Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saeger3

Phys/Cord/Vitality

Since now we can get unlimited amounts of these skills i think fighting is ruined. Now to be say a lvl 80s fighter it dosnt mean much because now fighting is mostly to do with phys/cord/vitality. I think these should be limited to say 25 each. Doing this should hoepfuly make fighting alot better.

i think you might have a point there because a lvl 30 can beat a lvl 80

personaly i think that we should have like str vitality and stuff and be able to put into it like in diablo2 but thats just me and probaly killer lamb because he luvs diablo but he doesent count :P

Exactly, People can get extremely high levels of these, and be practically perfect in every way, being able to alch/manu/summon/pot/fight anything they want, though i still want to get free charachter customization of skills. so i thought up this idea-

you get 2 "points" to spend any skill on. this is where it gets interesting. at the begining of the game, you chose what you want to be best in. you can split up the "points" in any way. for example:

1 fighting

1/2 summoner

1/4 potion maker

1/4 manufacturer

this means id be best at fighting, and would be able to manufacture some stuff and make some potions, but not all of them, and would be able to summon half the monsters in the game.

here's another example:

2/3 fighting

1/3 pot making

1/2 summoner

1/2 harvester

This means I'd be pretty good at fighting, so-so at pot-making, average at harvesting and summoning.

so anyone like this idea?

Hello.

There should be, for example, 100 levels to spent for basic atributes.

So someone can get 50/50 phys/coord but he can't get 70/50 because

max pickpoints that can be spent for basics are 100.

Regards.

Hello.

There should be, for example, 100 levels to spent for basic atributes.

So someone can get 50/50 phys/coord but he can't get 70/50 because

max pickpoints that can be spent for basics are 100.

Regards.

its actually 54/54 since you have those 4 for starters and if you'd use 100 afterwards.

But anyways why should one limit the attribs? I mean its really not that wise to get 50/50. 'Been there done that' the exp gain is really bad. 1,6-2,2k def exp/cyclops and around 300 att exp/cyclops and while your gap is around 1mill it really isn't that much fun.

Instead of hard limits, how about making higher abilities harder to get than lower abilities. I was thinking of making higher numbers require more pickpoints or something but that gets too messy. Perhaps the formulas for cross attributes should be changed so that they increase more slowly with increases in basic attributes like this:

old formula for Might = (Physique + Coordination) / 2

new formula for Might = 2 + sqrt(Physique + Coordination)

eek! that's too severe - try Might = (Physique + Coordination) to the power 0.7

Phys  Coord   Old Might    2+sqrt(P+C)     (P+C)e.7

4       4          4             4              4

5       5          5             5              5

6       6          6             5              5

7       7          7             5              6

8       8          8             6              6

9       9          9             6              7

10      10         10            6              8

15      15         15            7              10

20      20         20            8              13

30      30         30            9              17

40      40         40           10              21

50      50         50           12              25

60      60         60           12              28

70      70         70           13              31

100     100        100          16              40

150     150        150          19              54

504     504        504          33              126

The rest of the cross attribute formulas would change the same way. This might also require the formulas for Material Points, Ethereal Points, and Load to be re-examined. The stats for monsters (and the storebots) would need to be adjusted, but I think this kind of tapering scale would be better for the game.

I think the nexuses mjght also need to be modified. It would be easiest to stretch the nexus scale.

Instead of this:

nexus  human:armor     human:weapon  human:shield vegetal:potion artificial:item

0   padded leather  iron broad sw   wooden     minor healing  leather gloves

1   iron chain      steel longsw    enhanced   physique       padded leather

2   steel chain     steel 2-edged   iron       coordination   iron broad sw/chain

3   steel chain     titanium short  steel      vitality       steel long/steel ch

4   titanium chain  titanium long   steel      body rest      titanium short sw 

5   titanium chain  serpent         steel      summoning      serpent

maybe it should be closer to this:

nexus  human:armor     human:weapon  human:shield vegetal:potion artificial:item

0   padded leather  iron sword      (none)     minor healing  leather gloves

1   padded leather  iron broad sw   wooden     physique       padded leather

2   iron chain      iron broad sw   enhanced   coordination   iron sword/chain

3   iron chain      steel longsw    iron       vitality       iron broadsw

4   steel chain     steel longsw    iron       spirit rest    steel long/steel ch

5   steel chain     steel 2-edged   steel      body rest      steel 2-edged

6   titanium chain  titanium short  steel      harvesting     titanium short sw

7   titanium chain  titanium short  steel      manufacturing  titanium long sw

8   titanium chain  titanium long   steel      harvesting     titanium long sw

9   titanium chain  titanium long   steel      harvesting     titanium long sw

10   titanium chain  serpent         steel      harvesting     serpent

with equivalent adjustment to the summoning and crafting charts. This way, it'll take a more substantial investment in pickpoints to use or to make the best equipment. There'll be more demand for mid-level equipment and the high-end equipment will be harder to make. There will be more diversity in the equipment being used at any time, I think.

nice one puntif, you have just set in numbers what i have been talking about for some time now :D (the nexus part that is).

and i support the attribute system...

now lets try and get this past entropy...

Maybe the nexi for potions should also be altered.

Potions that are used a lot (body and mind rest) Vegetal 10, and potions that are rarely used (harvest potion) Vegetal 1 or so.

Also the recommended lvls for these pots should be that way.

Give also different starting attributes for the different races : elves high reaction/dexterity and low might , dwarves high toughness with low reaction/dexterity and humans the avarage between elves and dwarves.

(If this will be done, we should be able to chance race for only 1 time directly after logging in after the next reset)

Success rate can also been extracted from attributes (in combination with lvl) e.g. high rationality for magic

Other possible thing against upping only phys/coord is that an attribute can only be increased after the other attributes are also higher.

So for example the lowest stat is 4, will result in a cap for other attributes of 8 (lowest * 2)

So, if your phys is 8, you have to upgrade your other attributes to at least 5 to be able to get your phys up a point (5 * 2 = max 10)

In this example its a factor 2, but it can also be made of a more complex factor, its just the idea.