Eternal Lands Official Forums
crownwarrior

are there no more caped invasions or smthn?

dun get me wrong, i think uncapeds are a good change and can be fun, but i just think that anyone who cant solo epic mobs of chims and yetis gets left out a little. yes i know they drop ogres and cycs around a bit, but only small amounts compared to the massed amount of fcw/fero/yeti that the pr0s get. it does get a little agrivating when the mods pretty much forget about anyone below 100 a/d. im not saying this happens all the time, and yes sometimes there are uncaped invasions with areas that arnt filled with yeti/trice/dragons, but mostly its hard to find a spot like that, unlike in caped invasion where each map is filled with creatures for a select lvl, not just a bunch of pr0 stuff. so back to my original question, did mods quit doing caped invasions for some reason? if so then why?

Other mods still do capped invasions. However, when I am running an invasion I prefer doing on without any caps. Here is why.

1) People cheat

2) People omfg

1) Running an invasion takes a lot of a moderators time, It is not easy while spawning monsters (in more then one map) and walk around and check every player to see if they are over the caps. Of course most people have their stats blocked, privacy set, so I need to then open a browser, and go to special moderator page and do a search.Franky I don't have the time to do this. In the last 3 capped invasions I personaly did we had at least 4 or 5 players breaking the caps each time.

2) People omfg. This means a constant flood of pm's from people telling me, i.e. "omfg clops on a 80's capped map..too hard. Or "omfg spawn more fluffys, but don't spawn anything that I consider too hard" There are more examples, and frankly it is anoyning.

Doing an uncapped invasion may seem not fair to the less advanced players. However, This way every person is on the same playing field. It is up to each person to judge the risk/reward for themselves. Last invasion had 1000's of trolls, clops,ogres and fluffys. It may not seem like it,as they do get killed pretty quickly, compared to yeti for example. The other thing to realize, is there are many many strong players in game, compared to 3 years ago.

Other moderators have a different view, and they sometimes run capped invasions. Perhaps they are just more patient then myself. But in my opinion,and invasion was never meant as a farming frenzy. It is to me, more of a team work, activity. Hunting monsters in remote locations, Never knowing what you might face. An angry troll,or 2 giants closing in. It requires you (the players) to work together, Unite under a common goal. And with ranging, remote healing, rat summoning, even the very low levels can particiapte, with little gc's risk.

As for doing a capped invasion, personaly, I might do one from time to time. But it is my preference not to. Other mods of course will run invasions as they see fit :) Some moderators (usl for example) Have a much larger sense of roleplaying then I do. And also have much more imagination then me, and tailor their invasions around in-game story lines, etc. Every one has their own style!

So keep trainning, and one day you solo a casty and say omfg, invasion too easy!

Wizz

Well personally I prefer uncapped, because in this age of EL we have fighters/archers/mages/mixers/resets and goodness knows what else, i find that a/d can be a rather bad figure to use when grouping players(bad for players trying to have some fun and mods trying to set the difficulty for this broad range of people)

Whereas uncapped gives you the right to be where you want, you dont have to worry "What map should i be in!!!~1" , and often try what you are comforatable with and sometimes attempt that which you don't ordinarily confront. Especially with C2 portals uncapped, with difficulty rising each army, its a game of risk Bs benefit, and fun Vs risk all at the same time. Exit and live safely, or carry on and maybe get some more riches with possibility of death increasing all the time.

Crown, you saw two uncapped invasion and assumed all mods stopped doing capped invasions. Whereas, a few months earlier, there were nothing but capped invasions.

As for uncapped versus capped. I find capped fun as I know I can kill everything in there as long as I don't get overwhelmed, but at the same time, I find uncapped equally fun as I get to see how far up I can go. Recently I got caught in a storm of Slessars and didn't know what to expect. I found that I could kill them.

Knowing what is in each map is key, the invasion started relatively simple, without the high level creatures for awhile. However, for players in a certain range, they probably wouldn't be able to participate. But that's ok, since when I was just starting EL, I couldn't participate in a lot of invasions because of my low levels, but it became an incentive for me to train my a/d higher to be able to do invasions. It isn't for the moderators to cater to you when they're already giving you an invasion, it's for you to adjust yourself to best take what life gives you.

i like uncapped too :)

well, its hard cause at start the low monsters are killed fast by the high level players...

but there are some advantages for me :

-if someone lost stuff and i have a chance to go to that map - maybe invisible- i can go,

-im a good ranger so i can go later for high level stuff on any map

-i love monster searching :medieval:, gives a nice thrill to step around a corner, not

knowing what will wait for you there :fire:

i found for me : just for the fun, no caps are the best :bow_arrow:

capped ones are nice for drops at start, but after the 2nd wave you have to be near the cap with real good gear to stand the mobs....well good for radu :evilgrin: most bricks are dropped then ;)

oh wait...the very best invasions are the hidden, no caps ones :fire:

what about do maps like are for invasions and only capped could step in , so invasion would be for them? mhmm?

