Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giove

Different break formula

In the last months i don't go for training too much, but i do Haidir daily.

Recently the game was changed to make impossible afk train, changing the break formula and critic:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54271

I saw as the phantom warrior is gone hard to kill, i saw as a rat can hit me with 7 hp damage and even if i dont understand well why i accept that facts.

It was also told "Different break formula, should be fair to everyone."

In the last few days i notice the change to critic is very invasive for me. Also if i am skeptic.

I broke/degraded 3 armor pieces so quick.

From Yeti for Haidir quest:

att:138/46 def:139/65 phy:48 coo:48 rea:16 wil:12 ins:16 vit:12 combat level:316.75

Log started at 2010-12-21 localtime (ora solare Europa occidentale) at [22:10:03] Your Used Titanium Shield has been destroyed

Training Mountain Chimeran:

att:138/46 def:140/60 phy:48 coo:48 rea:16 wil:12 ins:16 vit:12 combat level:317.5

Log started at 2010-12-29 localtime (ora solare Europa occidentale) at [21:16:45] Your Red Dragon Mail has been degraded to Damaged Red Dragon Mail

I moved 4 Instinct into 4 Vitality, to improve Thoughness

From Yeti for Haidir quest:

att:138/46 def:140/59 phy:48 coo:48 rea:16 wil:12 ins:12 vit:16 combat level:317.5

Log started at 2011-01-05 localtime (ora solare Europa occidentale) at [18:13:33] Your Crown of Life has been degraded to Damaged Crown of Life

Well i know my character is not good to go for training from high level monster, but i think i could train monster with Attack/Defense 115/115 like Mountain Chimeran because my defense is 25 level more without get armor broken so bad, or to broke so bad things in only 30+30 Yeti (who have Attack/Defense 125/125, 15 level under my defense).

The reason i write here is not for the breakages it self, they are just few gold coins.

The reason is the high demotivation the breakages gave when you train with similar monster, also getting low experience.

Sorry Radu for this post.

You can remove it if it hurts, but i needed to write it.

Thank you if you will do something to adjust that.

Yours sincerely

Giove

You only broke used titanium shield, red dragon armor and col got degraded, it seems normal with your toughness and reaction- imho always

Edited by Mistral

You only broke used titanium shield, red dragon armor and col got degraded, it seems normal with your toughness and reaction- imho always

I broke used titanium shield and col got degraded in the last 60 yetis, after formula is changed.

I never broke a thing in previous 600 yetis.

Giove

And you may not break a thing in another 600 yetis or break 10 whole sets in 100 yetis... It's probability ...

And you may not break a thing in another 600 yetis or break 10 whole sets in 100 yetis... It's probability ...

So i have to believe that killing last 10000 cyclops, 35000 fluffies, 29000 feros, 37000 desert chimeran, 6500 forest chimeran without broke or damage a single armor, was not depending from a good defense and a different break formula.

Sure, sure it was just big luck...

Now the break formula has changed and in the while monsters hit more deeply.

Both things toghether means the number of critical hits are strongly increased.

And this is the reason of the increase of the breakage.

The new formula is not so fair for me.

Giove

yes, the toughness requirement now to keep breaks low on yeti+ isn't realistic for normal players, i hope radu will make some adjustment. When the crit_damage for any given hit is over maybe 35 we should get the lower break system init chance because that's about the max armor bonus we can get from equipment.

So i have to believe that killing last 10000 cyclops, 35000 fluffies, 29000 feros, 37000 desert chimeran, 6500 forest chimeran without broke or damage a single armor, was not depending from a good defense and a different break formula.

Sure, sure it was just big luck...

No, it was a bug. The game was never intended to not break armor ever if some attribute was very high.