Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dragburn

newb island

ok i think newb island should be reinstated but updated.either that or there needs to be more newb helpers.i just get a little fed up with the fact that i can only help one at a time and if i help one they all start screaming at me for help. it just makes it rather stressful

Yes, Newbie Island would be a big help. But then again, the helpers on channel 1 are already doing a good job, so I think it's okay. What would be interesting, though, is if Learner could turn his bot-making skills into making Guide bots that would actually give out advice and help to newbies as they enter.

I really liked the idea of newbie island. Why was it removed in the first place? Was it too difficult to get through?

what if you made a bot that when some1 entered newb island it would shout out commands of what to do

what if you made a bot that when some1 entered newb island it would shout out commands of what to do
before lvl 7(or 6?) overall, there is a '#hint: [insert random informative tip here]' that comes every once in a while in yellow text..

sry elpargo becoming a nh is all up to ent i think.he has the final say on who becomes a nh and who doesnt.not any in this thread can do that.

What i meant in my last post was that if only NOOBS see the bot then there wouldnt be bots all over the place, and if they were told that only they can see them then they wouldnt be saying stuff like "does any one else see this dumb guy" and if they are told its a bot they wouldnt be making random insults and no one will understand them.

What's this newb island I hear? Im so confused, I thought it was Isla prima.... :shock: :?

newb island was where u started BEFORE the server restart and the wipe. It was entro. tut. to the game where u learned the basics. but it is "outdated"

:roll:

lol all i read in this thread i suggested some days ago ^^

about newb island, i told roja today we need it back

people join the game, start at the wraith, ask "what do i do?"...hmm noone there who can answer them because most people there are newbs or players who dont care to answer and just want to use PPs...1min later they log off *POOF*..it is hard to explain too for every new player that comes in :?

newb island was good, atleast i saw some NHs sitting there and help :)

about the bot, i suggested that few days ago, a bot like leeloominai that talks to people, little smarter like those icq afk bots :P

asks where they come from/where they found the game, ..its funny to talk to them till you notice its a bot ^^

hey i sit at wraith while im on and give every newb or at least i try "welcome to eternal lands, may i help u?" most of them juts walk around then go poof they dont even ask how to play..

It was removed because i had to beg the NHs to get there and do their duty.

I always saw Hazor there and a few others at times. Even non-NHs (at that time) went there to help. Im sure you could make it work agaiin.

It was removed because i had to beg the NHs to get there and do their duty.

i used to spend quite alot of my time there, and i am not a NH

(i was hoping to become one, but nobody in power seemed to notice)

not only more NH are required tho, more Mods too - too many times i play when there are none to move blockers etc.

Newbie bot:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/phpBB2/viewto...opic.php?t=6710

*sigh*

Entropy: If some NH is not doing his duty then kick him off.

Anyway I see most of us are very helpful and active if not

on channel 1 then near Wraith, or responding to #help_me

requests..or showing newbies the world...hosting events etc.

And those bad seeds --> out. :twisted:

Regards.

noobi island was fun place to go and relax... i wish it was back - i used to go there after it was removed (when i still had SirKillAl0t - slayt0ns clone on it) i would log onto a char there just to sit around

noobie island was the only reason i wanted powers at first, ask tumaros :D and it was a big help..... i'd be willing to write what the new "Raven" has to say and ask noobs if you are willing to put it back =)

I like helping newbies. I'm a newbie myself right now, but I still help when I can. I think I would be a good NH, once I know more. And yea, if some people get annoyed by newbies asking questions, then newbie island would be a good idea. And bots on newbie island, so they don't have to worry about people not wanting to help over there.