Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stros

Shields

I was just wondering why shields stop at titanium when u have bd,rd and id armor it would be nice to have shields for these armor sets also

I don't see any reason why dragon armors should be better than they are atm.

Or actually I wouldn't mind if the dragon shields would give bit lower def bonus than shields that exists in game now and give some other bonuses. Like protect from rangers etc.

Or actually I wouldn't mind if the dragon shields would give bit lower def bonus than shields that exists in game now and give some other bonuses. Like protect from rangers etc.

No, you already have Point Defense which hs the ability to totally stop a ranger.. adding even more things to make rangers less usuable puts us with rangers being almost useless.

Would be nice if those shield would give the appropriate protection (and vulnerability to compensate it)

red: heat protection & cold vulnerability

black: radiation protection & magic vulnerability

ice: cold protection & heat vulnerability

Edited by groomsh

In order to prevent overpowering dragon shields, all inferior shields would have to be weakened. Now we start at +4 (wooden shield) and end up at +8 (bronze and titanium).

It could be this way:

wooden +2

enh. wooden +3

iron shield +4

steel shield +5

titanium/bronze shield +6

red/black scale shield +7

ice scale shield +8

This way, ice shield would maintain the same top position, titanium and bronze shield now have and would not be overpowered (since ice shield would give you the same protection as titanium gives now).

Would be nice if those shield would give the appropriate protection (and vulnerability to compensate it)

red: heat protection & cold vulnerability

black: radiation protection & magic vulnerability

ice: cold protection & heat vulnerability

I like this idea. Or the bd shield could have:

magic protection & radiation vulnerability

radiation protection & magic vulnerability

Either one would be good for bd, but groomsh has the rd and id shields set out nicely

No, you already have Point Defense which hs the ability to totally stop a ranger.. adding even more things to make rangers less usuable puts us with rangers being almost useless.

Yeah I forgot point defenses, but mostly my point was they could have bonuses that doesn't exist in other shields.

Groomsh got the idea :)