it in time. What you want is a group feature to a daily quest, that is made harder by a time limit.

Exactly, with the addition of entry fee, risk of losing rosto and challenge of making it yes/no to next tier with your team, challenges will not be doable for one player

Edit more clarification

With above reply I did asume NPC inside the instance, with their maps providing their own challenges.

Reason why I came to my suggestion:

How to get a team out

To prevent the building of campsites and hotels within the instance, insert risk of being kicked out. The best way to do that is by not completing a task, this will be an incentive to improve team and try again.

Non-violent

Not all of players are interested in the hunting the wildlife or being hunted, there is a large group that avoids Lenny or invasions. A non-violent area providing its own particular dangers and challenges could be interesting for that part of EL.

All levels (low medium pro wth) small / medium / large teams

Challenges (items needed, either harvested or made inside) and time provided to complete could be adjusted according to level of the instance (noob to wth) so available for a large community instead of one group.

If programmable (?) the size of the team starting the instance could adjust the difficulty of the instance. In my dreams a team of 3-4 players (all close to maximum level allowed inside) could make it to the final tier, if they are lucky, but wont be able to complete the final task, for this they would have needed a larger team.

Profitability

If the experience points gained by completing all tasks, except the final, justify the entry fee, I think we have a winner without risks. Perhaps double the waiting time for next try if being kicked out instead of when completed.

Players can wear a rosto inside if a team fails to produce the items or find the next NPC in time, (once, it poofs with each team member) this means the team can still try to complete task and gain their exp or challenge they were going for, however team will be smaller by the players who have had no rostogols on them. You don’t have to wear one if can’t afford or won’t want to risk it in an instance but that’s up to the player and team.

Variability

There are so many items in EL, harvestable and every mixing skill, so many possibilities, of course there could be days that you would need items your team might not be able to produce or harvest in time, on one tier or another, either by missing a member in that skill or time pressure, what’s more fun then playing inside a lottery world where you don’t know what the next challenge is? I would only return with a better team and try again.

Unexplored maps

New maps, undiscovered, with the random located NPC’s and their random tasks, I bet there are plenty who are interested in discovering the shortest / best ways to complete and solve the challenges.

Depleatable sources (still don’t know if I write this word correct) a harsh word in the normal world, not really needed but could be another dimension inside this instance.

Apologies for my many words instead of my brief above, and apologies if misunderstood, it was just a suggestion to add to this brilliant idea. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nardo Lala

One more thing, the task (mixing) should be like 1 or 2 ppl could make it (except alch - all or almost all mixers have been developing it)(e.g. i don't think that some1 will be able to mix 3k polished sapps in 0,5 hour). Otherwise this instance will be only for allrounders because when you'll be entering you won't know the skill which will be needed.

Just a few thoughts...

Max 6 players:

Allow anyone to join. You don't need skill tiers like instances. Each task gets harder...therefore, early mixers would only be able to complete a few tasks. A reward would be given each time you complete a task.

You don't need to lose rostos...it's doesn't have to be huge risk/reward. If you fail, you *can* offer a rosto, but don't have to. Think about it, you're doing lots of work, but you're not keeping the items...that already seems to be a loss. The rewards will vary, depending on chance and the tier level. You can keep items from each tier (only in the instance) Therefore, immediately after your team enters, you will all scout around, harvesting and gathering basic supplies (such as HE ingredients, food, ect)

You can only enter the instance 1 per week or every few days...this gives more incentives to win and to offer up a rosto to continue playing. Really, it's like an old arcade game...you die or don't beat the level and have an option to put 50 cents in the machine...just with rostos.

awesome ideas guys :) thanks for helping to flesh this out. hopefully someone sees it and likes it.

@ anyone who wanted to add fighting to this instance, not a bad idea but I think that should be a separate style instance for mixers and fighters both. I think it would be really neat to see something with no fighting but thats still risky added to el.

Keep the ideas coming if you have them :bow_arrow:

I didn't read all 3 pages, but is there any general consensus on how you'd like it to be? I wanted to do something similar for a while, but I didn't come up with a good idea of something entertaining and relatively easy to implement.

I didn't read all 3 pages, but is there any general consensus on how you'd like it to be? I wanted to do something similar for a while, but I didn't come up with a good idea of something entertaining and relatively easy to implement.

