Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AnmanIndustries

Can't turn off fullscreen

I am trying to run the game from my work computer but have window and resolution issues. I’m at work and I can not have the game in full screen as I need to access other windows on the fly. This computer is quite poor in ability but is able to run the game. But for some reason, it keeps reverting to the 640x480 in full screen. Regardless of what I change in the video options or what is listed in el.ini. In fact, no matter where or when I make the change, whenever I go back into the game the Full screen option is turned on again. Is anyone one able to give me an idea as to what is going on?

Completely didn't think to try that! Doesn't work though.

I have discovered that most built in Intel graphics cards have seriously broken opengl driver support. The card supports 1.3 but the drivers are useless and it reverts to the Microsoft default 1.1 without extensions. So at this stage, I'm wondering if it is possible to modify the fall back settings to not full screen.

Edited by AnmanIndustries

Already done all of that. Went through 3 different versions of the driver from 2003, 2005 and 2008. Spent a few hours looking into this. Ended up in the opengl wiki and discovered that older (close to 10 years) intel graphics drivers are stupid with opengl. There is no way for me to fix this.

Im tempted to bring my laptop in, but that is way too conspicuous. I could deal with the fact that it's full screen, but the time it takes for the computer to move from 640x480 back to my normal resolution is appalling and not very useful.

I went through all the client files that were text based in the hopes of finding something but I couldn't.

So Im hoping for the slim chance, that some one, some where, has the god power to give me an answer.

Guest Drath_natH

same problem here. and added irritation,before i reverted to windows 7, EL used to work fine in a windowed mode in my windows xp. but then again,lots of my friends play with windows 7. none of them face this problem as far as i know.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this