They do this, they are called instances

I also prefer the capped invasions, as I actually get a chance to take part. With non capped invasions, if it is a wave based invasion, I don't normally get a chance to kill much as the higher level peeps usually slaughter them before I can find any, and people are reluctant to tell people where the mobs are spawning, as they want them for themselves. With the portal room invasions, or just random mobs invasions, I have to stay far away from them, as there is rarely anything I can actually kill. Only exception to this I guess would be bethell, which is why I am leveling up my ranged =)

I can say I don't really like uncapped invasions, but I instead of omfg'ing about it I just don't fight in them.

Earlier invasions were really rare, now when a mod does them often people keep bitching how they are too hard and uncapped and not nice exp and bad drops etc... Seems people are getting creedy even about invasions, they have to be the best exp per hour, uber gc at same time and of course there has to be at least one invasion per week.

Just do the same as me, if the invasion is uncapped and you don't like it, stay in safe maps. Pretty easy, eh?

Crown, you saw two uncapped invasion and assumed all mods stopped doing capped invasions. Whereas, a few months earlier, there were nothing but capped invasions.

As for uncapped versus capped. I find capped fun as I know I can kill everything in there as long as I don't get overwhelmed, but at the same time, I find uncapped equally fun as I get to see how far up I can go. Recently I got caught in a storm of Slessars and didn't know what to expect. I found that I could kill them.

Knowing what is in each map is key, the invasion started relatively simple, without the high level creatures for awhile. However, for players in a certain range, they probably wouldn't be able to participate. But that's ok, since when I was just starting EL, I couldn't participate in a lot of invasions because of my low levels, but it became an incentive for me to train my a/d higher to be able to do invasions. It isn't for the moderators to cater to you when they're already giving you an invasion, it's for you to adjust yourself to best take what life gives you.

i know its nots mods job to cater to me, i appreciate the invasions, i was merely stating my opionion and asking a question, did not require u to start telling me what i already knew. and theres been tons of uncaped invasions recently, not just 2.

Edited by crownwarrior

Well said, but in my opinion, capped invasion are the best for me now, cuz I know that I actually stand a chance in whatever is in the invasion. But as well as saying that..it can all change when people get their a/d levels a bit higher, wanting to get more exp, better gc etc. But also there are out there people who only think for themselves, not letting a newbie get their chance on leveling up a few, experienceing the thrill of an invasion and want the invasion suited for THEM. Greediness and Selfishness is very common. Naming no names here :P

~Fate

... But also there are out there people who only think for themselves, not letting a newbie get their chance on leveling up a few, experienceing the thrill of an invasion and want the invasion suited for THEM. Greediness and Selfishness is very common. Naming no names here :P

~Fate

It's been a problem with invasions and other events for... as long as I remember, which makes it 6 years by now. Doubt it is going to change at all. Pity. It discourages people from running events or taking part in them. Heh.

But also there are out there people who only think for themselves, not letting a newbie get their chance on leveling up a few, experienceing the thrill of an invasion and want the invasion suited for THEM. Greediness and Selfishness is very common. Naming no names here :P

Yes, you're right.

I think that the problem is MASS farming of pro instances (and the others too).

That means, people need invasion tokens, so what's the easy solution ? Go and smash all mobs you can kill with one hit - yout Yetis/Trices/Dragons will not run away.

That's mainly why i stopped going into instances. If i want to hunt mobs, i can do this with the "normal" ones and i don't need an invasion ...

Capped invasions give a good chance for everyone, but i can imagine how frustrating it must be for a mod getting constants flow of "omfg" PMs - it's clear that you'll never be able to please everyone.

I think what could help is, that the chance to get special drops, would be based on the diff of mob and player level.

Eh, if I ever end up running invasions, people regularly annoying me with OMFG PMs would find themselves unable to log in. There's no excuse for it whatsoever. A volunteer mod who is spending THEIR time running an invasion should in no way have to put up with such annoyances.

Be happy with what you get. Mods are under no obligation to do an invasion at all.

Eh, if I ever end up running invasions, people regularly annoying me with OMFG PMs would find themselves unable to log in. There's no excuse for it whatsoever. A volunteer mod who is spending THEIR time running an invasion should in no way have to put up with such annoyances.