To sum it up:

1. enter with empty inventory

2. find NPCs on map which trade rare/special ingredients for regular ones and also which trade tools that cannot be made

3. find NPC which gives the "main" objective - mix a set of randomly chosen items from different skills (maybe depending on average skill level of the team)

4. "instance" would be completed by giving the last final item to the NPC that gave you the objective

5. after ending the "instance" inventory of all members would be cleared

6. reward would be given to the one who made the team enter the "instance"

Possible dangers:

1. lenny that would roam this map only (making the need to harvest or move in groups and maybe mix at least some armor/weapons)

2. strong monster guarding valuable resource(s) - so the harvesters would have to evade it or some of them would have to distract the monster

3. areas with fire/cold/toxic damage

I scanned all the posts again and collected the ideas that seem to be repeated throughout. I'm not sure what is and isn't easy to implement in game. There seem to be two general ideas throughout the thread. 1. an instance without fighting. 2. an instance with fighting. The following ideas pertain to an instance without fighting. I basically copy pasted my first post. Any new ideas added from other posts in the thread are highlighted with two stars (**)

-As an instancer you would need to bring in all your own food and tools to the instance map.

-You need rostos to enter and stay just like the existing fighter instances.

-The only harvable food on the map is toads

-You can not bring HE/SR/EMP/GHP/BRs to this map (meaning you will have to make your own once you are there.) The ings to make these would be on the map

**-You can not bring antidotes(?) (something to consider to increase difficulty and risk a little bit.) The ings to make these would be on the map.

-The map would have harvest-able resources and NPCs at different points.

-At each stage of the instance you would talk to the NPC, receive a task and then have a time limit to find the resources needed to mix, complete the task and get the items to the npc

-Each successfully completed task comes with a reward of food (other then toads) and something small, maybe some enriched essys.

-If the team meets each time limit then they advance to the next npc who has a harder task and a larger reward

**-If the team is unable to advance they have the option to pay the NPC a rosto to advance to the next task.

-If the team is able to advance to the end they get a large end of instance reward, perhaps a #day stone.

-Each task could be for any mixing skill (alch, manu, craft, pots, eng, ect.) so you would do well to build a diverse team who can harv fast and make many different things.

-The tasks could be anything from, 'We need 1k FEs', to 'these pesky invisy rats are bothering us. Go make some TS pots and kill them all', to 'we need to outfit our army, please bring us 20 swords.'

**-The tasks should be big enough that you need some people scouting to find the resources in the first place, some mixing and some harving and some running back and forth between the two. With all those jobs even someone with low levels will have a use.

**-There should be a max amount of people to enter the map that way no one can take a team of 20 fully loaded mules

**-Have tasks that require the use of tools that need rare ings to increase the chance of some loss and some rare items going out of game.

Some points already considered:

-This instance would need to have multiple maps and tasks so that a well put together team can't just learn the map and tasks and run the same instance over and over

-the risk v. reward would have to be considered carefully to be sure that the prizes are not too great or too bad.

**-Only tools and food should be able to be in inventory when entering. No raw materials, No healing material. i.e HE,SR,GHP,BR,EMP, etc.

**-Consider making the instance non farmable by not being able to remove cooldown. Like with the WTF instance.

**-Consider making some areas of the map only accessible by tele to range so that mules can't get to all areas.

**-Consider having an NPC on the map that will sell limited numbers of tools for inflated prices, or who will trade ### of harvable items for tools. (gem sand paper, leather, etc.)

**-If the instance will involve mixing things that require rare essences or stones, consider having an NPC that will sell those items or trade ### of normal items for the rare item. i.e 200+ FEs for an EFE.

**-disable hyperbagging if possible to prevent people from locking up big bags of raw materials to save time.

Ways to add risk:

**-Toads being the only harvable food once on the map.

**- poison, radiation, cold or heat damage around harvables

**- larger more damaging harvest events which happen more frequently

**- Depletable resources

**- new, instance only, mixer events. (you hit yourself with the hammer, you cut yourself with the sissors, exploding FE, etc.)

**- new, unattackable, non attacking, animal that can deal damage or steal your stuff.

Ideas for rewards:

-Day stones

-Rare essences

-XP books

-Big amounts of xp

-Nice amount of GC to split with everyone

Edited by Nova

Making multi map instances is kind of hard, and requires a lot of time for the mapmakers.

If you guys would be willing to design a map Whitestone size (but do NOT start working at it yet, just do an outlay and stuff) then I will consider implementing such an instance.

I would be willing to work on the map if people wanted to give ideas and outlay it.

Would probably need Radu to give a list of "musts" for the map as well.

Edited by Kidberg