Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sithis

My astro

I am not a 24/7 player so most of the times , i came from work at the same hour, i have seen that my astrology does not change often for a period of days, so either i have to do with a period of negative astro or with a period of days with positive astro. There u might say hey this is astrology and if u do not like how it affects you, you can put skeptik perk. You might be right .

Sp here is my suggestion,

I would like to see an items preferably around 2kgc that can turn your astrology from negative to positive (even the opposite), you might have an enriched essence + some indicator from i.e. a/d and if u mix em u can get 4-5 astrology changing stones

example

1 EFE + 5 a/d indicators = 5 a/d astrology turns

or

1 EME + 5 degrade/harvest = 5 degrade/harvest astro turns

This item might be make-able from engineering skill

This astro effect turn might have a value of 2-3 hours

positive

1. ppl use more enriched essence

2. more usefull engineering items

3. ppl will change from skeptik to astrology :P

4. astrology CAN have an adcantage towards skeptik , iirc radu has said that ppl that use astro will not regret it

5. if ppl will say that some might abuse this, well they might, but its not cheap

PS: i havent checked if anyone else has suggested the same, and if "yes" , i am sorry

flame away ^^

Edited by Mistral

Suggestion seems ok but the EFE/EME bit to make them is silly. EME/EFE are already widely used enough, use another enriched item or random item that has value but isn't used in most things.

Use ede and ewe instead.

But I like it. I generally find I have about a 48 astro turn (at least havrest/degrade) and tend to try and plan my days around that (yes planning to play around astro sucks when I want to fight and instead should ahrvest. But I love it when I get those night GHP and such. However sometime astro does do funky things and it would be nice to give it a change. Or, I plan too far ahead and find my astro did NOT do what I wanted it!

I'm skeptic, but for the astro users, i think something to push it in the right direction (at a cost) doesn't seem so bad. Maybe something to set astro at neutral, then it can't be abused for constantly keeping stats full green. Essentially, pushing it to neutral at a cost, while remaining to have astro, gives a variation of skeptic, an alternative that might be an interesting gc sink.

The only way this would have even a chance of working is if this item (whatever it was made from) simply worked to push your astro ahead in time by some amount. So it wouldn't actually change the astro settings, just advanced you along the normal curves. If the item was inexpensive, it might push you forward an hour. If it was more expensive, perhaps 6 or 12 hours. Since astro runs on a roughly 48-hour cycle, moving forward 24 hours would sort of swap everything around: highs would go low, and lows high.

But given that astro is based on a sign (which is randomly assigned to every player) I'm not even sure an adjustment of any kind could be implemented. Only Entropy could answer that part of it.

As far as I understand your reasons I don't think it's a good idea. A possibility of adjusting or even full changing of one's astro seems contradictory with its purpose. This way 'rich' players will have always positive astro and 'poor' ones will feel even more left behind. Moreover, boosting one's astro with the use of items which creation probability is influenced by the very same astro sounds like an attempt of perpetuum mobile. Whilst it is impossible in real life with the proposed changes it could be easily done in game.

All in all, I'd rather see astro as it is. A mostly random factor we have to live with. If you don't like your astro's influence, take the perk to get rid of it.

Edited by Vanyel
typos

Well "Child of Stars" perk sort of negates bad astro for mixing ... maybe there will be something similar for fighting in the future ...

that perk is not easy to attain for a casual gamer , which iirc was the idea behind being able to tweak your astro , the Child of the Stars perk is only really attainable by someone who has either been playing EL for a number of years, or someone who does nothing but play EL

not that I think the whole idea is sound anyway, when skeptic is in place to completely negate astro ( aparently :P )

mistral, skeptic is a good perk for casual gamers .. you log in and do what you want, not what your astro says is best to do

Edited by Ateh

Well "Child of Stars" perk sort of negates bad astro for mixing ... maybe there will be something similar for fighting in the future ...

that perk is not easy to attain for a casual gamer , which iirc was the idea behind being able to tweak your astro , the Child of the Stars perk is only really attainable by someone who has either been playing EL for a number of years, or someone who does nothing but play EL

not that I think the whole idea is sound anyway, when skeptic is in place to completely negate astro ( aparently :P )

mistral, skeptic is a good perk for casual gamers .. you log in and do what you want, not what your astro says is best to do

Or someone who bought there character off a top manufacturer and spent a pretty big chunk of change in the EL store.

Personally, I spend way too much time playing EL even if AFK and I have no hope of completing that quest even if I wanted to (I am skeptic) because I don't want to buy and waste all those precious ingreds. I am about #15 manu too.

Regarding astro it would be nice if astro pointed you in a certain direction - mixing or fighting or something else. Every time I have checked more than one they have basically pointed one direction - negative or positive or muddling in the middle. When my mixing astro is high so is my fighting ability so I have to choose which to follow and rarely use more than one anymore.