Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dragburn

More weapons

Ok not to sound runescapish but there needs to be more weapons other than alot of swords, 2 staffs, and 2 battlehammers. if the game is destined to float rather than sink there needs to be more elements that factor into the gameplay. like actual tactical advantages with the weapons.maybe weapons that require a certain skill to use or if a skill is higher then the weapon deals more damage.example: Scythe-does +10 damage and gets bonus damage = to 1/3 harv lvl. since scythes are used in harvesting crops a farmer would know how to use one more effectively than a smithy would right? get my drift?

Edit: Feedback welcomed!

I agree, but to many weopons would be to much. Also maybe weopons could have advantages over others (ie. A longsword would be able to attack more against a shortsword of some kind.)

I agree, but to many weopons would be to much. Also maybe weopons could have advantages over others (ie. A longsword would be able to attack more against a shortsword of some kind.)

I like that idea. Some weapons are "faster" than others. For example, a tit short might do less damage than a tit long, but you get 2 attacks per round.

Or you can give a special weapon to hurt a monster , for example since gargs are big dumbo's they dont see the tit short coming in time to dodge ot so u can hit them 2 times as much , but when fighting gobs with it its less efficient or something like that.......

more weapons will most likely not show up in the free server, but entropy have plans for more variations on the weapons (atleast there is talk in a diffrent part of the forum about magic effects eyecandy on weapons)...

The game doesn't necessarly need more weapons. Maybe a temorary weapon upgrade, like a stone droped from a monster that, once refined or something, upgrades a weapon for a fixed amount of time. Of course there would have to be a limit on the amout of upgrades possable.

why not just have weapons and armor dropped by monsters have random stats above a base limit? like you could find a serpent sword with an extra +2 accuracy or damage? or a steel shield that absorbs 2 extra damage?

Nonsustainability, eventually then everyone would have a bonused weapon that would be worth keeping and would hold the bonus forever and everyone would just forget about the normal weaponry, causing the armorists to not sell anything.

i like vartican's idea best...... having the same weapons but stronger

Titanium Serpent Sword +1

15-25 dmg

Titanium Serpent Sword +2

20-30 dmg

Titanium Serpent Sword +3

30-35 dmg

Titanium Serpent Sword +4

35-40 dmg

Titanium Serpent Sword +5

40-50 dmg

same with armors

Titanium Chain mail +1

5-7 armor

Titanium Chain mail +2

7-9 armor

Titanium Chain mail +3

9-11 armor

Titanium Chain mail +4

11-13 armor

Titanium Chain mail +5

13-15 armor

there would also be "upgrade stones" so you could say upgrade a +3 item to +4, but you would have the chance of failing in the upgrade and losing both teh stone and the item

I think that makes a +5 Serp way to strong, with your figures it is now more then twice as powerful as a normal Serpent! Do you want get get hit by something wielding a +5 Serp??? And what if it does a Crit so your armor is ignored and then does 50 points in damage before other modifiers!

It would be interesting to see a Fluffy Rabbit wielding one of those :D

I think it's better if the weapon will add to an attribute, if they are to be enhanced at all....

Like:

This perfectly shaped serpent sword glows with a soft blue light, promising it's wielder more accuracy when wielding it.

giving the user a bonus to dexterity in the above example

Don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice if it was.. :D

Well, ok. That +5 smeging serp idea just sucks. (Sorry SirKillAlot). So I'd have a serp, and then u have another "serp" and it would be better. SMEG NO! But if thy atleast did that it would be better then nothing for EL.

Just make more weapons. Especially for the staffs. Try making the staffs have somehting special in them. "You know, staffs are basically suppose to be used my magicians." Yea...

:idea: Think about that. :idea:

you could just have some weapons with perks in them eg a staff with conjurer perk or a spear with body pirce(makes sense)or a sword with fatal man but the trouble with this would be that some capes would be irrelivant so u could downsize the effect on them so conjurer perk on staff would reduce mana cost of summoning by 1/4 and body pierce spear to 5% so this still makes the capes relevant.

magic kind of sucks atm, and my idea came from a game that is now in the riches and has thousands of players :) and it is a very good idea, it just needs to be tuned a little bit so that the +5 serp doesn't pwn u all :twisted:

oh wow i didnt know this post would get so much attention...thx for paying me some attention for once! btw vart i like ur av!

i herd a rumor about them that they umm well actualy dont wana tell any1 but i herd something about a new wepon *wink wink*

oh really... what is the new weapon? I'm sure just about everyone would like to know! :wink:

Well Kat lets linger it down shall we?

He said 'magic weapons'

Ok lets rule out the obvious...

No swords

No armors

No new unheard of weapon

That means its a hammer or staff and unless you a battlemage your not gonna be carrying around a hammer.

ITS A MACE DUH!!!!! j/k but a mace would be a cool weapon

So unless he his wording was not entirely accurate its a staff.

To make the game less Runescape-ish, why not let people weild Double-weapons that come as one item? Maybe some quarter-staffs too and (can't remeber what they're called) those spears with hooked sides on them. Here's a crude diagram:

spearthingy.gif