Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Moutos

Comet Medallion

I saw thats there moon, star, sun medallions all giving + def and + acc and + armour but I don't see a med that has + att

Why not make a med called "Comet Medallion" that gives + 4 attack? Then the balance of the fighting techniques (acc, crit, def and armour) would be restored.

Edited by Em0tion

ummmm accuracy is the equipment modifier that helps you hit. the +4 accuracy on a moon/sun med is counter to the +4 defense on the unicorn medallion.

The only balancing the medallions need is the +4 accuracy pulled off the moon med, which is a mistake in the first place.

Yes, but with a 4+ att it helps you to hit harder, to kill your opponent more quickly, not to help you "hit". Hitting and the power of the hit are both completely different things.

Firstly, the impact of damage and absorb from the attack and defense skills is relatively tiny, for the most part they only help hit and dodge. The Might and Toughness cross-attributes and the Damage and Armor equipment modifiers have by far the biggest impact on resulting damage/absorb.

Secondly, the defense provided by the unicorn medallion modifies your equipment defense bonus (which should probably be renamed "evasion" to avoid exactly the kind of misconception you're currently having), not your defense skill.

i.e. type #arm, see "Defense" written there? that's what the unicorn med affects. It's not the same as your Defense skill.

If you're interested in the combat system, maybe you'll find my guide useful.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51536