Be happy with what you get. Mods are under no obligation to do an invasion at all.

Completely understand that, and I think the vast majority of people really appreciate it when the mods do things like invasions. Whilst I have a preference for what sort of thing I like, end of the day, I understand that certain kinds are far easier for a mod to run, and understand that is why they are rarer than other kinds.

Invasions ARE FOR high level players. Anyone not a godlike fighter should just stay away for it what they are for and what are you doing even attempting to get involved? If the invasions were intended for everyone there would be non-fighting elements involved. Pack up your stuff and if you have a bag you have working for hours bags were never intended to be used that way so it never really was yours despite the work.

Maybe a little heavy in sarcasm but when almost every map has a dragon on it, often waiting at exit for you to enter and kill you before you can even use dis ring and leave, not too heavy.

Too bad there is not a C3 for the demigods.

Invasions ARE FOR high level players. Anyone not a godlike fighter should just stay away for it what they are for and what are you doing even attempting to get involved? If the invasions were intended for everyone there would be non-fighting elements involved. Pack up your stuff and if you have a bag you have working for hours bags were never intended to be used that way so it never really was yours despite the work.

Maybe a little heavy in sarcasm but when almost every map has a dragon on it, often waiting at exit for you to enter and kill you before you can even use dis ring and leave, not too heavy.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

EDIT: You need to lrn to dis/tele !

EDIT: Comment withdrawn

Edited by Wizzy

well that's why capped invasions are nice, Saxum. there won't be a dragon on a map capped below 100 a/d, that's basically a guarantee. if you can't get a straight answer on ch6 as to what is on a map, just go in naked with some invis potions and antidotes, and a way to beam/tele/ring out quickly.

As for the bagmixes, we usually have ample warning before an invasion starts for these kind of reasons amongst others.

Back when i started playing EL i used to get mad at invasions too, but once i started getting into fighting in them i quickly learned to love them, even if i died. They don't have much negative impact, there are almost always safe maps.. the worst thing that could happen to a non-fighter is they have to reschedule a bagmix. not that bad in the long run. Invasions eat rostos and eaten rostos are bricks in teh Gods castle, the bigger the castle the happier teh God, and the Lands then stay Eternal :icon13:

If you are in a new tier of a/d caps, just train up!

what do you mean with high level :confused:

im a poor a/d 97/102 but i like to hunt dragons :bow_arrow:

invasions are for everyone, just make shure if you die don't whine :hug:

some just love the thrill to run from monsters, and don't forget ,

casty and MB partys need healers sometimes too :) and rangers and summoners :D

Edited by wuffzel

Perhaps it would be a good idea to introduce low level monster's invasions on No Drop days - lack of drops and insignificant exp would discourage high level chars to participate, while weaklings, and especially new players could taste what invasions are all about? Not sure though if that suggestion has any merit since a number of new players seems to be low. Reason vs result dilemma - no newbies since EL game mechanics favor oldtimers or EL evolves to please oldtimers to survive, since little newbies sign up?

Yes, I hear you all

Please write below this post

Your in-game name

Your A/D and attributes

The current weapons / armors in your storage

Your annual rostogol budget (gc's / $)

Your monster of choice

If you have ICD or Gelly bones, perks, (IE do you prefer Multi combat maps, or single combat)

Time of day that is best for you in GMT

Your current astro or if you are skeptic

Your age and any medical problems you may have (heart condition, carpal tunnel syndrome, erectile dysfunction, etc)

With the above information, It will make planning an invasion much easier.

Any time when you can make will be ok to me :) as well as any kind of invasion, if i wont enjoy someone else will enjoy so its ok in any way

Ty for your time wasted on us making invasions :) hope you waste more in future too :D

EDIT: Same from demmolution :)

Edited by rutuliukas

each mod has their own style of invasion. some will do the mass amount of work a capped invasion needs, some do wave invasions, some toss them all in portals, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, I hear you all

Please write below this post

Your in-game name

Your A/D and attributes

The current weapons / armors in your storage

Your annual rostogol budget (gc's / $)

Your monster of choice

If you have ICD or Gelly bones, perks, (IE do you prefer Multi combat maps, or single combat)

Time of day that is best for you in GMT

Your current astro or if you are skeptic

Your age and any medical problems you may have (heart condition, carpal tunnel syndrome, erectile dysfunction, etc)

With the above information, It will make planning an invasion much easier.

Starlite

1. to low

2. mind your own biz

3. whats a rosto?

4. rats

5.any

6. when Im awake

7. bad kahma

8. im a girl...to many to list (you forgot pmt)

Do it now..how dare you have a life :DD