Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lexi

Sponsoring Instances

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you, consider this?

• As a mixer, I'll support this idea!
    • As a mixer, I feel fighters should support themselves!
    • As a fighter, I would love some sponsorship!
    • As a fighter, I don't need a mixer's help!
    • I don't care either way.

I was thinking perhaps we could start sponsoring some instancer groups. Especially now that there are

new #day stones in which everyone could benefit. While I know there is controversy between mixers and

fighters sometimes (especially on @@6), I feel it would be pretty neat to start a group that could

donate items to the fighters of the instances.

Of course there would be screening (if possible) to not allow items to go to unhonourable players.

But even a few thousand essences or potions could help a good group, and cut their costs down. Because

you may disagree with me, but I have seen the stats from players reports, and Radu even said himself

that their profit is not there (anymore(?)).

This could be a way where mixers can participate in instances, even if it's not fighting, we could

contribute. Maybe the fighters could pass the group some of the oranges they gather?

Is anyone up for this at all? Or am I completely being dumb? I added a poll to see what everyone thinks!

I voted "As a fighter, I would love some sponsorship!", even I'm not strong enough to fight in wtf-instances :D It's really good idea and I'd love to see it work in practice.

I wouldn't mind sponsoring some little guys either :) Thanks for your reply and vote!

Voted: As a mixer, I'll support this idea!

But only if the mixers get a cut (no matter how big) of whatever the fighters win.. Cause it is also some mixer's money they're using to get the loot...

Voted: As a mixer, I'll support this idea!

But only if the mixers get a cut (no matter how big) of whatever the fighters win.. Cause it is also some mixer's money they're using to get the loot...

If I get this idea right, the reward for the mixers (myself included) would be the special day stone from the instance. I don't know how about you, but for me, one more Joule stone is a bliss, I don't need another cut from the gold drops there :)

I agree, the intention is to slightly increase the want of fighters to go to them, while the instances are no longer profitable, as a community we can contribute to the "search" for the new stones. Honorable fighters may give back to their contributors in a different matter, I wouldn't mine asking one to beat up a certain player that's insulted me or something. there's other ways to "pay back" than actual items and coin :)

Of course each person can decided how they sponsor, I am not saying you can't sponsor because you want something in return, as many of us may just want that.

Edited by Lexi

Nice in theory. But in theory, communism works. It would be very nice to see something added into game where fighters and mixers have to work together for a common end goal where its more then just ones word to another that determines the sharing of profit. Everyone has a different idea as to just how much someone who isn't in the battle should get. Then there are the people who feel that the supplies that were provided make the battle possible are the important part. Then in comes the person who broke some armor or lost a rosto. But lets not forget how much time and food went into making those supplies and the gc that could have been made if they were sold not donated. And the list goes on. Its still a nice idea. Good luck with it if you do put it together but expect headaches I think.

BTW, I can't vote because I don't classify myself specifically as a mixer or a fighter.

Edited by Nova

As a mixer I don't like (support) the idea ...

I wouldn't mind to support the fighters, but i guess the drops from WTF instance are far too good to give them "free" support.

Therefore i voted: "As a mixer, I feel fighters should support themselves!"

1) it's not a 100% guaranteed drop

2) not all stones favor mixers (like suntzu)

3) who would decide when the stone should be used ?

From what i've heard and read, WTF instance is not about drops (well not only ;))

Yesterday, it was the most exciting day I've ever had in my whole 7 years of EL life. :icon13:

-Kaddy

From what i've heard and read, WTF instance is not about drops (well not only ;))

Yesterday, it was the most exciting day I've ever had in my whole 7 years of EL life. :icon13:

-Kaddy

That was first day ever of WTF instance.

The shine wears off.

It's about profit.

All instances in all MMO's are about some kind of loot or profit.

Everyone needs to get used to it, and Radu needs to ensure there's minimum drops every instance to ensure it's always some decent amount of profit.

Why not simply create a gc fund - and use that to buy a joule stone

That way the fighters have a guaranteed market for the stone!

Why not simply create a gc fund - and use that to buy a joule stone

That way the fighters have a guaranteed market for the stone!

Joule stone? Is it sure the casty drops joule stones now? :confused:

Edit: "New day stones, available from the WTF instance (sometimes)"

For me it seems there's new day stones and ONLY they are available from wtf. Not the old ones that already exist.

Edited by Miiks

Hmmm in my opinion, this poll is made quite in a haste...

I agree with Nova, groomsh and Miiks:

We don't even know what #day stones can be obtained from the instance! The update note didn't say anything special about this.

Why give a donation when I don't have any guaranty it would be something useful for me...

Let's give us some results first, then think about something like this and vote?

And don't get me wrong, I am not saying the idea is wrong, just a bit nonsense make such a poll few hours after update when noone even finished changed instance yet... :whistle:

edited: sorry bad typo :wub:

Edited by Vidriel

Poll options are too limited, i did not vote.

