Eternal Lands Official Forums
Alberich

bugged storage

I could reproduce how the storage could get messed like in this post.

steps:

1. put all items you're wearing and in inventory to storage
  2. use the #item_uid command till you get 'Send Item UIDs 1'
  3. close client and relog to EL (could also be triggered by a disconnect)
  4. open storage and you'll see the items are messed up, you even might crash the client

I guess client fails to detect that item uid is 1 when no inventory items are send at startup.

Well found Alberich. When the issue occurred during testing I stared a the code for ages but could not think of the reason. I'm not sure how we can work round this in the client and by the next release we may switch to only use the Item UIDs so the problem will go away.

However, I have just spoken to Radu about this and proposed what is hopefully a solution. If the server sends the output from the #item_uid command after the HERE_YOUR_INVENTORY message, then the client can fix itself without a client code change. It would only need to be sent if the number of items is zero.

Oddly enough, I ran into this same exact problem, today :)

I think there's another possible solution to leaving it on. It'd work if it would take a parameter, instead of being a toggle. E.G.. "#item_uid 1".

This way it wouldn't break bots on _old_ code and would allow you to assure it's on by setting it (if indeed you want it on...)

I just had the issue again with a recent cvs client. weird I didn't log or resync.

Noticed that my storage was messed after a trade (it was fine before and during the trade). Only one similarity to the above scenario, my inv was empty.

Yep, its repeatable. Darn. It's another situation where the HERE_YOUR_INVENTORY message is sent. I guess the same server hack would fix it again so we could ask Radu nicely....

Edited by bluap

Wait, when do you want me to send that message?

The client does the auto detect when it receives the HERE_YOUR_INVENTORY message from the server. With an empty inventory, the auto detect fails and always sets the item_uid value to zero. When we spoke about adding the server hack to help, we said the hack was needed everywhere the server sends the HERE_YOUR_INVENTORY message. We thought that was at login and on reconnect. It appears that it is also sent after a trade so we would need the hack added there too. I'm not sure if it is the trade that causes the HERE_YOUR_INVENTORY message or the resulting server save. I keep meaning to test this but, I can't do a manual save immediately on login and have so far forgotten to try later.

I had this again today - after a trade naked.

Not sure if this is connected - but clicked the flowers section of the storage and it crashed the client completely.

Hi,

I encountered this "bug" today 3 or 4 times after a trade (player2player) and then opened the storage:

storage.png

I got the "set UID 1" message too.

I did now the suggested #save and log off/log on "solution" from channel 6, but I am not sure if it will work now.

EDIT:

Eternal Lands Version 1.9.1 Beta on Windows 7 Prof. english

Edited by DrMabuse

To summarise...

#item_uid

repeat until it says 1

any trade where your inv and equip slots are all empty

To fix..

Simply #item_uid

click any new section of store - it is fixed - no need to logoff / close store etc.

hello today i got dissconected a lot and after some times this showed up:Send Item UIDs 0

what this mean? is it normal or what i need to do?

ty anyway,

terminetor

This has come up again during testing of the 1.9.4 release. It is still an issue when you trade with an empty inventory. I don't remember why the server was not changed to send the output from "#item_uid" after the trade. However, seeing as the message is sent on start-up and when the user does the #command themselves (and so the client is in a good state), I think I have a client side work around: simply do not try to set the item_uid state if the HERE_YOUR_INVENTORY is sending zero items. This appears to work OK. Its a very small, simple change so safe for this stage in the release testing.

Edited by bluap