Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Moutos

Day of Rare Drops

Day of Rare Drops

A day where creatures (Non-aggressive, Aggressive & Invasion) all have an increased chance of dropping their uncommon/rare items that they sometimes drop.

I hardly come across enough of the mobs rare drops and I really want to get the feeling of "oh, a rare drop! cool!"

What do you think?

~Em0

Once you suggested it, I have an excellent idea (or two).

First one would be:

Day of Rain of Gold (or Golden Rain)

On each map there is a rain a bag full of gold coins (1-1000, randomly) spawn (at least 5 per square meter).

and the secound would be:

Day of Rare No More

This day would be a must be after 2-3 days of Increased Rare drops ;).

Golden Shower? :sneaky:

I loled :laugh:

Once you suggested it, I have an excellent idea (or two).

First one would be:

On each map there is a rain a bag full of gold coins (1-1000, randomly) spawn (at least 5 per square meter).

That's just stupid, everbody will be rich

and the secound would be:

Day of Rare No More

This day would be a must be after 2-3 days of Increased Rare drops ;).

Thats stupid as well, whats the point of that? Thats just a waste of a day

If rare drops were common they would not be rare drops anymore and would lose their value.

It's about as good idea as the golden rain day.

Emotion, have you ever heard about sarcasm?

Btw idea of the rare drops are that they are rare... Imo we don't need such day.

Sorry...I'm not very good at detecting sarcasm on the computer.

I guess your right...the rare drops would lose their value..

Increased rare drops have been discussed before, be it a day or perk or cape or whatever.

Never happened simply because rare drops are supposed to be just that, rare. Radu adjusts drop rates when it's necessary, otherwise increases can drastically affect their value.

In that case, I suggest you try get to know EL´s population a bit better before you start making suggestions. Seems that itself will be a big enough challenge.

As for your suggestion.. I too would prefer Vanyel´s idea. I would also like a daily quest where you just have to track down another NPC from the startpoint, and when you do find it, you get 20kgc, JUST LIKE THAT. Isn´t it awesome?!

In that case, I suggest you try get to know EL´s population a bit better before you start making suggestions. Seems that itself will be a big enough challenge.

As for your suggestion.. I too would prefer Vanyel´s idea. I would also like a daily quest where you just have to track down another NPC from the startpoint, and when you do find it, you get 20kgc, JUST LIKE THAT. Isn´t it awesome?!

lol, no need to go over-exaggeration...

Meh, a better daily would be if you just click the NPC and then get "Do you want 20kgc?" and then have to chose from these 2 options "Yes!" and "Yes"

As for the suggestion - plz come back in a year or 2 and read it again, if you still think its a good idea i will reply on it :P