Can we just stop the 'fighter vs mixer vs harvester' crap, please? We're all free to do as we please, but going for one extreme means you have to sacrifice something else, well unless you have unlimited funds and can buy all your attributes and nexus with hydro, then you can simply do everything you want to do. In addition: far from everyone is 'just' a fighter, or 'just' a mixer. there are top fighter characters that have all the skill levels to make the so called zomfg evil profit a mixer makes. Any mixer is free to level their a/d, or their ranging level, as is any harvester.

Poll options are too limited, i did not vote.

Can we just stop the 'fighter vs mixer vs harvester' crap, please? We're all free to do as we please, but going for one extreme means you have to sacrifice something else, well unless you have unlimited funds and can buy all your attributes and nexus with hydro, then you can simply do everything you want to do. In addition: far from everyone is 'just' a fighter, or 'just' a mixer. there are top fighter characters that have all the skill levels to make the so called zomfg evil profit a mixer makes. Any mixer is free to level their a/d, or their ranging level, as is any harvester.

There are very few pureblooded mixers IMO. I think that every mixer has to be a warrior to a certain degree. I consider myself more a mixer, yet my greatest levels are attack and defense. Why? Because it's the fastest way to raise your OA (you can carry more, mix more, have more nexi...). So IMO great part of the mixers can go on the instance as well (not WFT one particulary, but you get the point), I know I have been to 50+ so far :)

I agree, the intention is to slightly increase the want of fighters to go to them, while the instances are no longer profitable, as a community we can contribute to the "search" for the new stones. Honorable fighters may give back to their contributors in a different matter, I wouldn't mine asking one to beat up a certain player that's insulted me or something. there's other ways to "pay back" than actual items and coin :)

Of course each person can decided how they sponsor, I am not saying you can't sponsor because you want something in return, as many of us may just want that.

The WTF instance is quite profitable now.

I voted as a mixer, they should support their own char

1. I am greedy

2. Why should i give other people money?

3. Instances can be quite profitable if done right from what i have heard

Oh that's great news, Radu.

Thanks for all replies guys, you are awesome :)

i voted "I don't care either way" since we had too much accusations of being profitable in the Almost pr0 instance from the players able to fight in the WTF, when the fact shows we dont get big profit (is more profitable to harvest and sell iron in the time consumed in the instance). And the final "touch" is the previous instance levels being harder and the drops being devaluated...

Its a good idea Lexi. I always support the instancers and i am always willing to donate whatever i can which i do a good bit to inferno as well as help them buy arrows or potions from npc's .. whatever they need.

Again ppl arent realizing their rdholms they wear for toading, the oranges for big belly etc all come from the instancers. If a few ppl work to help them i am sure some of them will help you. I know they help me.

Who cares if ppl are against it. I say we get a group together and work together. Put an end to the stupid fighter vs mixer bs and help one another. This game depends on both.

I am thinking, if anyone wants to start helping a fighter that does instances, just give them a little hand out here and there, every little bit helps, if you're against the idea, then don't do it. No one is forcing you either way. I will seek a good fighter myself to pass a little here and there. 1k Essences is only 3k TOPS in food, Now, 3k for me is pretty petty, but maybe to some other mixers/all rounders, it could be different, your char is different than mine, and so is your game play.

I don't really feel I jumped the gun, as since I agree, most of the game is all rounders, and everyone will benefit from most of the positive #days. There are hardly any PURE mixers, as MOST people want to do a little of everything. Hell, even for Sun Tzu there's a MIXING quest that gives REALLY nice a/d exp to anyone :)

I am thinking, if anyone wants to start helping a fighter that does instances, just give them a little hand out here and there, every little bit helps, if you're against the idea, then don't do it. No one is forcing you either way. I will seek a good fighter myself to pass a little here and there. 1k Essences is only 3k TOPS in food, Now, 3k for me is pretty petty, but maybe to some other mixers/all rounders, it could be different, your char is different than mine, and so is your game play.

I don't really feel I jumped the gun, as since I agree, most of the game is all rounders, and everyone will benefit from most of the positive #days. There are hardly any PURE mixers, as MOST people want to do a little of everything. Hell, even for Sun Tzu there's a MIXING quest that gives REALLY nice a/d exp to anyone :)

ADOPT A FIGHTER TODAY!!!!

I have mine :>

As many put it down, this poll wont give much to you as an answer but as a continue batlle or crap as Dilly put it between mixers and figthers, lets be honest it will be there always :closedeyes:

I am not a mixer or a fighter , but what i mix i use for myself. I cant bring myself to sell stuff i will need sooner or later in the game to be able to play. I cant say i am very good in a/d but as Khalai put it.. you need oa's for lots of nexus and attributes. So i am forced in a way to train a lot to get those oa's.. so i mix a lot as well :pickaxe: .

Those who are fighters have to buy stuff to survive the instances/invasions. Those who mix need the oa's to have those nexus..i went in many invasions and managed to die,to survive and have fun. Meet plenty of pr0 fighters and had a nice chat,fun and trades with them... what i mean in the end is a circle of life here in El as in life..everyone chooses what and how to do it.